Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

What is the safest amount of PM to take in one day?

What is the safest amount of pm to take in one day?

(21-10-2016, 01:20 AM)Melmitch997 Wrote:  What is the safest amount of pm to take in one day?

Being a smart-@$$, not a Troll....
NONE!  ;-)

I understand there is an upper limit, and it will vary by source...
But about 4,000 mg/dose, I think ti was, for powder, capsules, taken orally. And you still wanted to build up to that.
It should also be lower for a genetic female, usually a 2,000 mg/dose should be enough, with two doses/day, I understand.

I hope some of the regulars will correct me if I'm wrong.
-Dianna

(21-10-2016, 01:20 AM)Melmitch997 Wrote:  What is the safest amount of pm to take in one day?

https://examine.com/supplements/pueraria-mirifica/

This explains it quite well. But if your younger i wouldnt touch it at all. Its the not miracle breast enlarging herb its made out to be, it comes with some serious side effects and if you go through the PM section you will see that.

women metabolize quicker, PM drastically changes menstrual cycles. Ella is right, look at the evidence in breast nexus archives. NO ONE should take 4000mg of PM.

(14-01-2016, 11:54 PM)Lotus Wrote:  
Quote:Clinical studies indicate that women metabolise drugs which are substrates of CYP3A4 more quickly than men (20–30% increase)4. Analysis has shown around two fold higher levels of CYP3A4 protein in female compared to male tissue samples3,4. http://www.medsafe.govt.nz/profs/PUArtic...4503A4.htm

So, in other words we can't simply suggest someone else should take x amount of an herb/med without some research done by the individual. The swing in metabolism could be as much as 50% in individuals. As I said before, if the PM is legit, females should only take 100 to 250 mg......and only in the first half. What PM does in the brain (especially in females) is less understood. Meaning, how PM effects the HPA (hypothalamus pituitary axis) is tricky business, and especially at growth hormones/ lutenizing & follicle stimulating hormones, which (will) causes everyone to metabolize differently. 

RolleyesSmile

(21-10-2016, 10:39 PM)Lotus Wrote:  women metabolize quicker, PM drastically changes menstrual cycles. Ella is right, look at the evidence in breast nexus archives. NO ONE should take 4000mg of PM.

Quote:Clinical studies indicate that women metabolise drugs which are substrates of CYP3A4 more quickly than men (20–30% increase)4. Analysis has shown around two fold higher levels of CYP3A4 protein in female compared to male tissue samples3,4. http://www.medsafe.govt.nz/profs/PUArtic...4503A4.htm

So, in other words we can't simply suggest someone else should take x amount of an herb/med without some research done by the individual. The swing in metabolism could be as much as 50% in individuals. As I said before, if the PM is legit, females should only take 100 to 250 mg......and only in the first half. What PM does in the brain (especially in females) is less understood. Meaning, how PM effects the HPA (hypothalamus pituitary axis) is tricky business, and especially at growth hormones/ lutenizing & follicle stimulating hormones, which (will) causes everyone to metabolize differently. 

RolleyesSmile

For safety, I recommend 500mg per day only. ( NOT more than 500 mg. )
You need to know PM has side effect.

(22-02-2017, 06:05 AM)pammarid Wrote:  
(21-10-2016, 10:39 PM)Lotus Wrote:  women metabolize quicker, PM drastically changes menstrual cycles. Ella is right, look at the evidence in breast nexus archives. NO ONE should take 4000mg of PM.

So, in other words we can't simply suggest someone else should take x amount of an herb/med without some research done by the individual. The swing in metabolism could be as much as 50% in individuals. As I said before, if the PM is legit, females should only take 100 to 250 mg......and only in the first half. What PM does in the brain (especially in females) is less understood. Meaning, how PM effects the HPA (hypothalamus pituitary axis) is tricky business, and especially at growth hormones/ lutenizing & follicle stimulating hormones, which (will) cause everyone to metabolize differently. 

RolleyesSmile

For safety, I recommend 500mg per day only. ( NOT more than 500 mg. )
You need to know PM has side effect.

Negative....females shouldn't go over 250mg as stated above.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon