Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Negative side effects of using PM

NEgative Side effect of using PM capsules or the topicals....
April 15 2007 at 3:11 AM Deborah (Login forme2know)

Hello all...

I recently had an email from a customer that told me she had some negative side effects from using PM. The companies that sell these products obviously don't broadcast the negatives about their products...so I depend on customer testimonials and emails to find out what "they" don't tell you.

I would like to invite any of you that have used PM, either orally or topically to let me (us) know, here, so that we can all have the "whole story" on this mostly wonderful herbal.

Nothing is perfect and everyone is different. As I have been learning from reading this forum - what works for one, might not work for another.

The range of "possible side effects" is very important to know - especially as many women seem to come to me for information given that I sell this stuff.

I want to give appropriate/honest/truthful and helpful information and facts...not sales pitches.

I will not be so silly as to say that I don't think the PM is next to a "miricle herb" and "fountain or youth" lol...I do. But some may have bad experiences with it and I want to know what those are....as do most of you, I am sure.

The woman that had the bad experiences stated that some of her side effects happened when she increased the dose of PM up to the 800mg daily (as per St Herb and clinical trials).

She had...migraine, nausea, water retention/weight gain etc. with the higher dose. These are significant side effects. Of most concern is the migraine, of course, and I recommended she take the 14 days off and then restart at lower dose and not to increase it to the 800mg. Stay at lower dose and see what happens. I also recommended that she discontinue it if a recurrance of intolerable side effects happened again.

Side effects of the soap...I have heard a couple people complain of stinging...any rashes out there? A natural "hand made" PM soap may be in the works...this might be milder to use and more moisturizing. Have yet to work out "if" it can be done yet.

Ok. Trying to keep it real...post any similar experiences and other findings here so we all can see.

I want to know the good experiences too but I hear those all the time...Smile

Best as always,

Deborah

Fujiapple
(no login)
* * Yap, side effects...* *
April 17 2007, 10:26 PM

Hi, Deborah:

It's me!

I was starting one cap of St. herb PM Pills on 3/28/07 when was my Day 1 then 2 caps from 2nd day to 7th day, ramping to 4 caps for the next week and finished my first 15 days on 4/11/07.

I DID feel fuller and firmer however I had really terrible migraine,tiredness,nausea along w/no taste in mouth and heavy water retention @ lower body when taking the PM pills. And on 4/15/07 I found I had the 2nd period in a month!!! After emailed to Deborah, I decided to stop PM internally coz can't bear the migraine but still continue to use PM externally: cream and soap. So far so good, all my discomforts are gone!

I've been on NBE for long enough(commercial pills, single herbs, boobie food, PM serum...)and seldom had side effects like these!
Taking PM pills is just not for me...:-(

Now I feel great and even though only using PM cream and soap I receive lots of sensations!!!

Happy boobie growing

Cynthia
(Login Baste4562)
Side effects
April 19 2007, 3:54 PM

Hello all, Hi Deb,

I have been using Blossom-s soap for 3 weeks now, and at first I felt tingling and burning on my nipple area, and the skin. The next occurance was a red, itchy rash under each breast and between my breasts. I also had a red lumpy, itchy rash on my nipples. These were the bad side effects that I experienced, the good was an instant full feeling along with breast tenderness. I still feel the good effects, and I no longer feel the bad, and the reason for this is as follows:

Being as stubborn as I am, I tried moisturizing with Eucerin cream, after each use, which was twice a day, and for the next week protecting my nipples with a water-proof, diaper-rash ointment called Desitin. This worked for me, and gave me the comfort needed to get through my work day.

I also cut back from using the soap twice a day to once a day, and started using the Nano Breast Enhancement Serum by St Herb twice a day. The rash is going away due to what I believe is the Eucerin cream's soothing/healing effect on my skin, or perhaps I'm becoming accustomed to the products. The burning and itching has also gone away, I do still feel very tender inside, and I'm not sure whether it is the products or the estrogen I'm taking. I tend to believe it's the soap and serum. Anyway, I'm hoping it is. :o)

In any case, I'm not trying to push any products or sell anything my only intention is to make you aware of the side effects I experienced, and how I handled them with the products that I'm familiar with.

I do hope this helps those of you who are experiencing some of the uncomfortable side effects from the topical products. I do not take PM orally as I already take estrodiol, and do not want to encourage any negative health issues for myself... My choice after careful research on my behalf.

Good Luck, and good health to all.

Cynthia :o)

Lillea
(Login Lillea)
Re: NEgative Side effect of using PM capsules or the topicals....
April 19 2007, 8:49 PM

Hi Cynthia,

How interesting about the rash between and under your breasts from Blossom-S. That is what happened to me! So itchy! I ordered the nano serum that you're using (I'm waiting for that) and had planned to do what you're doing (soap once a day, cream 1-2 times a day). I plan to take a low dose of the St. Herb pills, too. Just 1 capsule.

I have wondered what to do to protect my nipples from absorbing PM cream/Blossom-s because my nipples seem to have lightened a bit. I now wipe the soap off with water. I often leave the soap residue on over night to absorb better and am applying low heat (heating pan) to my breasts at night after soaping up.

Any more tips/suggestions from anyone?

Cynthia
(Login Baste4562)
Soap and nano serum
April 26 2007, 3:44 PM

Hi Lillea,

Haven't been in for a while, but I wanted to ask how you were doing with the rash? Mine has somewhat gone, and the redness isn't so mean looking anymore, but between my breasts is still a little sensitive. I've been putting hydrocortisone cream on,(OTC strength)and maybe that will help. I have to say the Eucerine did a great deal on my nipples to help too, I use that every day. Today I used baby powder in between to see if that makes any difference. Maybe being squished together in a bra isn't helping either.lol I'm not really concerned with nipple color, no one really notices that, even my husband wouldn't notice if my nipples are a shade lighter. lol He's not that observant, thank God... lol

I am so aprehensive regarding the pills, but let me know how you do with a low dose. I also take estrodiol and I really don't need anymore health issues, so I'll stay away from the internal stuff for now. I do hope the serum and the soap help. At my age a little fullness, and perking up would do me a world of good. lol

Good luck.

Cynthia

Lillea
(Login Lillea)
April 27 2007, 6:35 AM

Hi Cynthia,

My rash is fading, but it's still there. The one below my left breast seems to now have a welt on it, which itches.

I tend to have low estridiol, so I'm hoping that PM will help with that. I'm still waiting for my nano serum and pills.

I'll let you know how things go for me. Smile Let me know how things go for you.

Lillea

Myjourney
(Login Myjourney)
rash?
April 28 2007, 3:50 PM

A rash usually signifies an allergic reaction to some ingredient (not necessarily the PM) especially if it responds to Hydroc. cream. do either of you have this response to other soaps? My skin is pretty sensitive...to different perfumes and stuff, but I didn't get a rash from this soap. I wonder if the maker would offer a fragrance free type...(although it smells soooo good)...

Lillea
(Login Lillea)
April 28 2007, 7:36 PM

Hi Myjourney

Normally I'm quite sensitive to soap, and tried this because people don't seem to get as irritated by Blossom-S as I would have thought. I find it odd, though, that the rest of my breast skin didn't get a rash. It will be good when I get my St. Herb PM serum and capsules so I won't have to rely soley on the soap.

Fragrance free would be good if that's the problem.

Cynthia
(Login Baste4562)
Rash!
April 30 2007, 4:45 PM

Hi Lillea,
My rash is fading as well, it took some time, and I did use the Hydrocortisone cream along with Eucerine cream. I generally have tough skin and can use just about anything on it. It surprises me that I broke out like this. Persistence pays! It seems to be fading, and it no longer bothers me to use the soap. I probably had to work up some immunity/resistance to what ever ingrediate was making me break out like that. I also used powder under and between my boobs. That also helped. I use the soap on my chin, with the acne I thought a little drying would be good, and I never broke out there, I also found it to be soothing on my chin. Go figure. lol

I think you're right, Myjourney, it has to be some sort of alergic reaction to something, but what? For me, it seems I've become accustomed to whatever ingrediant started to bother me, and I no longer have any reaction at all. I also only use the soap once a day and the serum twice a day. I found the serum to have no effect at all as far as being harsh. Once the rash is completely gone I plan on using the soap again twice a day. I'll keep you posted and I hope you can do the same.

Lillea, as far as the welt, could it be that your bra is instigating that spot? Try the Eucerine on that or even the desitin ointment before using the soap/shower, and if you can, avoid using the soap on that one spot for a few days. Not that I'm a pro at this, but I know that worked for me, hopefully it'll help you too. :o) When my nipples broke out with little red spots and itched me to death... lol I used the Desitin on them in the shower, they stayed protected, and the rash disappeared on them. I figured if it was waterproof or pee proof for babies, it can't hurt using it in the shower to protect the girls. lol Good luck, and please keep me posted.

Cynthia :o)

joyC
(Login joyc)
May 1 2007, 7:51 AM

I started PMSing and spotting on and off starting Day 20ish from my first St herb pill and then I forgot that you were supposed to start your 15 day cycle again even if you period isn't here yet~ I've never spotted before~ so you can imagien how bad it was~ waiting for you super late period, PMS PMS PMS and duno when you'll spot out of nowhere for 3frickin wks! Finally I rememebered to start my 15 cycle like 2 wks later than my period was supposed to come~ but my period did come the 2nd say I when I ate the pills again~ so it sorta made my last cycle 6 wk long~ and then there comes the period from HELL! I didn't have any crazy cramps but the flow was so heavy that it was practially like peeing non stop~ and I was almost passin out all the time those few days cause I ws bleeding so much...... I felt like I was dying from all that blood gone~ I dun mean dying like dying but i really fell myself droppin to nth on that energy bar~ it was truly horrifying~

so girls~ REMEMBER the 15 Day cycle!

Lillea
(Login Lillea)
May 2 2007, 10:01 PM

Hi Cynthia!

I don't wear a bra very often anymore, so it wouldn't be from that. Your lotion/cream ideas sound great. My rash is a bit worse today, but maybe because I messed around and massaged with fennel last night which irritated my skin more for some reason (it didn't used to). I just got impatient about not having my PM serum and pills yet and fennel was doing something for me before. But it's best to not combine things I guess!

Cynthia
(Login Baste4562)
Bra
May 4 2007, 3:27 PM

Hi Lillea,

I guess I'm really careful about what I use on certain parts of my body. I've had too many irritating experiences, and I have tough skin, to try just anything on sensitive areas like the boob area. lol I'm not sure how old you are, I thought you mentioned 40"s, but being 49 and soon turing 50, I'm fighting this age thing tooth and nail all the way. When I read how age, as a natural process makes a woman's lips thin, skin fade and wrinkle, and boobs droop, man, I think I invested in every type of hoist for my boobs that I could, not to mention skin creams, lip plumpers, and so on and so forth. lol I even slept with a sports bra on so they wouldn't sag any more than they already have from breast feeding and time. Leave it to me... lol I also have to confess, I always wear a bra. I love that a bra can do so much for a woman's appearance, and she can alter how she looks with some of the bras that are made today. If I have to wear one, then I might as well have fun doing it. lol

If there is a way, I'll find it. lol Another thing I noticed with the Nano serum is that I didn't feel anything any different. I did feel more when I used the soap, but I don't feel anything with the serum. Now whether it's working or not remains to be seen. If I could give you any advice aside from trying to be very consistant, I would tell you to protect the area that is inflammed with a protective cream, and don't let up until you see some improvement. I have now worked up enough resistance to the soap that I no longer feel any skin irritation at all. I still use the eucerine cream on my nipples and ocassionally in between, but for the most part, my hatrid of pain lead me to constant purseverance as far as comfort for my nipples and the rash that just would not let up. As a result I am pretty sure I've beaten this rash thing, and I don't expect any more bad irritations.

I know it can be so depressing when you try something and it doesn't exactly work as expected, but hang in there, I think that with constant care and protection, your skin will clear up and you'll be able to use the soap with little to no irritation. If it were me, I'd use the Desitin to coat before I used the soap, and then the eucerine after to sooth and make it heal faster. I even used hydro cortisone and that helped to ease the itch and redness too. I carried it to work with me and applied it several times a day for a couple of days.

I hope this helps you. I really do wish you the best, and please let me know how you are doing with this rash thing... If I stumble upon any other useful products I will certainly let you know.

Talk to you soon

Cynthia

Lillea
(Login Lillea)
May 5 2007, 1:57 AM

Hi Cynthia,

Thank you so much for your help. That is fantastic information. I'm 36. Lately I have been using Blossom-s during my morning shower, then massaging with fennel extract and aloe vera gel (Lily of the Desert brand, with is organic and only has carageenan and one preservative) at night with some of the techniques used in Grow Yours (combined with some of Tiger Lilys techniques). I'm fuller, and the rash is almost gone! Maybe the aloe is helping. Protecting my nipples is a great idea once I get the Nano serum (wow, I wonder if I'll respond to it or not!).

It is funny how my body seems to be more okay with the soap now!

You've tried so many things. I really appreciate what you're sharing. I know very little about good skin creams. I'll look for the ones you mentioned at the pharmacy.

I stopped wearing a bra about 1.5 years ago, but maybe I should start again. I used to wear one to bed!

Thanks again!

Lillea

PM-side effects?
December 20 2006 at 2:00 AM hopelessfull (no login)

Hi everyone,

I have had good success with mirifem, building nicely, however when I first took the pill, the 2nd and 3rd nites I got sweaty, speeding heart, and couldn't sleep. My breasts did get firmer, but I was afraid of further health problems so I stopped. I think 100 mg capsules?

To rule out the additional ingredients in the pill, I used the bust up gum, and the 2nd night couldn't get to sleep, these contained 55 mg of PM each, had 4 each day. Stopped 2nd night because had to rest for a long day the day after next. I do admit to having 1/2 chocolate muffin the 2nd night, but I don't think that would have caused it. What do you think?

What can I do for safety reasons and still get what I want?

mrsu
(no login)
Re: is pm causing nosebleeds
September 7 2007, 8:23 PM

hi everyone,
hope your all growing

i have noticed not being able to sleep too, but also that since taking pm ive been getting nose bleeds is anyone else experiencing this?

Claire
(no login)
September 8 2007, 12:29 AM

Maybe it thins the blood which can lead to bleeding. I heard PM thins the blood, but so does a lot of herbs.

Evelyn
(no login)
September 9 2007, 8:08 PM

I've not seen any side effects with PM except weight gain - even though PM companies tell you there won't be any weight gain.

To Deborah?EverybodyTongueM causing acne?
June 27 2007 at 12:25 PM Susie (no login)

Hi everybody!
I've been reading this forum for two months now after I was so dissapointed by doing the Flat2Fab program!Then I started PM pills and cream from St Herb(and massage) and my little breasts(34A)started to grow!But then I got the worst case of acne on my face...I usually have a few pimples around my period,but this time it was really bad.When I finished the 15 day-4 pills a day routine,I got my period WAY too early,a week and a half!(I'm not on birthcontrol,I'm 33 and don't have kids)I started a cleasing program(including milk thistle)and my acne is clearing up really well,but I think that's due to stopping the PM pills.But my boobs are gone too.....boohoo...ther'e the same size as before.So my question is:If I start the PM pills again,do you think my body just needs time to get used to PM and the acne will eventually not come back?And my second question:Now my period has arrived,I should start the PM pills again but that would be 15 days on,5 days off...and that doenst seem healthy to me?I figured I wait a month and start with my next period?What do you guys think?I appreciate everybody's advice!Thanks!
Susie

Deborah
(Login forme2know)
ACNE, IRREGULAR PERIODS ETC
June 27 2007, 6:28 PM

The acne....you know I have not had anyone specifically complain to me about this side effect. But read the forum...that will tell you if others have incidentally had the same thing happen. If you find that you come across it several times I would say that chances are it might be the PM. Some women find it improves their skin...hair and nails. It does depend on your age and the existing hormone status that you start with I suspect.

The irregular periods DO happen pretty often. I hear this from customers frequently. The best way to use the St Herb type pills (on and off), to minimize this effect is to allow about 3 cycles to pass before giving up. Your periods should even out again.

So, take the pills for 15 days....then stop for the next 15 days. Regardless of your flow, wait those 15 days before you start again. Even if you get an early period. Then restart the pills at 15 days....regardless of your menstruation.

If you do this your body (hopefully) will "reset" itself. The idea of course is to regualte the occurance of your period with the on and off cycle of the pills.

But it doesn't seem to happen the first month for many women. Early and "wetter" periods is a common complaint.

So no...don't restart the pills if you just stopped them 5 days ago. Wait the full 15 days and then restart. Even if your period is happening then!!! Start the pills like clockwork...and remember, when initiating the course, the first day of actual bleeding is the first day of your period and that is the day you start...NOT the first day after you stop menstruating. Some women have gotten that mixed up.

I sometimes recomment lower doses for those with menstrual problems (1 capsule 2 times a day) to help to gradually tease your body to accomodate the changes...

I personally do not think everyone needs 4 capsules a day. My friend at American PhytoLabs (the Blossom-s guy) says that too much PM is going to cause lots fo problems for women. Especially young overyly anxious women that are in a big hurry to grow. MORE IS NOT BETTER. Too much will just make the course unpleasant any you will end up "tossing the baby out with the bath water" ;-)

Remember...this is pretty potent stuff. At least if you are using a brand you know to made from the "selected species....cultivated variety" plants etc etc" . These plants are cross bred and then nurtured, fed, pampered and left to grow for 5 years or more...causing high levels of the acitive to accumulate in the tubers.

Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to treat, cure, prevent any disease or condition. (Gotta be careful!)

Hope this helps.

DEBS

Regularity?
August 25 2007 at 2:46 AM
KittyCharlette (Login KittyCharlette)

This is kind of a weird/gross question, but I was wondering if anyone has noticed any "regularity" in their um, bowel movements since being on PM? I've always been like everyother day but its like everyday, sometimes more than once. I don't know if its the PM but I haven't changed anything else in my diet. but so anyway, let me know if you noticed this too?

i know the PM is doing something though. no boobage or tingles yet, but definatly a change in skin and im not as fatigued. I also seem to be keeping off weight better. i think i might continue PM even if it doesnt grow boobies for me.

Lost Sheep
(Login MissFartyPants)
Re: Regularity?
August 27 2007, 8:16 PM

Hi there! Interesting!

Hmmm I'm going to observe my ummm bowel schedule.. but I'm glad you mentioned this because I thought I was just imagining it. I lost 6 pounds 'coz I have been depressed and stressed out. I wanted to gain it back so I've been eating unhealthy foods lately, and midnight snacks too. I used to have this muffin thing going on - lol... extra hips! But it's not as bad as it used to be even after putting some weight again.... very interesting!

Oh, I don't have nasty PMS or cramps anymore either, I think it moved to my legs!

Keep us posted on your progress.

KittyCharlette
(Login KittyCharlette)
hey MFP!
August 27 2007, 8:39 PM

i just saw your post on symptoms and posted there about diarrhea. did deb ever get back to you on that?

KittyCharlette
(no login)
August 30 2007, 9:47 PM

i still have the diarrhea. i dont know what that is all about. i had hoped it was just a temporary side effect?

Lost Sheep
(Login MissFartyPants)
September 4 2007, 9:19 AM

Since you still have diarrhea..... I think this link make sense... again, I'm no expert, but I suggest you read this article and do some more research of your own:

http://getbustupgum.com/pueraria-mirifica.html

".... There is some evidence to suggest that at higher doses (800mg per day) more women experience better breast enlargement results. However, because Pueraria Mirifica stimulates the bowels, higher doses can cause diarrhea (not always, it's just a possible side effect). If you experience this side effect, reduce the amount of Pueraria Mirifica you are taking. When it comes to herbal products, more is not necessarily better."

KittyCharlette
(no login)
September 4 2007, 6:52 PM

thank you for the info! since i stopped taking progesterone cream the diarrhea has stopped. at least for now. im not sure if it was the cream or PM. too soon to tell i guess

Side effects with PM?
November 26 2007 at 4:40 PM Katie (Login katiep2804)

Hi, just wondering if anyone has expereienced any side effects with the pills? I am new to this and I am waiting until my period arrives to take the pills. Just wanna know if there have been any side effects that are common amoungst you all?

shortcake
(Login shortcake83)
Re: Side effects with PM?
November 27 2007, 12:52 AM

With both FP and St. herb I experienced bad headaches for a couple/few days after my period would end.

With FP I would get a little nauseated for a few/several days after my period would end, similar to how I felt while on bcp. I also experienced constipation during the last half of my cycle with it. And my periods were much heavier, sometimes with worse cramping, but were a little shorter. My cycle was also longer, going from about 23-24 days to 30 days but stayed regulated at 30 so I was kinda happy with that.

I think those are fairly common side-effects with this stuff (amongst those who experience any at all), especially the headaches it seems.

Cattis
(Login cattiscattis)
November 29 2007, 11:02 AM

I can not sleep, have been on Full Potential for a month and a halv. It is
really horrible. I have to take a break and see if it is really the pills. But
I have never had problems sleeping before.

Woolly Sheep
(no login)
November 30 2007, 12:12 AM

Cattis it is due to your body getting used to the phytoestrogens.

If the problems are really bad, you can also try reducing daily dosage from 2 caplets to 1 caplet for the first 1-2 months of usage.

katie
(Login katiep2804)
trouble sleeping
November 30 2007, 3:30 PM

Hi, I'v not started the pills yet, still waiting for period, but i've had trouble sleeping in the past due to anxiety or stress etc. I have a few tips that might help you get to sleep, just due to personal expereince in the past. (Not sure if it'll help if it's a physical problem of getting used to the pills but worth a try at least, and i agree about reducing the dosage if its the pills that are causing it...i'm certainly no expert though).

TIPS FOR A RESTFUL NIGHT SLEEP

1) Hot milky drink before bed
2) Try and go to bed about the same time every night
3) Try not to use your bed for anything other than sleeping (not eating or watching telly)
4) Have a bath to relax the body
5) Cut down on caffein
6) Try relaxation techniques before you sleep
7) Hypnosis before sleeping is great, (I recommend Glenn Harrold CD's, can get them on amazon) there is a deep sleep one which is great)

Hope you manage to get to sleep properly soon and that my tips might be a bit useful to you(and others) I hate having a ba nights sleep too.

Katie Smile

Cattis
(no login)
November 30 2007, 6:02 PM

Thank you so much for info. and tip. I will try and cut down
the pill intake and see if it is getting better, thanks again!

Louise
(no login)
November 30 2007, 8:47 PM

RE: Sleeping.

I work out, about 10 mins cardio if I can be bothered then 15-30 mins stretching and toning exercises. Never feel like doing it but ok once you get started and it's pretty easy going so can do it even if I already ate. Then a nice hot shower, comfy pjs and listen to Andrew Dobson's breast growth hypnosis - google Mindfit, they're pretty cheap to download mp3. He has a nice relaxing Australian accent and it knocks me right out. I've listened 1-2x daily since August and only finished the full 17 minutes a handful of times. Sleeping through it makes it less effective apparently but makes me sleep and makes me feel positive, relaxed, confident - great, all day everyday! And we all lived happily ever after....

Woolly Sheep
(no login)
Add some progesterone cream
January 19 2008, 10:47 PM

Add some progesterone cream at night to sleep

Deb from Ebay
(Login forme2know)
Good suggestion!
January 28 2008, 2:57 AM

Wooly Sheep...good idea with the Progesterone cream at night. Makes perfect sense and is a really good idea. There is also "melatonin". Follow the label instructions. And is worse come to worse....try taking a Benedryl over the counter antihistamine...that ususally will make you drowsy and it is used in plenty of over the counter sleep aids that sell for more. It is just plain old generic Benedryl. Very Cheap

PM and acne and depression
October 14 2009 at 2:25 PM snoochii (Login snoochii)

Hello,

This is my first post to the site, although I've visited regularly over the past couple of years and almost daily since starting PM 5 months ago. I've been on Bella's regimen the whole time, following her instructions to the letter, and have been pretty happy with the results so far. I never measured, but have kept track of growth through photos and have gained about a cup size since starting. My breasts are rounder and fuller and have a much nicer shape (though are still really small!). So that's going good.

But the depression and acne are killing me! Can I ask if anyone else on PM (especially high doses like what Bella recommends) have experienced the same? I have done searches and seen several posts describing anxiety and depression - so I do understand there's a connection... but the acne? I thought PM was supposed to clear our skin up?!

I'm inclined to both conditions normally - I've had depression since my teens (not on medication, in therapy or anything, just dealt with it internally) and I've had adult (comedonal) acne for the past 7 years or so. And both conditions get really bad in winter, which happens to coincide with the time I started PM.

So I can't be sure if I'm just experiencing my natural depression/acne cycle (which will hopefully peter out soon!?) and forgotten how bad it always gets (because it's so hard to remember pain accurately, right?) or if my PM regimen is serving to drastically amplify and extend these normal tendencies...

I suppose... I already know the answer... of course PM is somehow influencing my hormonal balance, it would have to in order to develop my breasts... and the constant horrible acne around my jawline and chin (which I didn't have previously) would further attest to this...

I don't know, I guess I'm just interested to hear if anyone else is experiencing similar side effects of high PM doses, or any other side effects for that matter. If I could feel sure that my exaggerated symptoms were due to the PM, I'd feel a whole lot better.

I did read Jane's comments with interest and attention, but since Bella's method has been working for me, I'm hesitant to change things. And if I can attribute the extra horrible feelings and acne to the PM, I can deal with it as long as my breasts keep growing!

Thanks for getting through my post, any comments are most appreciated.

happy2try
(Login happy2try)
Re: PM and acne and depression
October 14 2009, 3:37 PM

I'm on my second cycle of using PM, and I've been wondering the same things as you. It's nice to know I'm not the only one. What's really bothering me is the breakout(s) on my chin. ARGH!

The PM I purchased is from the Best Deal Thai Goods on eBay, although I wish I would have just gone with Bella's to begin with. However, I started out doing the 1,000 mg (?) of PM on the 15 day on/off pattern. This second time around I backed down to just 500 mg a day. I've also added in Blossom-S soap and Robust cream while massaging. I forgot to take the PM for two days, and OMG did I ever have a horrible day with a mighty outrage/outburst. It was AWFUL. My husband even asked what was wrong. Told him it might actually be because I forgot to take the PM.

I have also dealt with mild depression issues since being a teenager, so the PM must be doing something as I had not felt that bad at all before for the last two months.

I was also using the Blossom-S soap on my face because, like you, I thought PM was supposed to help the skin. I think it's making my chin breakout worse. Darn it!

Once I get enough in my Paypal account I'm going to purchase a combo package from Bella. I haven't seen any noticeable results with what I'm doing, even though it's only been two months.

And again, thanks for starting this topic because it sounds like we've got similar situations.

Tiran1
(Login Tiran1)
snoochii
October 14 2009, 4:55 PM

Hi snoochii,

you could try St John Worth for depression..i know that in Germany they already prescribe it instead of traditional antidepressants, and in UK they are thinking to do the same...I am sure you will find a lot of information on internet, i know that you need to take it for 6 month for it to work properly and it will not have any side effects or cause addiction.

sara
(no login)
October 15 2009, 1:53 AM

Your taking too much PM...........The only people that recommend this quantity are the silly people selling it.

200 mg/ day 15 days a month............more than thay your asking for it. Anything else you don't understand?

snoochii
(Login snoochii)
October 18 2009, 3:02 AM

happy2try: Many thanks for responding and sharing your experiences. It does help to know that our experiences aren't singular. I hope everything is going well for you.

Tiran1: Thank you for the recommendation of St John's Wort, I'm definitely going to look into this.

Sara: Thanks also for your comments. After reading Jane's threads I did lower my daily dose to 600mg from the recommended 900mg for the remaining days of my cycle. Because my capsules are 300mg, it's the lowest dose I can take, and I think I'll downgrade again to one cap/day next cycle and see how that goes.

Thanks guys

blue_sardine
(no login)
Hey snoochi
October 26 2009, 3:16 PM

I had the same problems with the 900mg dose of Bella's PM! I got chin and forehead acne, became scarily depressive, and was often nauseous and dizzy. Those symptoms started around the end of the first month, and were unbearable by the end of the third month.

I'm now nearing the end of my fourth month, and I've changed my routine. I'm now only taking about 250mg of PM internally for 10 days (I take it before bed), and massaging with topicals every night. I'm putting a fair bit of effort into the massage (about 10 minutes, but quite intense - I make sure I really warm up my breasts and do a combo of friction-stuff on the skin and pressure-based movements to massage the insides a little [never toooo hard, don't want to damage anything!], and though my progress is very slow (I'm one of those poor girls with, like, AAA cup breasts, and we take the longest to grow. How unfair is that?!), I've seen better results this month than I have before.

I'm not moody or nauseous anymore, and the acne has cleared up. My breasts have been tender, and I can feel the mammary structures inside them are swelling and a bit sore. I think it's the massage that is making the most difference. I'm going to keep doing it like this for at least the next 3 months and see if it works. I'm hopeful so far.

snoochii
(Login snoochii)
October 28 2009, 2:26 AM

blue_sardine, thank you so much for your reply, I really appreciate it!

I'm much more convinced that my increased acne and depression are linked to the higher PM doses... and although I've read a lot of supposition (and some rather nasty comments) about the link of these tendencies, high doses and the girls that use them——it is so much more instructive to hear real experiences from women who've tried higher doses, than to be told you're stupid by women who never have (and who clearly think a lot of themselves).

So thank you!

I'm also big on the massage and do it every night 10-20 minutes. Palm rotations, knuckle rotations, grabbing slaps and squeezes (staring outwards and into the nipple). I definitely think it's key to maximising growth.

blue_sardine, I'm really glad to hear you've continued to grow (or grown even more) after dropping your dose so considerably. I guess that's why I was so hesitant to switch up my doses, because I've had good growth on Bella's 900mg/day. But if the mammogenic effects are as strong or stronger on lower doses, then I'm more than willingly to drop. : )

Jamie cross
(no login)
isoflavones
September 5 2012, 7:16 PM

Sorry, I know I'm messaging on a extremely old topic but I just wanted to comment on wheat I think might be the reason for your breakouts on high PM. I read on live strong that PM is apart of the isoflavones plant group. You have probably heard soys beneficial isoflavones. How many of you also heard to avoid soy because of its potential in causing acne breakouts? I know I have. Now I'm not going to bet my money on this or anything.... But I dont know it kinda makes since to me. I really want to take PM for my acne but now maybe I shouldn't. Dang I was excited to Use PM to increase my estrogen. Though I would love boob growth. My acne comes first......

Misha
(Login Misha)
October 2 2012, 12:26 PM

I wouldn't say depression by any means, but I've been very moody since I've been on PM. There's a post somewhere by mummabear where she also talks about being moody on PM.

gross side effects with pm usings bellas new product
October 23 2008 at 7:32 AM autumn (Login auttie14)

wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing this or any other side effects. I started using bellas pm exactly 7 days ago and have had a continual runny discharge that has a slight smell and won't stop coming it almost feels like I'm peeing my pants at times, it also looks clear but then when there is lot on the panty liner it has a sought red tinge color to it. I have never had any issue like this before. I have to wear a panti liner. Also my bowels at first were effected by pm like a laxative. And I am having cramps every now and then like period. Sorry for graphic info but that's what this forum is about. Does anyone else have anything like this or other side effects. Glad I only have to take this for 2 weeks at a time. Also does anyone think you could just use the powder and dump it in lotion be it would be the same? I think that's what greenbush did

Mumma Bear
(no login)
Re: gross side effects with pm usings bellas new product
October 23 2008, 10:30 AM

Hi there Autumn,

Hope you're OK.

I'd say the extra estrogen's just increasing the fertile mucus you get at this stage in your cycle anyway and is a good sign. A bit of spotting seems worrisome but is not actually a big deal in itself - it's called breakthrough bleeding and is just a sign that your hormones are adjusting to something.

PM does have a laxative effect and I'm pretty sure it's dose-dependent too, so perhaps you could ramp down a little if this continues to be a prob.

It sounds like you're quite sensitive to it, so go easy and see what dose you can stand, then ramp up slowly perhaps?

I've had a little of the intestinal-type effects - not too bad.

The worse symptom has been headaches, but I can handle that. At least it is having a strong estrogenic effect - the headaches make sense at least.

I was also thinking about making the dust into a lotion - from the expense angle, I'm pretty sure it would work out cheaper to do it this way, given that the amounts in the topical products of Bella's are so far off the mark. I would also take it internally too though.

dandelion
(Login dandelion1)
October 23 2008, 10:52 PM

i haven't been getting similar symptoms, but i hope this means my body is still reacting!

genalee
(no login)
December 12 2008, 4:27 AM

some guys find alot of juice down there to be hot, so dont get to turned off by the side affect.

acat
(Login acat)
December 12 2008, 11:04 AM

After personally taking this PM for three months to regulate hormonal imbalance I have gone from a size 0/1 jean's size to a 3. My food intake or activity level has not changed and I am taking no other supplements other than vitamins. The weight gain has been primarily in the chest, tummy, rear and thighs, and is substantial in terms of inches. Most companies marketing PM claim there is no weight gain, which is false. Additionally, many reviewing PM do so within very short periods of use, and will likely be reviewing before seeing the actual results of longer term use. Something to consider. I am very vain about weight/size, so for me it's not worth the weight gain just to have a bigger chest. I can do that without any supplementation =)

katie
(Login katiep2804)
December 18 2008, 2:16 AM

what time of the month is it for you? I once experienced mid month spotting and when i asked the doctor about it they said it was quite normal, is caused by the egg being released. Maybe if you are having sore tummies as well it might be worth coming off PM until you know for sure or speaking to your doctor about it? Just suggestion.

St Herb - HELP! HEART RATE UP, sweating, and unable to sleep
December 30 2007 at 4:59 PM Help! (no login)

Hi all, I bought the PM cream on Ebay and have used it a few days. I have been up at night, unable to sleep, and having hot flashes, and my heart rate has increased noticeably today. I thought maybe it was a coincidence, too much caffiene, etc but it is definitely related to using the cream. I was fine this morning until applying the cream after a hot shower. About 15-30 minutes later I started sweating again and felt light headed. My heart rate is up 40 bpm.

I washed off the cream residue and added additional progesterone.

I re-read the huge page for the product (hoodia seller) and there is nothing warning about using this product in addition to estrogen replacement therapy. I saw another post about her heart racing. I'm thinking this is not safe and wondering why there is nothing on the page about it...

Any help is greatly appreciated - thanks!

PS Does anyone know how long it takes for this stuff to get out of your system?

gokhil
(no login)
Re: St Herb - HELP! HEART RATE UP, sweating, and unable to sleep
January 9 2008, 6:42 PM

In answer to your last point, 2 weeks is a pretty sure thing - it should all be gone by then.

NBE
(no login)
Re: St Herb - HELP! HEART RATE UP, sweating, and unable to sleep
January 10 2008, 1:03 AM

If it were the pills i will of told you lower your dosage.. but since it is the cream you should consult your doctor.

Deb from Ebay
(Login forme2know)
PM + HRT.....
January 28 2008, 2:53 AM

I don't think you want to take PM PLUS Estrogen Replacement Treatments. Just like the contraindication for taking it with the combination estrogen/progestin BCP, it is not a good idea or for that matter, logical.

Hmmm
(no login)
You cannot use just the cream w/OBC or HRT?
February 9 2008, 1:49 AM

That last post made me wonder - you cannot use just the cream w/OBC or HRT? Because I was considering it and now am rethinking that decision.

How much of the cream is absorbed into the bloodstream? Does it interfere with BC pills or HRT (hormone replacement)?

Thanks!

Hmmm
(no login)
You cannot use just the cream w/OBC or HRT?
February 9 2008, 11:15 PM

The cream is generally absorbed into the bloodstream. This is something that many women don't seem to realise.

im DONE!
November 27 2007 at 9:35 PM
KittyC (Login KittyCharlette)

Ok so ive been taking 500mg 2X a day (no breaks, Ainterol's instructions) for 3 months and one week. The past 1-2 weeks ive been getting sporadic really really painful deep chest pains, and i don't mean in my boobs. i have only had 1 period in 3 months and thats only because i stopped taking them until it started. anyway, these pains really scare me. i only get them when i lie on my back before bed, or rolling over onto my back in the morning. they last for about 30 seconds to 1 minute and its scary. this morning i woke up like that and was sweating bullets. its late in the afternoon and it still hurts a little like it does right before it hits. PM is the only thing im taking other than vitamins and spirunlina. i dont know if its the PM causing this, but im not taking any risks. my boobs havent changed anyway and i dont think its going to work.

so ill be taking a cleanser for about a month and think about trying herbs AGAIN. im so tired of all this. i just want boobs demmit!

(.Y.)

paytience
(Login itsPaytience)
Re: im DONE!
November 28 2007, 2:23 AM

girllll i sooooo feelll you on that....ive tried Full potential for almost 3 months and nothing i did natureday and nothing i wantt to try BO but im thinking nothing....im really considering magnet therapy but I want to understand more of it first....but just wanted to let u know your not alone...good luck with your next step and let me know what you doing. and ill do the same....hope we get some luck!

flowerslove
(login flowerslove)
Im Done
November 28 2007, 5:35 AM

Hi Kitty

I am sad to hear that your boobs did not increase in size even you have tried for 3 mths of Ainterol PM. I was hoping to hear good news from you because I have bought the same product as you and start on 21 Oct 2007 but stop about 2 weeks later after used because my menses did not come. Quite scared because also got constipation after taking the PM. stomach always feel full (of ****??)

After stopping the PM, my constipation problems gone - I think....

I hope someone out there really got good results after taking PM and tell us the brand so that we can try that too.

If you do change your mind and do continue with Ainterol PM. Pls keep us update. Ok. Tks and best regards

KittyC
(Login KittyCharlette)
Re: im DONE!
November 28 2007, 8:05 PM

paytience,

ill be doing a shorter cleanse than i planned as im using some kind of an ultimate cleanser that cleans liver, kidneys, colon, lymph system and blood. maybe a week or so, then ill be taking Natureday. ive used it once before and i think i noticed a difference with it, it just didnt stay. ill stick with it longer this time. maybe if i see some results, ill go back to PM again and CYCLE, even if they say you dont have to. its only been a day and a half without PM and my boobs are waaaaaaaay sore.

Christine
(Login christinex)
Ainterol - oh dear!
January 8 2008, 4:16 AM

I'm really hoping I've not made the wrong decision here in purchasing Ainterol's PM. Just received 6 months supply and thought I'd researched it well before making the decision to buy, although admittedly I did come across one similar case to yours. I had thought it was a one-off.

Christine

I NEED HELP! (CLOSE TO TEARS)
May 28 2008 at 5:32 AM Comfy (Login comfy_chan)

*sighs* So, I was using Blossom-S soap for a while, but then I kept getting heavy spotting and bad swelling in my left knee (also headaches etc) so I switched to the Full Potential cream and those symptoms are gone, but I also lost like 1/4 inch of my growth. I know I can't use anything as strong as the Blossom S, but I also don't want to take pills. The cream is good, but not strong enough. Should I just give it more time? *cries*

lily
(no login)
Re: I NEED HELP! (CLOSE TO TEARS)
May 29 2008, 12:41 AM

hey comfy, how long have you been using the soap? and how much did you grow? seems like the soap is too strong for you(while it does nothing to me-.-) do you massage with it and leave it on for too long? if so you can try to reduce the time or maybe use it 3X per week. and if you still have heavy spotting then use sth else. im on FP cream 2, nothing happened. im going to try st herb cream. good luck=)

Kekie
(Login Kekie)
Comfy
May 29 2008, 1:01 AM

Maybe you just need to use the FP cream to let your body adjust to the PM product and then after a little while try the soap a couple times a week to see if it afects your periods again. I know when I started using the soap I had a period 14 days apart, it came early and stayed longer...I chalked it up to my body adjusting to the PM product. This period came 22 days later and I don't know how long it will stay...so I am having 2 periods a month basically. I am going to give it a couple of cycles to see if it is just my body adjusting. Wish I had a 1/2 inch growth freom the soap. Don't be discouraged listen to your body and make some adjustments, but continue the NBE. I am post lactating and very limited in what I can do and use, but here I am tring to grow boobs in spite of my situation.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon