Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Hi, so I have a question about saliva hormone tests.

Hello Smile I've been meaning to get this saliva hormone test for a long time but had to see the doctor for other reasons which set it back for a while. She gave me a saliva test kit but it only includes one tube tested at the start of the cycle. My question is would this still be an accurate test for NBE or should I ask her for something else? Thank you for any clarification.

Hi Rose! In my humble opinion, a 'cycling' hormone saliva test would be even more valuable (not only from an NBE standpoint, but also for your general hormone balance and health).. that is, I assume you are still the age to be having a cycle every month. A test similar to this one http://www.diagnostechs.com/Pages/Female...Panel.aspx might give you a much broader perspective about your levels throughout the month, since as females our hormones tend to go all over the place and one day/sample isn't necessarily an accurate picture. I've done this test in the past and it really does tell a lot about subtle fluctuations and/or imbalances. I know this might be a bit more pricey than the test your doctor suggested but more info would be a help to you and your NBE goals. Just my opinion of course.. Ultimately, choose the test that you feel is best!

(21-06-2016, 09:11 PM)NaturalLady31 Wrote:  Hi Rose! In my humble opinion, a 'cycling' hormone saliva test would be even more valuable (not only from an NBE standpoint, but also for your general hormone balance and health).. that is, I assume you are still the age to be having a cycle every month. A test similar to this one http://www.diagnostechs.com/Pages/Female...Panel.aspx might give you a much broader perspective about your levels throughout the month, since as females our hormones tend to go all over the place and one day/sample isn't necessarily an accurate picture. I've done this test in the past and it really does tell a lot about subtle fluctuations and/or imbalances. I know this might be a bit more pricey than the test your doctor suggested but more info would be a help to you and your NBE goals. Just my opinion of course.. Ultimately, choose the test that you feel is best!

Thank you so much for the advice, I'll ask her about this. I figured it would make sense to have a test kit with more than one tube for accurate results.

You're welcome, Rose. Best wishes for success on your NBE journey! Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon