Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

How do you take fennel?

Hi all
So I have started to use flaxseed oil to massage my breast and im going to buy some flaxseeds today to intake with yogurt twice a day. Ive also purchased fennel seed herbs I heard you can drink up as tea. How does the process work do I boil water steam the seed a little and drink it?

Thanxs ladies

What fennel do you have, is it whole fennel seeds or powdered fennel or dried and powdered capsules? If you have fennel capsules you don't need to make tea from them. I'm guessing you haven't bought a fennel tea as such, as then you would already have the instructions to make it.

Hi Tina,

Like CharleyRose asked, what form of fennel do you have? If you have it in capsule form, you can just take approximately 2-3 capsules per day.

I take fennel for the Omega 3s.

Hi Tina!

It sounds like you have the seeds, so this might be a good method.

How to Make the Tea at Home:

-Get a bag of fresh fennel seeds, preferably ones with a high volatile oil content.
-Crush up 1 to 2 tablespoons of the seeds with a mortar and pestle or the back of a spoon.
-Put the crushed seeds in a large mug and pour a cup of very hot, but not boiling, water over them (turn the kettle off before just before it boils).
-Cover and steep for 8 to 10 minutes.
-Strain and enjoy, perhaps with a small amount of honey.

Hope this helps!

Xo, Soli

Thanks for the honey idea, I was just drinking the fennel and I was having a hard time with it, but honey has given it more taste. Fantastic!

Preferably in a Chicago style sausage pizza. I used to eat like 3/4 of a medium one once a week when I was a kid.

How much are you taking?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon