Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Raise or balance hormones for growth??

I'm in the process of doing a full saliva hormone panel (samples are taken throughout the entire month). When I receive the results from that, I'm going to begin tentatively putting together a customized NBE supplement/massage program for myself. I've been researching on here quite a bit and I have something I wanted to ask some of the more experienced folks on here... So in order to achieve breast growth, is the goal simply to correct any hormone imbalance that may exist?  Or do you correct imbalances and THEN progress on to also slightly raising your estrogen/progesterone levels proportionately in order to achieve actual growth??  For example, if any imbalances are corrected but no growth results from that, I guess something more would be required..

I hope that all makes sense, lol.

I lost growth and weight when my hormones started going Haywire , it's been a few months on maca to get me back to a more resemblance of "normal" period again. Due to a health condition for now I can't put any weight on which sucks cause now my hormones are looking a little better I may have plumped up again .

So from a health standpoint I'd say you gotta start clean with balance for sure. The risk if excess estrogen goes without saying :s

(13-10-2016, 04:44 AM)EllaC Wrote:  I lost growth and weight when my hormones started going Haywire , it's been a few months on maca to get me back to a more resemblance of "normal" period again. Due to a health condition for now I can't put any weight on which sucks cause now my hormones are looking a little better I may have plumped up again .

So from a health standpoint I'd say you gotta start clean with balance for sure. The risk if excess estrogen goes without saying :s

I agree with balance for growth..certainly not to much androgens. And then in my personal case a little more estrogen then progesterone made me grow.. but i didnt had to raisemy estrogen on purpose throughtout the whole month...only cycled.

(13-10-2016, 08:26 PM)hannah Wrote:  
(13-10-2016, 04:44 AM)EllaC Wrote:  I lost growth and weight when my hormones started going Haywire , it's been a few months on maca to get me back to a more resemblance of "normal" period again. Due to a health condition for now I can't put any weight on which sucks cause now my hormones are looking a little better I may have plumped up again .

I agree with balance for growth..certainly not to much androgens. And then in my personal case a little more estrogen then progesterone made me grow.. but i didnt had to raisemy estrogen on purpose throughtout the whole month...only cycled.

Thanks so much for the responses, Ella and Hannah! I agree that balance first makes the most sense. Ella, I tried taking a small daily dose of maca root and within two weeks my period started (about a week earlier than it should have) and my cramps were worse than usual. Tried it again the next month and same thing.  I wish I could take that because it seems to work for so many people but I guess I'm not one of them.

My program will definitely involve something for lowering androgens. I've already experimented with 150 - 300 mg of saw palmetto extract daily for a few months and noticed it helped clear up my skin and made it glow! But I didn't actually see any breast growth while taking it. Sad  Of course right now I've suspended taking SP until my hormone test is done. I did notice that my period came a few days earlier while taking the SP..  Have either of you experienced this when using an anti-androgen? Is that anything to be concerned about?

Like Hannah, I've toyed with the idea of possibly cycling a phytoestrogen. But I'd only attempt that if my test shows no estrogen dominance whatsoever.  Hannah, if you don't mind my asking, did you do anything else while achieving growth or was your success just strictly based on the increased hormone levels?

When I do get my test results back, would it be ok for me to ask either of you a few more quick questions about it if I have some? 

Thanks again!!

(13-10-2016, 09:09 PM)NaturalLady31 Wrote:  

Thanks so much for the responses, Ella and Hannah! I agree that balance first makes the most sense. Ella, I tried taking a small daily dose of maca root and within two weeks my period started (about a week earlier than it should have) and my cramps were worse than usual. Tried it again the next month and same thing.  I wish I could take that because it seems to work for so many people but I guess I'm not one of them.

My program will definitely involve something for lowering androgens. I've already experimented with 150 - 300 mg of saw palmetto extract daily for a few months and noticed it helped clear up my skin and made it glow! But I didn't actually see any breast growth while taking it. Sad  Of course right now I've suspended taking SP until my hormone test is done. I did notice that my period came a few days earlier while taking the SP..  Have either of you experienced this when using an anti-androgen? Is that anything to be concerned about?

Like Hannah, I've toyed with the idea of possibly cycling a phytoestrogen. But I'd only attempt that if my test shows no estrogen dominance whatsoever.  Hannah, if you don't mind my asking, did you do anything else while achieving growth or was your success just strictly based on the increased hormone levels?

When I do get my test results back, would it be ok for me to ask either of you a few more quick questions about it if I have some? 

Thanks again!!

Well i came from a situation with a bad portion of underweight. I am still 5kgs to light but i was 10 kgs to light. It was bc i was really malnourished and i unconciously had depleted my body. So i first started paying attention to my diet(i only ate evening meals and desserts so for me there was a lot of work which habituation was a hard part of) I make sure my breakfast contains carbs and protein, i then took protein shakes Nd i should start again. Dont take more then 30 grams per 3 hours bc thats about all we can process. Flavanoids, good for circulation,found in fruits and vegatbles, fruits and veggies contain many good stuff in general. So good for nbe include them daily, very important. There are certain vegetables and fruits which ae real good for nbe like brocolli, kale, aspargus, carrots, tomatoes, garlic,black beans white beans, strawberries,berries,bananas,kiwi,lemons which to lower dht/androgens, passion fruit very rich in vitamin c. And many more just read around, nbe food list from Lotus is a good thread for this subject.
Nuts are also important part of my diet. Pistachios nuts, almonds, walnuts. They are like building blocks for your hormones. Good fatty acids are an imp. Thing in nbe, omega 3 krilloil is used often...i dont ake it bc i eat fish once or three times a week. People als use cocnutoil for other omega's dunno which omega is in c.oil but i get intestinal problems from it. So I prefer nuts or avocado's,olive oil and fish.
Further try to avoid sugar,caffeine,alcohol. Do massage with any oil you prefer.. or look into making herbal topicals.they worked wonders for me. 
And as anti androgen i really recomend astaxanthine..also an anti oxidant.
Further i personally would never try Saw Palmetto even though there are succes stories about it. I believe it lowers estrogen and can cause "cellulite "from what i've read.

(13-10-2016, 10:40 PM)hannah Wrote:  

Thanks again!!

Well i came from a situation with a bad portion of underweight. I am still 5kgs to light but i was 10 kgs to light. It was bc i was really malnourished and i unconciously had depleted my body. So i first started paying attention to my diet(i only ate evening meals and desserts so for me there was a lot of work which habituation was a hard part of) I make sure my breakfast contains carbs and protein, i then took protein shakes Nd i should start again. Dont take more then 30 grams per 3 hours bc thats about all we can process. Flavanoids, good for circulation,found in fruits and vegatbles, fruits and veggies contain many good stuff in general. So good for nbe include them daily, very important. There are certain vegetables and fruits which ae real good for nbe like brocolli, kale, aspargus, carrots, tomatoes, garlic,black beans white beans, strawberries,berries,bananas,kiwi,lemons which to lower dht/androgens, passion fruit very rich in vitamin c. And many more just read around, nbe food list from Lotus is a good thread for this subject.
Nuts are also important part of my diet. Pistachios nuts, almonds, walnuts. They are like building blocks for your hormones. Good fatty acids are an imp. Thing in nbe, omega 3 krilloil is used often...i dont ake it bc i eat fish once or three times a week. People als use cocnutoil for other omega's dunno which omega is in c.oil but i get intestinal problems from it. So I prefer nuts or avocado's,olive oil and fish.
Further try to avoid sugar,caffeine,alcohol. Do massage with any oil you prefer.. or look into making herbal topicals.they worked wonders for me. 
Further i personally would never try Saw Palmetto even though there are succes stories about it. I believe it lowers estrogen and can cause "cellulite "from what i've read.
Thanks for all the info, Hannah. I'm on a program to heal my gut (connected with Hashimoto's) so I'm eating lots of fruits, veggies, and I'm starting to incorporate some nuts back in slowly.  I keep hearing that krill oil is very good so I might try supplementing with that at some point. I never have caffeine or alcohol but I'm working right now on cutting out ALL sugars (not fruit though).. I haven't had processed sugar in a few years but I've been using natural sweeteners like coconut sugar semi-often, which I've recently discovered is not really the best either. Going to try Stevia.

So what kinds of herbal NBE topicals did you use?

I didn't know that astaxanthin is an anti-androgen. In your opinion, do you think it would work as effectively as SP?

[font="Helvetica Neue",Helvetica,sans-serif]Save[/font]

(13-10-2016, 11:37 PM)NaturalLady31 Wrote:  

Thanks again!!

Thanks for all the info, Hannah. I'm on a program to heal my gut (connected with Hashimoto's) so I'm eating lots of fruits, veggies, and I'm starting to incorporate some nuts back in slowly.  I keep hearing that krill oil is very good so I might try supplementing with that at some point. I never have caffeine or alcohol but I'm working right now on cutting out ALL sugars (not fruit though).. I haven't had processed sugar in a few years but I've been using natural sweeteners like coconut sugar semi-often, which I've recently discovered is not really the best either. Going to try Stevia.

I didn't know that astaxanthin is an anti-androgen. In your opinion, do you think it would work as effectively as SP?

Save

I mainly use pm powder to massage with then take it of. I use pc cream too. Avocado oil, lavender oil and coconutoil. But there are people who use fenugreek or other things. Ithink astaxanthine is more effectve for sure...if only bc it does not lower estrogens.. you just have to figure out the right dose for you...probably between the 4 and 8 mg or mcg idk from my head...

(13-10-2016, 11:50 PM)hannah Wrote:  
(13-10-2016, 08:26 PM)hannah Wrote:  I agree with balance for growth..certainly not to much androgens. And then in my personal case a little more estrogen then progesterone made me grow.. but i didnt had to raisemy estrogen on purpose throughtout the whole month...only cycled.

Thanks again!!

Save

I mainly use pm powder to massage with then take it of. I use pc cream too. Avocado oil, lavender oil and coconutoil. But there are people who use fenugreek or other things. Ithink astaxanthine is more effectve for sure...if only bc it does not lower estrogens.. you just have to figure out the right dose for you...probably between the 4 and 8 mg or mcg idk from my head...
I guess I've been a bit scared of PM because if my test shows estrogen dominance then I guess PM would be bad for me, correct? 
I just looked up astaxanthin on iHerb.com and it sounds like the dose would be in mg. Smile I will definitely consider trying that for the androgens.

[font="Helvetica Neue",Helvetica,sans-serif]Save[/font]

(13-10-2016, 11:59 PM)NaturalLady31 Wrote:  
(13-10-2016, 11:50 PM)hannah Wrote:  
(13-10-2016, 09:09 PM)NaturalLady31 Wrote:  Thanks so much for the responses, Ella and Hannah! I agree that balance first makes the most sense. Ella, I tried taking a small daily dose of maca root and within two weeks my period started (about a week earlier than it should have) and my cramps were worse than usual. Tried it again the next month and same thing.  I wish I could take that because it seems to work for so many people but I guess I'm not one of them.

Thanks again!!

Save

I guess I've been a bit scared of PM because if my test shows estrogen dominance then I guess PM would be bad for me, correct? 
I just looked up astaxanthin on iHerb.com and it sounds like the dose would be in mg. Smile I will definitely consider trying that for the androgens.

Save

If you indeed have high estrogen i would start out with either vitex or pc. Maybe later on you could take herbal teas like fennel barley, liqourice(real liqourice, good for adrenal support). Trying fenugreek first would be an option too bc if im not wrong it raises all hormones, but there is many contradictive information on herbs.. so itsnot exact thing.. Maca btw didnt agree with me either. But there are many things to try..i havent even tried everything. So i also suggest reading up on other programs bc many people dont share a lot about what exactly gave them succes..maybe its bc they dont exactly know.

Thanks again!!

Save
Hi. What led you to addressing hypo by healing your gut? (although i know now EVERYTHING is tied up with the gut...) Im borderline hypothyroid as well. I eat alot of cruciferous veg so i sometimes wonder if thats complicating things, need to retest my values.

Yeh its weird i found SP would give me INSTANT pimples, big ones, and i never get pimples! Frm the first day id end up with one or two huge pimples. And yes maca can shorten your luteal phase in some, the WRONG type of maca did that to me too, thats when i first started having short cycles, but then i found "world botanicals peri menopuase" maca and it completely turned it around for me. So i think the types of maca might very well play a role. My cycle will be on time and only 3-4 days now too when i consistently take maca. 

But yes if your test indicated excess estrogen i wouldnt touch pm at all. Esp as theres always a degree of deceipt with PM and whether its actually come from the right region of thailand etc. 

Im not entirely sure i buy into the androgen thing unless you have real stand out symptons which would put you that way. With that said ive been told when i test for my hormones to test for E/P and testosterone, but my Dr NEVER told me that and just sent me off for random estrogen/progesterone bloods at any given time of the month which is soo wrong and doesnt show you the full picture. I've never in fact had the 3 of them done, its not easy to get in my country and of course Doctors have NO interest whatsoever in hormone health.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon