Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Asked: Your experience with biotin

Hi, i am using biotin for a couple of weeks now and have seen some growth already,i also have these feelings in my breasts that might indicate growth/change. I was wondering what your experiences are and if there are longtime users here? can i use biotin for a prolongued period of time? did it made your hair grow?,thanks!

(02-10-2016, 10:08 PM)hannah Wrote:  Hi, i am using biotin for a couple of weeks now and have seen some growth already,i also have these feelings in my breasts that might indicate growth/change. I was wondering what your experiences are and if there are longtime users here? can i use biotin for a prolongued period of time? did it made your hair grow?,thanks!
I use biotin before. I used it because I though my hair wasn't growing but it was just that my hair shrinks. I would say it helps grow hair. I wouldn't really use a long time maybe take breaks too. I only say this because I don't you body to get too used to it to the point it is the only thing that makes your hair grow. I used mine for maybe a month. Then stopped after only because I forgot to take it.

I did a biotin treatment many years ago. As I recall it was a kit that even came with a plastic drain cover to catch hairs you would count so you'd know your losses. I followed the directions to the letter and eventually came to the conclusion that I had no reduction in hair loss at all.

I suppose it can't hurt, though, except perhaps in the pocketbook. Human physiology is a pretty complex thing and there are many factors that affect things like hair loss. One type of solution may not work while others will. Usually the best approach is a combination of things. I know things like diet and exercise can affect hair growth, as can things like stress, smoking and environmental factors. I'm pretty sure nobody has a one-size-fits-all solution, if spite of what they might say.

(03-10-2016, 03:59 PM)JPoper3838 Wrote:  
(02-10-2016, 10:08 PM)hannah Wrote:  Hi, i am using biotin for a couple of weeks now and have seen some growth already,i also have these feelings in my breasts that might indicate growth/change. I was wondering what your experiences are and if there are longtime users here? can i use biotin for a prolongued period of time? did it made your hair grow?,thanks!
I use biotin before. I used it because I though my hair wasn't growing but it was just that my hair shrinks. I would say it helps grow hair. I wouldn't really use a long time maybe take breaks too. I only say this because I don't you body to get too used to it to the point it is the only thing that makes your hair grow. I used mine for maybe a month. Then stopped after only because I forgot to take it.

Thanks J. Your hair shrinked seriously..didnt knew.that was possible but sounds horrible though. What made it shrink?

(04-10-2016, 04:58 PM)Wannabe Wrote:  I did a biotin treatment many years ago. As I recall it was a kit that even came with a plastic drain cover to catch hairs you would count so you'd know your losses. I followed the directions to the letter and eventually came to the conclusion that I had no reduction in hair loss at all.

I suppose it can't hurt, though, except perhaps in the pocketbook. Human physiology is a pretty complex thing and there are many factors that affect things like hair loss. One type of solution may not work while others will. Usually the best approach is a combination of things. I know things like diet and exercise can affect hair growth, as can things like stress, smoking and environmental factors. I'm pretty sure nobody has a one-size-fits-all solution, if spite of what they might say.

Hm hope it will help me...i did see some short hair layer ontop my normal haor suddenly...maybe its new hair coming trough..

I have been using biotin for over two years now.  I say it does help hair grow, because it is basically a protein which your hair is made of, but it does not grow new hair, it only helps the existing hairs.  The following site is a good one for hair:

http://www.hairbuddha.net/

To promote hair growth, these two used together are supposed to help.

(11-10-2016, 05:22 AM)pom19 Wrote:  

I have been using biotin for over two years now.  I say it does help hair grow, because it is basically a protein which your hair is made of, but it does not grow new hair, it only helps the existing hairs.  The following site is a good one for hair:

http://www.hairbuddha.net/

Thanks for the link Pom! Il check it outSmile

(11-10-2016, 08:08 PM)jannet.duff Wrote:  To promote hair growth, these two used together are supposed to help.

Thank you..is that an progesteron extract? Do you apply it on your scalp?

OK I’m having an issue. I’ve been taking Biotin 5000mcg for three months now to strengthen my nails. I recently bought a bottle of bottle of hairfinity to help with thinning hair. Can I take both twice a day or is that too much?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon