Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Does cream circulate through your system?

Questions regarding Ro-bust: Please help! =)
February 12 2009 at 7:00 PM
Antheia (Login Antheia)

Hello everyone! I hope you all are doing well on your NBE journeys!

I just received my Ro-bust cream yesterday, which was super fast shipping from Deb(yay!), but I'm a bit confused after reading some posts about PM and cycling.

I've read somewhere that it is safe to use at any point of your cycle since it only affects the breasts, and another post that said a PM "spray" (?) caused cycling problems. I would think that is the cream could be used at any point, and only affects the breasts, then it wouldn't cause cycling problems.

I'm trying not to throw my hormones out of balance, so I was hoping that the cream would be better than the caps for me for this purpose.

I guess my questions are, does anyone have any knowledge on how the cream actually affects your body once it is absorbed? Does it circulate through your system in the same manner as taking PM orally would? What have been your experiences with the cream so far?

Thank you for any information,

~Antheia

meehka
(no login)
Re: Questions regarding Ro-bust: Please help! =)
February 12 2009, 10:54 PM

Ro-bust is a new product, I guess less than 3 months since it has been on market so not many girls in this forum tried it yet. I think just try using it continually to see the effect in you then maybe do a break when it messes your cycle.

I've been using the cream for 5 weeks now (no break). I used it the day I got it in the mail. My period was just on time last month. I am expecting it again this coming weekend.

So far, I like my progress. But I'm taking borage, goats rue, ground flaxseed too and I started using them almost at the same time so I don't know which is causing my good progress these past 6 weeks that is already noticeable in the mirror. So I am not taking away any of them. I am actually waiting for my PM premium capsules made by the same maker of Ro-bust to be included in my program.

Antheia
(Login Antheia)
February 12 2009, 11:38 PM

Thank you very much for the info, meehka, I'm glad to hear that it is working well for you and that it's not messing with your cycle so far. I'm excited to give it a try; hopefully I'll have some feedback to share with everyone soon!

~Antheia

Deb from EBay
(Login forme2know)
Topicals...cream, spray etc
February 14 2009, 12:30 PM

You were wondering if using the cream would cause your cycle to be affected or if the creams and other topicals become "systemic" and get into your system...?

It is my feeling that they do not...they are absorbed locally and do there work locally. That is why it is ok to use the creams with Birth Control pills but not the PM pills. Creams are not going to act on your system in a generalized way. You can feel confident that using the cream is not going to affect your period etc. I hope that answered your question.

Deb from Ebay

www.stores.ebay.com/premium-herbal-vintage-art-pottery
The only place to by Ro-Bust Cream and the new PRemium PM Farmed Cultivar Herbal Supplement

Antheia
(Login Antheia)
Thanks, Deb!
February 14 2009, 8:15 PM

Thanks for the reply! I'm glad to hear that it works locally, because I'm not to put too much estrogen in my system right now. I actually tweaked my program a lot and removed some phytoestrogens from it. (I need to update my program page...)
I applied for the first time last night, and again this morning, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. A little does go a long way though, you were right about that!
I wanted to thank you for your store; it is apparent that you spent a lot of time to put as a good deal of information on that site, and I really appreciate it. =) Fast shipping too, you got 5 stars from me!

Thanks again, and best wishes with everything!

~Antheia

rhapsody
(no login)
February 17 2009, 10:16 PM

The spray is an example of what's called a 'transdermal drug delivery system.' The question you posed is whether the spray has topical (local) effects or systemic (global) effects. The answer, unfortunately, is both. When you apply any substance transdermally, some of the molecules will enter the blood vessels in the lower layers of the skin and will be distributed throughout the body; other molecules will diffuse around and past the blood vessels to get directly to the tissue underneath. As time passes, more and more of the molecules will end up entering a blood vessel, leading to more systemic effects. The proportion of topical to systemic effects of a transdermal preparation depends on a number of factors, such as the lipophilicity of the molecule (hydrophilic molecules enter blood quickly, whereas lipophilic ones tend to penetrate subcutaneous fat more easily), the carrier or solvents used, whether the molecule is metabolized locally or in the liver, and time. Unless the molecule gets broken down locally (i.e., in breast tissue), it will have systemic effects, and unless none of the molecule makes it past the dermal blood vessels, the local effects will be stronger than the systemic effects.

In short, a spray will have fewer side effects such as cycle disruption than pills for the same amount of bust-building power, but it will still have them. Whether or not the side effects will be weak enough to ignore can't be known without testing.

Antheia
(Login Antheia)
Thanks, rhapsody!
February 17 2009, 10:32 PM

Hello,

Thanks for your reply, it was very helpful and informative! You really know your stuff, which is so crucial to this type of forum. =) I am a bit worried of creating an even worse hormone imbalance, but like you said, I won't know until I try and see if the amount that enters my system will be enough to make things worse.

Here's hoping it'll all be well! Thanks, again, for your reply, I really appreciate it!

~Antheia

Rachelle
(Login Rachelle)
Thanks, rhapsody!
February 18 2009, 1:39 PM

Anything put through your skin will definitely enter the bloodstream. Some medicines applied this way are specifically intended to enter the bloodstream. Then there are things like nicotine patches for those trying to quit smoking, which are intended to put nicotine into circulation.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon