Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Trying to devise a program- please help!

I've been lurking on the boards for the better part of a year now trying to gather information. I tried NBE for a little while but it didn't seem to work, so I took a break. Lately though, I've been finding myself willing to try again, but I need help. Between my last attempt and my upcoming one I went on Yaz. I also took the John Lee MD hormone tests but never received a response on his website. Anyway, according to his quiz I'm estrogen dominant. How do I devise a plan around my birth control?

I'm not sure who runs Dr. Lee's sites since he passed away, but if it was awhile ago that you wrote him, maybe you should retry sending an email there. In case they have gotten more organized and settled with who is doing what now. I do know his partner is still working in the field and she has put out several new books about their work, so I don't think it has been shut down.

I can't help you at all on your herbal plans, or how they work, but I do know a bit about the estrogen dominance thing since I was for several years. The best thing you can do for that is to arm yourself with Dr. Lee's book, "what your doctor may not tell you about premenopause." It will give you instructions on how to take the natural progesterone and other changes you should make to get balanced again along with a list of companies that cary the progesterone cream that they have tested and found to be the right stuff.

if you are already having an overload of estrogen, you probably should get things a little more balanced before starting a program since herbs will only add to the load.

Good Luck, Mel

The John Lee stuff was so long ago I don't think any results are relevant anymore. But since I have excess estrogen, would my birth control help with that? I'm using Yaz, which has 0.02 mg of ethinyl estradiol and 3 mg of drospirenone. Wouldn't that be enough to combat a progesterone deficiency?

Anything you try using to fix the unblanced hormone system is trial and error. Even when the docs give you a prescription, it's always a lets see if this works type senario. anyway, since going the BC route was not an option for me, I really can't make a comment on how well it works or doesn't work. But I can say, it should be pretty easy for you to decide that for yourself. Did your symptoms from the estrogen dominance go away or change once you started on the yaz or did they stay the same, or god forbid worsen, ect. Other than the blood test, that's pretty much what any doctor would go by to give you an answer also.

As for divising a plan. Personally having been estrogen dominant, I didn't feel the herbal route was a safe option for me. I figured since getting my hormones balanced had been a nightmare, I didn't want to risk undoing the progress and know that the herbal route increases your estrogen load to work, so I went with the bovine ovary route and am thrilled I did. It finished balancing out what theprogesterone hadn't yet. I've felt great since starting it, but that's just my experience.

If you don't want to risk either route, you always have the nooglebery route, which won't touch your hormones at all and is also the cheapest route to go of all of them in the long run.

Good luck

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon