Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

How much maca should I take per day?

Alongside NBE I'm also looking to increase the size of my butt and perhaps round out my hips. I'm curious as to how much maca I should be taking to achieve this. I have it in powdered form and capsule form -- which is better? How many capsules should I take a day, or how many teaspoons of powder? Should I just...eat it, or mix it into tea?

Also, has anyone seen substantial results while on it? Does it need to be cycled? Sorry for the questions, I'm a noobie! Sad

I've never taken maca, but the advantage of capsules might be that it's easier to know exactly how much you're taking, although a flat teaspoon is about 1500mg I believe. That would be the minimum you'd need a day, although I'd really be tempted to take more than that.

Hi Daizy!

I was taking 1000 mg a day, and my butt TOTALLY expanded, which I didn't need OR want, so I can say with certainty that it works. Of course, I'm also lazy as hell, so, maybe that's a factor...? Tongue

Xo, Soli

3g to 10g is popular. Below 1g is unlikely to have any effect at all, but people vary. 10g is usually faster and more effective but some people react as if they got a hormonal imbalance even from using a little bit. So try 1g, then gradually decide if you want to try more. In South America they bake with it like flour all the time. And while it causes trouble for some, for most it balances out hormones and provides health benefits. So as long as you introduce it gradually and don't see any trouble short term then you should be ok long term too.

The weight of powder depends on fluffiness and I don't remember how much maca weighs off the top of my head, but 1.7 to 3g per teaspoon is typical and usually around 2-2.5g. There's no difference between powder and capsules.

(02-09-2016, 12:34 AM)Soledad46 Wrote:  Hi Daizy!

I was taking 1000 mg a day, and my butt TOTALLY expanded, which I didn't need OR want, so I can say with certainty that it works. Of course, I'm also lazy as hell, so, maybe that's a factor...? Tongue

Xo, Soli

Thanks to both of you, very hopeful!

But Soli--can I ask what brand you were taking? I've found it hard to figure out which are reliable and strong enough etc. I hope I get results like yours!

Hi Daizy!

Swanson's brand. Nice and cheap, quick shipping. It worked for me, obviously!

This is the one: http://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-s...mg-60-caps

But also check in with Sunny, she has a brand she loves too!

Xo, Soli

(02-09-2016, 05:15 AM)Soledad46 Wrote:  Hi Daizy!

Xo, Soli

Ah that makes more sense. I was wondering how only 1,000 mg did so well. That's 4:1 so 1,000 mg is actually like 4,000 mg. Btw gelatinized maca is roughly 2.5:1.

(02-09-2016, 01:58 PM)surferjoe2007 Wrote:  
(02-09-2016, 05:15 AM)Soledad46 Wrote:  Hi Daizy!

Xo, Soli

Ah that makes more sense. I was wondering how only 1,000 mg did so well. That's 4:1 so 1,000 mg is actually like 4,000 mg. Btw gelatinized maca is roughly 2.5:1.

Oh! Thanks for the explanation SurferJoe! Of course my butt is already predisposed to expansion...too bad my boobs are so reluctant to get on that train. Dodgy

Xo, Soli

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon