Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Body temperature

(06-11-2016, 04:57 AM)blessedbreasts Wrote:  So what's the treatment, then? What can one do about it all?

hi bb. here's some of the subheadings ..and, under each is a lot of information:

Quote:Treatment for Low Metabolic Energy

Adrenal Repair Basics

Adrenal Support

A healthy whole foods diet 
B-complex vitamins: 
Vitamin C and antioxidants: 
Amino acids: 
Healthy fats: 
Unrefined sea salt: 
Restoring Thyroid Function

Estrogen Dominance Support (For Women)

Metabolic Therapy™ Healing

this one's interesting:

Quote:Adrenal Support
Quote:Providing the body with proper support in the form of good nutrition is critical to repair. The minimal nutritional requirements for healthier adrenals are:

A healthy whole foods diet that is organic, contains an adequate amount of protein and healthy fat (oil is liquid in room temperature while fat is solid in room temperature) and adequate fat-soluble vitamins, while omitting anything you are allergic to, such as wheat, dairy or other specific foods.

B-complex vitamins: A very complete B-complex with lots of vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid) may be necessary. Remember that fermented foods are rich in B vitamins.

Vitamin C and antioxidants: Vitamin C is critical to adrenal function. The buffered powder form of vitamin C is often most easily tolerated as part of a drink sipped throughout the day. It is important to take bioflavonoids with vitamin C as these help recycle and sustain the antioxidant activity.

Amino acids: Individuals with weak adrenals often cannot digest meat or proteins into amino acids very well. The adrenals thrive on amino acids. As with the vitamin C, amino acids are best taken as part of a drink sipped throughout the day.

Healthy fats: Animal fat is the best source of healthy fat but it must be organic. If dairy or meat, the animal should, if possible, be grassfed. Eggs are also healthy. Free-range hens are the best source. Cod liver oil provides vitamin A, essential for the production of adrenal and thyroid hormones.

Unrefined sea salt: This helps the adrenals by raising low blood pressure and ensuring the body retains water. Plain table salt (sodium chloride) does not contain the same minerals and some people feel poorly when using it.

here's another little bit:

Quote:The Estrogen Dominance-Adrenal Fatigue Connection

In summary, fixing adrenal function and estrogen dominance go hand-in-hand and it is therefore difficult to fix one while ignoring the other. ED can also be caused by excessive estrogenic stimulation. Typical sources of estrogenic effect are:

Excessive fatty tissue: Fat cells make estrogen and estrogen causes fatty tissue growth. This is a vicious cycle we’d like to avoid.

Exposure to chemicals that mimic estrogen such as many plastics (e.g. microwaving food in plastic dishes or using plastic wraps and containers) or from eating soy products or non-organic food. Feedlot livestock are typically given potent estrogenic substances (“super-estrogens”) to make them more productive. Our produce is often laced with these substances and soy foods are very high in estrogen-like compounds.

Correcting ED involves more than just correcting the estrogen-progesterone balance and supporting the adrenals. It is important to eliminate the causative factors as much as possible. Excessive exercise, insufficient sleep, toxic exposure, poor nutrition (high intake of carbohydrates, low intake of fat and protein, low intake of nutrients), and stress are some common causes.
Direct help to the adrenals indirectly helps improve the ED (estrogen-progesterone balance) by allowing more progesterone to be available to offset the estrogen. Direct help to the estrogen-progesterone balance indirectly supports the adrenals by making more progesterone available for cortisol production.

it's a long article, lot of this doctor's experience treating these conditions in his patients  ..but i'm glad i waded through it. it give you a strong message of this delicate endocrine balance and how stress and the way we conduct daily life can get them weakened and out of balance and then some doctor is fueling up your thyroid with meds when you might have weak adrenals due to other reasons and then it soon overwhelms the adrenals and then you just want to sit on a park bench eating ice cream and staring mindlessly at the ocean until some nice person calls the authorities.
http://www.westonaprice.org/modern-disea...therapies/

Wow, great info. Thanks, solome.

(06-11-2016, 03:54 PM)solome Wrote:  
(06-11-2016, 04:57 AM)blessedbreasts Wrote:  So what's the treatment, then? What can one do about it all?

hi bb. here's some of the subheadings ..and, under each is a lot of information:

Quote:Treatment for Low Metabolic Energy

Adrenal Repair Basics

Adrenal Support

A healthy whole foods diet 
B-complex vitamins: 
Vitamin C and antioxidants: 
Amino acids: 
Healthy fats: 
Unrefined sea salt: 
Restoring Thyroid Function

Estrogen Dominance Support (For Women)

Metabolic Therapy™ Healing

this one's interesting:

Quote:Adrenal Support
Quote:Providing the body with proper support in the form of good nutrition is critical to repair. The minimal nutritional requirements for healthier adrenals are:

A healthy whole foods diet that is organic, contains an adequate amount of protein and healthy fat (oil is liquid in room temperature while fat is solid in room temperature) and adequate fat-soluble vitamins, while omitting anything you are allergic to, such as wheat, dairy or other specific foods.

B-complex vitamins: A very complete B-complex with lots of vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid) may be necessary. Remember that fermented foods are rich in B vitamins.

Vitamin C and antioxidants: Vitamin C is critical to adrenal function. The buffered powder form of vitamin C is often most easily tolerated as part of a drink sipped throughout the day. It is important to take bioflavonoids with vitamin C as these help recycle and sustain the antioxidant activity.

Amino acids: Individuals with weak adrenals often cannot digest meat or proteins into amino acids very well. The adrenals thrive on amino acids. As with the vitamin C, amino acids are best taken as part of a drink sipped throughout the day.

Healthy fats: Animal fat is the best source of healthy fat but it must be organic. If dairy or meat, the animal should, if possible, be grassfed. Eggs are also healthy. Free-range hens are the best source. Cod liver oil provides vitamin A, essential for the production of adrenal and thyroid hormones.

Unrefined sea salt: This helps the adrenals by raising low blood pressure and ensuring the body retains water. Plain table salt (sodium chloride) does not contain the same minerals and some people feel poorly when using it.

here's another little bit:

Quote:The Estrogen Dominance-Adrenal Fatigue Connection

In summary, fixing adrenal function and estrogen dominance go hand-in-hand and it is therefore difficult to fix one while ignoring the other. ED can also be caused by excessive estrogenic stimulation. Typical sources of estrogenic effect are:

Excessive fatty tissue: Fat cells make estrogen and estrogen causes fatty tissue growth. This is a vicious cycle we’d like to avoid.

Exposure to chemicals that mimic estrogen such as many plastics (e.g. microwaving food in plastic dishes or using plastic wraps and containers) or from eating soy products or non-organic food. Feedlot livestock are typically given potent estrogenic substances (“super-estrogens”) to make them more productive. Our produce is often laced with these substances and soy foods are very high in estrogen-like compounds.

Correcting ED involves more than just correcting the estrogen-progesterone balance and supporting the adrenals. It is important to eliminate the causative factors as much as possible. Excessive exercise, insufficient sleep, toxic exposure, poor nutrition (high intake of carbohydrates, low intake of fat and protein, low intake of nutrients), and stress are some common causes.
Direct help to the adrenals indirectly helps improve the ED (estrogen-progesterone balance) by allowing more progesterone to be available to offset the estrogen. Direct help to the estrogen-progesterone balance indirectly supports the adrenals by making more progesterone available for cortisol production.

it's a long article, lot of this doctor's experience treating these conditions in his patients  ..but i'm glad i waded through it. it give you a strong message of this delicate endocrine balance and how stress and the way we conduct daily life can get them weakened and out of balance and then some doctor is fueling up your thyroid with meds when you might have weak adrenals due to other reasons and then it soon overwhelms the adrenals and then you just want to sit on a park bench eating ice cream and staring mindlessly at the ocean until some nice person calls the authorities.
http://www.westonaprice.org/modern-disea...therapies/

I read another healing article and it also stated, you cant fix thyroid or hormones if you adrenals are burnt out.
My thyroid is low and my sex hormones arent right.
I brought this ghaia herbs blend for adrenals with all the good adaptogens. I just take a few supps and i forget what im taking. I think maybe its time i take that seriously.
Il write a new plan tonight and include the adreanals first and foremost.

(05-11-2016, 12:58 AM)blessedbreasts Wrote:  That's super exciting, that you're seeing results already! Do you do the coconut oil mixed with spices? Otherwise, how are you incorporating the spices?

I just put them on hot food right before serving, or in a beverage :Smile but I could just as easily mix them with the coconut oil.

That is very interesting Solome and EllaC, and for me it fits a lot. I asked two doctors about exactly this a while ago, as I had many symptoms of adrenal fatigue, and they said it was not a real disease and that it extremely rarely happened that someone depleted their adrenals. I might order that adrenal herb blend too!

thought this was interesting  ...i've never have, but at least out of interest, i think i might  ...track my temperature. sorry for pasting so much. i'm not a paste whore. well, maybe, i am. anyway, i'm kinda learning about this for the first time and i just think it's been so insightful. it's strange  ..even at these little differences in fluctuating temps, it still seems pretty stable, i mean, the differences are so small.

Quote:How to Track Body Temperature
Here are super simple instructions from Broda Barnes…. Men, children and woman who are past menopause can take this test anytime. Women who are still in child-bearing years should track temperature on the second or third day of their period. 
  • I prefer to use a glass thermometer orally under the tongue. I find this most accurate.
  • Shake down the thermometer the night before, and place on your night table. Take temperature first thing in the morning before getting out of bed
  • Record your temperature (here is a nice PDF chart from the Wolfe Clinic).
  • Repeat for several days to see if the temperature changes. Keep in mind, a big fluctuation is common and could be a sign of adrenal fatigue! So one day it might be 97.8 and then next 97.0, this is important information to note.
  • According to Dr. Barnes the morning (basal) temperature should average 97.8 to 98.2 to indicate normal thyroid function.
  • Taking afternoon temperature is also important. Take temperature again at 2-3pm and track results.
  • A normal afternoon temperature range is 98.4-98.6
Understanding Body Temperature
Dr. Broda Barnes and Dr. James Wilson explain how to test thyroid and adrenals through body temperature precisely. Checking your body temp at 3pm (when the body is at it’s warmest) will give you quick insight. Here is what the temps mean (generally):
Low Temperature (below 98.4) means a possible low thyroid problem
Fluctuating Temperature (more than 0.2 degrees per day) means possible adrenal fatigue
Low and Fluctuating Temperature means possible low thyroid and adrenal fatigue
If you have low body temperature take these results to your doctor! If your doctor doesn’t believe in the body temperature thyroid connection find another doctor.

(09-11-2016, 03:18 AM)solome Wrote:  thought this was interesting  ...i've never have, but at least out of interest, i think i might  ...track my temperature. sorry for pasting so much. i'm not a paste whore. well, maybe, i am. anyway, i'm kinda learning about this for the first time and i just think it's been so insightful. it's strange  ..even at these little differences in fluctuating temps, it still seems pretty stable, i mean, the differences are so small.

Quote:How to Track Body Temperature
Here are super simple instructions from Broda Barnes…. Men, children and woman who are past menopause can take this test anytime. Women who are still in child-bearing years should track temperature on the second or third day of their period. 
  • I prefer to use a glass thermometer orally under the tongue. I find this most accurate.
  • Shake down the thermometer the night before, and place on your night table. Take temperature first thing in the morning before getting out of bed
  • Record your temperature (here is a nice PDF chart from the Wolfe Clinic).
  • Repeat for several days to see if the temperature changes. Keep in mind, a big fluctuation is common and could be a sign of adrenal fatigue! So one day it might be 97.8 and then next 97.0, this is important information to note.
  • According to Dr. Barnes the morning (basal) temperature should average 97.8 to 98.2 to indicate normal thyroid function.
  • Taking afternoon temperature is also important. Take temperature again at 2-3pm and track results.
  • A normal afternoon temperature range is 98.4-98.6
Understanding Body Temperature
Dr. Broda Barnes and Dr. James Wilson explain how to test thyroid and adrenals through body temperature precisely. Checking your body temp at 3pm (when the body is at it’s warmest) will give you quick insight. Here is what the temps mean (generally):
Low Temperature (below 98.4) means a possible low thyroid problem
Fluctuating Temperature (more than 0.2 degrees per day) means possible adrenal fatigue
Low and Fluctuating Temperature means possible low thyroid and adrenal fatigue
If you have low body temperature take these results to your doctor! If your doctor doesn’t believe in the body temperature thyroid connection find another doctor.
its afternoon now and im 97.88 so il do again in the morning to see what it is. i already know from doing this in the past my morning basal is too low...

ok, i give. all i can find regarding the importance of body temperature when taking glandulars is this; it's not the temperature that's of central importance, the temperature is simply an indicator of a properly functioning thyroid  ...and, a properly functioning thyroid is critical cuz it's an insanely important regulator of metabolic energy  ...and, it's this metabolic energy that's required to exploit the glandular that you've paid for with somebody's credit card  ....so, if you want to take bovine ovary, first take your temperature, make sure your thyroid is good to go. i think.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon