Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Estrogen dominance?

I don't know if I am estrogen dominant but it appears I may be due to some online tests.

If that's the case will my program work?

I'm planning on taking fenugreek 2000mg wild yam 1500 and saw palmetto 1500 and maca 2000 with epo /fenugreek massage. On just the fenugreek and maca with massage I have grown 1/2 inch. Today I am introducing the other herbs. Any idea of this is a good combo for me?

Hi Chelo!
I'm not an expert on NBE yet. But I too suspect that maybe I'm a bit estrogen dominant.. not sure if my estrogen is high, normal, or low but I definitely think I might have low progesterone in relation to estrogen (hence, the dominance). Anyway, if you can't get a saliva hormone test done right now to confirm it, just start out with a very simple regimen of saw palmetto and maca for a few months. Maca is supposed to help with estrogen dominance and since you've already grown a little, that's a good sign that the maca agrees with you. I tried maca but for some reason it seemed to only increase my estrogen-like symptoms. Sad But I'm taking saw palmetto and it has helped me quite a lot with excess androgens and clearing up my skin.
As for the fenugreek, EPO, and wild yam, I would probably stay away from those for right now if you suspect estrogen dominance because they can all be quite estrogenic in my personal experience. I've read that wild yam is a progesterone promoter, but it doesn't actually contain progesterone.. it does contain diosgenin, which I believe is a phytoestrogen if I'm not mistaken. If you decide to use a phytoestrogen in your program anyway, maybe it would be a good idea to take something mild like fennel or a small amount of fenugreek just during your follicular phase which would coincide with your natural cycle.
There seems to be conflicting info online about the estrogenic properties (or lack thereof) in EPO but if you do decide to switch from it, I think coconut oil, cocoa butter, olive oil, or macadamia oil are great alternatives.
If any of my tips are off-base, I'm sure some of the more educated ladies on here will correct them. Smile But I hope some of this helps you. Wish you much success on your NBE journey!!

Hey!

Thanks so much for the advice!

So you don't think I should supplement fenugreek at all, or just strictly in my follicle phase?

What about progesterone cream?

I have read online that progesterone cream halts breast growth, and also that it promotes it...its so hard to really tell what to do!

I have saw palmetto coming in the mail today so I will start with that and the Maca.

Maca or fenugreek has given me horrible acne, all over my body well not that bad but a few here and there which is abnormal for me....could I have overdone the pills or is this a further sign of estrogen dominance or testosterone...i think saw palmetto will help with this?

(08-09-2016, 03:35 PM)chelo123 Wrote:  Hey!

Thanks so much for the advice!

So you don't think I should supplement fenugreek at all, or just strictly in my follicle phase?

What about progesterone cream?

I have read online that progesterone cream halts breast growth, and also that it promotes it...its so hard to really tell what to do!

I have saw palmetto coming in the mail today so I will start with that and the Maca.

Maca or fenugreek has given me horrible acne, all over my body well not that bad but a few here and there which is abnormal for me....could I have overdone the pills or is this a further sign of estrogen dominance or testosterone...i think saw palmetto will help with this?

You're very welcome!
I think maybe I would just wait on the fenugreek and see if you get results in the next few months without it. Either fenugreek or the maca could potentially cause the acne.. I would guess that the best way to figure out which one is to quit both for several days/few weeks then add just one back in. Wait and see if the acne comes back or not, and then test the other one the same way, if that makes sense. I personally have gotten good results with saw palmetto for the acne. Also saw palmetto can indirectly contribute to breast growth since it's blocking the negative effects of the testosterone.
For progesterone cream, I'm not sure if I'm knowledgeable enough to give you advice about it, although coincidentally I have just started using a small amount of it myself. I'm only using a small dab for about six days during my luteal phase.. but like I said, I've just started with it so I will update you if I notice positive changes! I sure hope I will, lol! But I do know that more is not better when it comes to progesterone cream. You can easily overdo it if not careful.

I think you could have a good starting program with consistent massage, saw palmetto, and maca, if it turns out that's not causing the acne. You could also consider a collagen supplement like this https://www.amazon.com/Great-Lakes-Gelatin-Collagen-Hydrolysate/dp/B005KG7EDU/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1473347414&sr=8-1&keywords=great+lakes+collagen+hydrolysate Great Lakes Collagen Hydrolysate (that's the one I use) . It's good for firming and plumping the breast tissue and great for the skin, hair, nails, and digestive system too.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon