Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Turn fish bowls (or anything else) into domes.

Something new.   Canisters from Kmart.   $6 each.   Filled half way with hot water then removed the air with the pump.    Water does not compress like air so you get more vacuum and the warm water feels amazing.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi Karren,

As a fellow breast pumper, could I please ask if you have ever started to lactate? I seem to remember an old post of yours about this.

I would love to do this, and it would be nice to get your advice on producing milk.

They are hoping to set up a lactation board on this site. 

Valerie

Yea I have lactated a couple times.   Mainly from pumping and simulated breast feeding but I may have an advantage.    If you want to call having a pituitary tumor an advantage.    Lol. I have a prolactinoma tumors which when I unmedicated causes breast enlargement and lactation.  I take meds to control the tumor but if I stop.    Boom

I apologise, I didn't know it was a medical condition. I thought it was just lots of breast suction.
Sorry
Valerie

(10-10-2016, 10:09 PM)valerie anne Wrote:  I apologise, I didn't know it was a medical condition. I thought it was just lots of breast suction.
Sorry
Valerie

Do not be sorry.   It's one of those strange things.  Lol.  But anyone can lactate given the proper stimulation.   Which boosts prolactinoma secretion which leads to to lactating.   Studying the subject it looks likes more than anything that breast feeding on the nipple is the trigger so that's what you need to simulate.  IMHO

Karren, it sounds so interesting. I never thought about DIY till now!!!

Do you already see or expect a different shape of your breast compared to other domes?

Thanks!

goood lord that looks delicious!!!

i so hope I find something soon that looks as good!!!    Big Grin

Am late on this thread.... but am all over that cordelss pump idea. All ready ordered from Wallyworld. Thx, Karren.

(13-07-2017, 09:49 PM)Dinamature Wrote:  Am late on this thread.... but am all over that cordelss pump idea. All ready ordered from Wallyworld. Thx, Karren.

I want to post my follow up. The Foodsaver pump from Walmart is a great find. I ordered it online and it arrived in just a few days. The cost was a little over $20.
It has Ni Cad batteries (not the best technology) and requires 20 hours for the initial charge. I believe the normal charge is recommended to be the same. It has just a red power light; this indicates it is connected and charging but gives no indication on the status of your charge. It's up to you to just go by the clock.
The clear plastic dome that Karren removed is meant to come off for routine cleaning, so there's no damage or issue if you remove it. Likewise, drilling the hole in the top of the small stem in no way impacts the normal function of the pump (should the user actually want to seal and store food.)

It is handier and more convenient than my Noogle hand pump, though after just a couple of days use, it required recharging. And as a note, it is noisy. A quiet hum of an aquarium pump is NOT what I experienced. It's pretty loud and is not something that's likely to suit you if stealth is a factor.

The port manufactured into the dome is actually part of a softer rubber like  insert. I reamed that port out with a 1/4" drill bit -- hand held, just twisting back and forth as I worked it through the restricted opening. I was then able to thread the thick Noogle tubing through the hole. It was a very tight fit... it took some patience and long forceps to work it through. But it's absolutely airtight around the soft tubing. I pulled a couple inches through, then trimmed it to length so that when I snap the dome back onto the pump, that trimmed end nestles right onto the pumps vacuum nipple. The finished item looks factory complete with a tube coming from the center of the dome... in my case ending with a Noogle male end to snap into my airlocks. And that tube is secure... I have visions of even an appropriately size tubing coming off the small vacuum nipple very easily.

Again, just a followup but with a strong endorsement of the product and Karren's engineering insight!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon