Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

PM effects on cycle study in monkeys

Hi, I'm new here. I posted yesterday in another forum about my PM nightmare. I've just been researching and found a concerning article from a credible source how PM significantly disrupted menstrual cycles in monkeys. Its probably been posted or discussed here, but I will post a link anyways. Should have read this before taking PM. I should know better....

I regret more than anything taking PM. It has caused amenorrhea....

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14745118

It's a Shame people don't see these studies before they take it.
Dangerous stuff esp for women.

Thai women have a much purer environment than we do and eat pm in a food based form for the most part is why I imagine pm works in a much safer natural way than those of us buying it from foreign source in high dose supplemental form.

I haven't posted in a long while but after reading this post I felt the need to clarify a very inaccurate interpretation of a valid study.

The study was done on a very specific monkey group that average weight of approximately 13lbs give or take a few pounds. An average woman of 5'7" weighs approximately 150lbs give or take 10-15lbs. So that particular monkey species is 10-12x smaller then the avg women (if 5' 7" is even the average women) the average is probably higher but let's be conservative.

Now onto the study.

The 10mg and 100mg doses showed no significant effect on length of cycles but the 1000mg was concerning. That actually is great news not bad as your post indicated. That said, more data from the study is needed. What type of pm was given -- for example raw plant, dried powder or an extract. If an extract, what was it standardized for and what % of it was it standardized for ie. miroesteol etc.

Extrapolation to human doses. The monkey study would represent doses of 120mg, 1,200mg and 12,000mg (12grams!)... And that is a very loose suggestion that weight alone determines extrapolation. The common recommendations for women are between 400-1,000mg depending on type, brand and sensitivity to PM each individual has. So the fact the study had no negative result for the 10mg and 100mg doses is very promising for human users of capsules PM!!! No one other then males transitioning would every suggest or even take 12grams of pm. I've never seen anywhere near that as a suggestion.

The traditional PM preperations in Thailand of 10mg-50mg balls of raw undried root is extremely low micro dosing for anti aging effects like skin complexion, potential breast shape ie lifting in elderly population etc. not breast growth. So making a reference to traditions use is not exactly comparing apples to apples in what people are looking to achieve here.

Thank you for finding this.. Articles like this are very valuable to the community but please understand the study and it's result before making a very negative causation of the study and scaring people unnecessarily.

Any phytoestrogen needs to be taken with caution, I'd be way more Leary of GMO and non.GMO soy in everyday soy milk and Tofu then PM any day.. Studies have shown soy milk can be equal to birth control pills in phyto estrogen equivalent content to women and men drink daily completely unaware of the powerful estrogen like substances in it.. Even lavender in body soaps etc can have a very negative outcome for developing boys as it can have a estrogenic effect.. Or grown men sensitive to prostate BPH.. Yet I keep hearing women spreading lavender scents on babies to calm them.. If only they knew that they are potentially and I repeat potentially giving a phyto female hormone to babies.. I have yet to see studies though confirming whether synthetic lavender has the same potency for estrogen effects that natural lavender oil has.. Stuff like tea tree oil, bpa's bpb's contribute to precocious puberty and why girls are getting periods so early... It used to a 15yr olds and now 8-10year old are.. A lot has to with excess fat in children today which has estrogen effects but so are these xeno-estrogens that people are oblivious to. All this estrogen like material is leading to desensitized receptors due to overload amounts, which causes natural estrogen to be produced way less since the body says hey there is so much we don't need all this so it's shuts what I can to compensate. hence why it's so hard to kick start growth with PM alone for the majority of women.

Where did you first see the link to that article?
BC, I think I know where.

monkey, rat or human.........it changes the length of female reproductive cycles, study's of each are posted throughout breast nexus. Word to the wise is to throughly investigate each product before using.

Hopefully you'll get back on track Maggie. Alternatively, there's non-herbal ways to increase breast size.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon