Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

A warning for those taking estrogen supplements orally

Haven't been here in a while, but while browsing Wikipedia I found this: 

Quote:Oral estrogen treatment suppresses IGF-1 production in the liver, where approximately 80% of serum IGF-1 originates from,[50] and reduces total serum IGF-1 levels (by 15–40%, dependent on dose and type of estrogen administered), as well as increases levels of insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 1 (IGFBP1) (a carrier protein that inhibits IGF-1 binding/activity).[51]
[…]
As such, estrogen administered via other routes of administration that bypass the liver, such as transdermal (in the form of estrogen patches), sublingualintranasalintramuscular injection, and subcutaneous injection, may be significantly more effective than oral estrogen.[51]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hormonal...nhancement

IGF-1 is insulin-like growth factor 1, a very important hormone for breast growth. 

Quote:When micronized estradiol is taken orally – just swallowed – its bioavailability is only about 5% – meaning 95% of what you take doesn’t actually do any good! Whereas the bioavailability of sublingual estradiol is about 25% – five times as much. Why is this so? Primarily because when you take estradiol orally, some of it is destroyed by stomach acid, and then what is left over is then attacked by your liver. (Kuhl, Zhang) 

More info:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/9052581/

What do you all think of that?

(04-10-2016, 03:57 AM)Blue Colleen Wrote:  Haven't been here in a while, but while browsing Wikipedia I found this: 

Quote: Big Grin I already know that this is RIGHT on target, and though I was unaware of the insulin effect it just makes sense that as your body is an alchemist, and all alchemy is balance, when you put it in like that your body will convert ALL it can into testosterone.  My estimate was about 5% as well for what good oral administration can accomplish, I found when on the stuff my self that in the beginning I responded well to things like PM, but after a few months .... I could gain no effect and what I found was that I was now able to convert most of the estro back to neutral balance (at least that was my guess). When looking into this effect in the medical world as well as history from many areas of the world. They all had the same information to relay, eating boobies bigger is not really good for you.  Personally I have turned to red lentils .... soaked for a couple days and ground into a paste. Add a little water or a lot depending on how you want to use it....spray bottle or paste for mud packing. (I also use flax this way.)   the liquid I use in my domes for hydro  Rolleyes   not only has it helped me gain a cup size so far but my skin is loosing all hint of stretch marks and has lighted some discoloration dramatically.  (Am trying a little item right now with this recipe, I add the clear part of the center of green table grapes and blend them in with this liquid, about 10 per 2 cups of liquid. I viewed a person claiming that this is all you need to add a cup size or two. I was not going to bother with it because the maker gave NO other information about why use grapes or any evidence what so ever. And I was throwing that to the bunk pile, but as usual I cant stop looking and what I found out about grapes was .... to say the least astonishing.  and even if they do not add size....it is going to help a LOT with the skin and nipples.... Big Grin .)

But what do I think about that? well ... there you go   Wink

the liver, such as transdermal (in the form of estrogen patches), sublingualintranasalintramuscular injection, and subcutaneous injection, may be significantly more effective than oral estrogen.[51]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hormonal...nhancement

IGF-1 is insulin-like growth factor 1, a very important hormone for breast growth. 

Quote:When micronized estradiol is taken orally – just swallowed – its bioavailability is only about 5% – meaning 95% of what you take doesn’t actually do any good! Whereas the bioavailability of sublingual estradiol is about 25% – five times as much. Why is this so? Primarily because when you take estradiol orally, some of it is destroyed by stomach acid, and then what is left over is then attacked by your liver. (Kuhl, Zhang) 

More info:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/9052581/

What do you all think of that?

Question, does taking pm powder sublingually work?
Not sure about it's mechanism, does it get broken down by the liver first pass as well?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon