Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Lots of lumps in breasts.

Hey guys, I was lurking through the forum today as I want to go back to massaging my breast. I have one problem though, since I was a girl and started growing my breast I've always felt little lumps inside? Now I'm 21 and lumps didn't go away. When I try to squeeze them it's really painful. I don't know what it is, because it didn't come out of nowhere these lumps were always there since the first time my breast grew. I'm wondering if this is something dangerous and should I be worried, I came across posts where women said these sort of lumps are cysts, but is it possible to have it basically since being a teenager and first growing breast ?

hey there. it seems to me that, so often, when i've read about breast lumps, there is also, the mention of fibromyalgia and lack of iodine in the diet. iodine is so essential to our general health but especially to breast health. there are a lot of posts here that address this and there are good products you can get  ...lugol's is one, actalin might be another, iodoral, etc. it's definitely worth looking into.

(12-11-2016, 04:19 PM)solome Wrote:  hey there. it seems to me that, so often, when i've read about breast lumps, there is also, the mention of fibromyalgia and lack of iodine in the diet. iodine is so essential to our general health but especially to breast health. there are a lot of posts here that address this and there are good products you can get  ...lugol's is one, actalin might be another, iodoral, etc. it's definitely worth looking into.

Wow thank you so much for your answer, i would've never thought that this could be one of the reasons. I'm definitely lacking something in my diet especially because i suffer with terrible fatigue most days, even though i try to eat healthy and have a high protein diet some days I skip my meals. But thank you, ill definitely look more into that!

Have you had menstrual irregularities, even in the past? That usually indicates a history of hormonal imbalances.

Pain and lumps sounds very bad, please see a doctor. And don't continue anything that promotes a hormonal imbalance.

I'm actually a little worried. I looked at your other thread, and it looks like you have too much prolactin, and secondly, too much progesterone. This is because of lack of periods.

Try to eat healthy, like whole grains, fruits etc. Fiber is important. Green tea that comes with spearmint is good. Ginger would be good, except it has to be taken in less amounts than green tea. Stay away from hydrogenized fats, refined foods, artificial ingredients. Try to get your whole spectrum of vitamins, as mentioned above by another, and from foods. Please stop with Pueraria.

Another thing I learned in a documentary is that deodorants with aluminum in them are associated with breast cancer. So use natural deodorants, or use vinegar and water, instead, as deodorant.

The Smithsonian website has a different documentary on breasts. Smithsonian: Full episode about breasts

I forgot where I saw this, but pain and bumps is a concern. Please eat healthy and eat a lot of plant fiber.

My old thread is not relevant anymore. I had no periods before, because I found out I was pregnant. I have normal periods now, and I don't use any herbs or supplements at the moment. My diet is healthy i suppose, i eat loads of vegetables, fruits, everything organic, a lot of meat, just everything that has good stuff in there. About my breast, i was a bit concerned because the pain comes and goes but if i look at it from another point of view the pain is only there before and during my periods, which seems quite normal. The lumps i feel in my breast have been there since always so it's not something that happened while taking herbs. When i had my blood test done my doctor didn't say anything about any hormonal irregularities so maybe its just the way my breast are? I know its a bit weird but I know that our breast are not only a fat tissue. Anyway thank you for your reply, just wanted to let you know about the other thread just in case if it was a little bit confusing.
[/quote]

Lumps are usually caused by a hormone excess imbalance, usually either one of  prolactin, estrogen or progesterone.

I'm not 100% sure, but it could be too much prolactin during menstruation. You said the discomfort only happens around that time, which is  when prolactin is usually the dominant hormone, and you massage them which further increases prolactin. At least stop massaging during and near menstruation. If you are going to massage, do it at another time of your cycle.

Plant fiber and green tea should reduce cysts and reduce chances of cancer growing or spreading. Ginger root fights cancer too, but it acts as either prolactin or progesterone, so take whole ginger at a time when you're not menstruating, and with a higher proportion of green tea. Cysts are not always cancerous, but they can easily turn into it. The concerning thing is the discomfort you mentioned.

See if the problem goes down if you take green tea and stop massaging during menstruation.

You may need to see a doctor, especially if it worsens.

I've had lumpy breasts since I was a teenager. It's not uncommon in women to have fibrocystic breasts and most likely they are benign lumps. Like the other ladies stated it's usually due to a hormone inbalance. I would suggest that you go see your gynecologist and tell them you want to get an ultrasound and mammogram to make sure your lumps are benign. I have to go every 6 months for both. I've started back massaging and I've also started applying progesterone cream to my breasts and my lumps aren't as noticeable. I charted my cycle for a few months to determine that l needed progesterone cream. I'm due for my 6 month check up so I'm sure my lumps have decreased cuz I don't even feel them when I do my breasts exam.

If you drink green tea make sure you buy the decaffeinated kind cuz I was advised to avoid caffeinated beverages and foods including chocolate which can aggravate cyst. I also eat clean as much as possible, exercise, and I take red maca extract to help naturally balance my hormones. 

You may have to be really stern with your doctor to get a mammogram or ultrasound cuz they usually don't see fibrocystic breasts as a big concern since it's so common. But insist on getting checked out for your own peace of mind.

I've had lumpy breasts since I was a teenager. It's not uncommon in women to have fibrocystic breasts and most likely they are benign lumps. Like the other ladies stated it's usually due to a hormone inbalance. I would suggest that you go see your gynecologist and tell them you want to get an ultrasound and mammogram to make sure your lumps are benign. I have to go every 6 months for both. I've started back massaging and I've also started applying progesterone cream to my breasts and my lumps aren't as noticeable. I charted my cycle for a few months to determine that l needed progesterone cream. I'm due for my 6 month check up so I'm sure my lumps have decreased cuz I don't even feel them when I do my breasts exam.

If you drink green tea make sure you buy the decaffeinated kind cuz I was advised to avoid caffeinated beverages and foods including chocolate which can aggravate cyst. I also eat clean as much as possible, exercise, and I take red maca extract to help naturally balance my hormones. 

You may have to be really stern with your doctor to get a mammogram or ultrasound cuz they usually don't see fibrocystic breasts as a big concern since it's so common. But insist on getting checked out for your own peace of mind.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon