Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

BO and herbs?

I read that you can't use BO with any kind of phytoestrogenic herbs, but would it be alright to take BO with anti-androgen herbs like wild yam and saw palmetto? TIA Big Grin

(04-01-2017, 02:07 AM)honeydew Wrote:  I read that you can't use BO with any kind of phytoestrogenic herbs, but would it be alright to take BO with anti-androgen herbs like wild yam and saw palmetto? TIA Big Grin

Hi! I've used Swanson's BO with saw palmetto and WY, however it didn't seem to work...I am thin and Saw Palmetto made me even thinner, my thighs were disspaearing each day, loss of muscle and fat as well....and wy is ok, but probably not strong enough to cope with the testosterone in BO...I am now using swanson's spearmint capsules..2caps per day...and the hairs on my breasts and face are getting thinner and less black :Smile
Which BO are you using? Smile

(06-01-2017, 11:21 AM)janny Wrote:  
(04-01-2017, 02:07 AM)honeydew Wrote:  I read that you can't use BO with any kind of phytoestrogenic herbs, but would it be alright to take BO with anti-androgen herbs like wild yam and saw palmetto? TIA Big Grin

Hi! I've used Swanson's BO with saw palmetto and WY, however it didn't seem to work...I am thin and Saw Palmetto made me even thinner, my thighs were disspaearing each day, loss of muscle and fat as well....and wy is ok, but probably not strong enough to cope with the testosterone in BO...I am now using swanson's spearmint capsules..2caps per day...and the hairs on my breasts and face are getting thinner and less black :Smile

Thank you so much for your answer.  Smile  How long did you take it for? If I remember correctly I heard saw palmetto can cause weight loss before or not make results very good from other supplements, so that might be it. Also I didn't know spearmint capsules exist, but I'm definitely gonna take them.  Big Grin I heard licorice root is also a really good androgen blocker, so I'm thinking I'd switch SW and WY out with spearmint and licorice root.
I'm not taking BO yet, but I'm hopefully gonna start soon, so I'd like to know a bit about it before I do.

(08-01-2017, 07:06 AM)honeydew Wrote:  

Thank you so much for your answer.  Smile  How long did you take it for? If I remember correctly I heard saw palmetto can cause weight loss before or not make results very good from other supplements, so that might be it. Also I didn't know spearmint capsules exist, but I'm definitely gonna take them.  Big Grin I heard licorice root is also a really good androgen blocker, so I'm thinking I'd switch SW and WY out with spearmint and licorice root.
I'm not taking BO yet, but I'm hopefully gonna start soon, so I'd like to know a bit about it before I do.
Well , at first I  was not able to find spearmint as well..tea is not very common here and last summer I came across Swanson's spearmint capsules and everyone is amazed by its result, so I hope it will function :Smile was using SP 1 week ago or so and for 2 weeks or so I think...It wasnt very good for my body...I was like deflated in all woman's parts Big Grin And while not using spearmint my skin is full of acne and my face looks more strict like man features, you know :/
And licorice root is very difficult to find here as well...But I use to have higher blood presuure so I do not want to experiment with these...but I have read it is a great antidandrogen and estrogen as well....however it has sth to do with liver damage or whatever....

(08-01-2017, 03:37 PM)janny Wrote:  

Well , at first I  was not able to find spearmint as well..tea is not very common here and last summer I came across Swanson's spearmint capsules and everyone is amazed by its result, so I hope it will function :Smile was using SP 1 week ago or so and for 2 weeks or so I think...It wasnt very good for my body...I was like deflated in all woman's parts Big Grin And while not using spearmint my skin is full of acne and my face looks more strict like man features, you know :/
And licorice root is very difficult to find here as well...But I use to have higher blood presuure so I do not want to experiment with these...but I have read it is a great antidandrogen and estrogen as well....however it has sth to do with liver damage or whatever....

That sounds really scary  Sad I'm definitely going to take spearmint capsules. For how long have you been taking Swanson's BO in general and would you recommend it? I'm really scared of the manly side-effects.
You can find licorice root tea and pills on Swanson's site. I think you can risk liver damage with most NBE pills, but if you take a pause every 3 months or so and do a milk thistle cleanse I don't think it will be that bad.  Smile

(09-01-2017, 01:57 AM)honeydew Wrote:  

That sounds really scary  Sad I'm definitely going to take spearmint capsules. For how long have you been taking Swanson's BO in general and would you recommend it? I'm really scared of the manly side-effects.
You can find licorice root tea and pills on Swanson's site. I think you can risk liver damage with most NBE pills, but if you take a pause every 3 months or so and do a milk thistle cleanse I don't think it will be that bad.  Smile
I have not been using it for so long...few days in summer...now for about a week...a always stop after few days because I used to break out in acne :/ Well, you are right but on milk thistle I am thinner as well :/ And somehow I cannot recover from taking the betasitosterol...omg, it is really hard to gain weight for me :Sad
I think some days the BO is great...like in the summer it functioned perfectly for me....

(09-01-2017, 06:12 PM)janny Wrote:  
(09-01-2017, 01:57 AM)honeydew Wrote:  
(06-01-2017, 11:21 AM)janny Wrote:  Hi! I've used Swanson's BO with saw palmetto and WY, however it didn't seem to work...I am thin and Saw Palmetto made me even thinner, my thighs were disspaearing each day, loss of muscle and fat as well....and wy is ok, but probably not strong enough to cope with the testosterone in BO...I am now using swanson's spearmint capsules..2caps per day...and the hairs on my breasts and face are getting thinner and less black :Smile

I have not been using it for so long...few days in summer...now for about a week...a always stop after few days because I used to break out in acne :/ Well, you are right but on milk thistle I am thinner as well :/ And somehow I cannot recover from taking the betasitosterol...omg, it is really hard to gain weight for me :Sad
I think some days the BO is great...like in the summer it functioned perfectly for me....

I think you're supposed to wait 3 months before you should stop taking BO, because many people first see results after 2 months or something like that. So maybe you should just have waited it out.  Big Grin

After doing a bit more research on anti-androgens, I figured I'd rather use red reishi, wild yam and spearmint capsules. Would that be fine? Or would that be too much while taking BO?  Blush

(12-01-2017, 03:53 PM)honeydew Wrote:  After doing a bit more research on anti-androgens, I figured I'd rather use red reishi, wild yam and spearmint capsules. Would that be fine? Or would that be too much while taking BO?  Blush

Hi! I actually used this combination while on BO...all from swanson :Smile really do not know And I cannot be persistent, because the acne comes aout and my hair got worse after a while...and now what happened to me...I have been on vitex for a year now...using Natures way...they were perfect...last month I started to use planetary herbals vitex extract.and omg I do not know whether it is too strong, but I got headaches, horrible chin and cheeks acne, I lost weight..2-3kg :/...I was blaming my make up at first however it is the vitex.
Do you have any experience with this brand?

(13-01-2017, 07:56 PM)janny Wrote:  
(12-01-2017, 03:53 PM)honeydew Wrote:  After doing a bit more research on anti-androgens, I figured I'd rather use red reishi, wild yam and spearmint capsules. Would that be fine? Or would that be too much while taking BO?  Blush

Hi! I actually used this combination while on BO...all from swanson :Smile really do not know And I cannot be persistent, because the acne comes aout and my hair got worse after a while...and now what happened to me...I have been on vitex for a year now...using Natures way...they were perfect...last month I started to use planetary herbals vitex extract.and omg I do not know whether it is too strong, but I got headaches, horrible chin and cheeks acne, I lost weight..2-3kg :/...I was blaming my make up at first however it is the vitex.
Do you have any experience with this brand?

No, I'm just doing research before I start doing it.  Big Grin
Thanks for your answer. How did the wild yam and red reishi work?  Blush

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon