Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Food post, nothing to do with breasts

Just so you know, I live in the US and am a displaced northerner. A Yankee, if you will. I now have lived in the south, Alabama for the
better part of my life. Southern cooking does not suck and I've come to
love it, much to my weights detriment. However, this about food not my fatness.

About a month ago I got introduced to a new mayonnaise. I had been a
big fan of Hellmann's for years. Always hating on Miracle Whip, well because it's a salad dressing and it's sweet. If I wanted to sugar a roast beef sandwich....?, but that's just me.

So, after having a discussion with some southern friends about how Elvis liked his fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches. I like mine just like a toasted cheese only with peanut butter and banana slices on the inside. An excellent sandwich, btw. A friend said that his Mom had been making a better sandwich which didn't make sense to me until I tasted it.

Down here in Alabama there's a mayo called Dukes which is a bit heavier and more savory than Hellmann's. You also need to use white bread, yes just like Mom had back in the day.

So, to the point. Two slices of white bread, Dukes mayo or any non sweet mayo, and a sliced up banana. Yes, I know. Sounds appalling, but....

It is sweet. It is savory. It is just weirdly, good.

I made one for my nephew and at first he made a face and I'm sure he was just being polite, but around 10 minutes later in the car he said, "You know that's not a bad aftertaste. Thanks."

Anyhow, brave foodies. Give it a try and reply back.

My wife likes those. I just can't bring myself to try it.

Now, lather up two slices of bread with Dukes & a thick slice of home grown ripe on the vine tomato, and that will curl your toes & make you weak in the knees, delicious.

Yum

(23-06-2016, 05:42 AM)Stevenator Wrote:  My wife likes those. I just can't bring myself to try it.

Now, lather up two slices of bread with Dukes & a thick slice of home grown ripe on the vine tomato, and that will curl your toes & make you weak in the knees, delicious.

Yum

I'm on board with that. I love em too.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon