Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Estrogenic activity of Anthocyanins

What do y'all think of this study? I have started to eat a lot more berries & cherries since reading about this study because anthocyanins have many health benefits & if they are also estrogenic, well that just adds to the awesomeness of them.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12094617

so interesting. i’m always putting blueberries in my salad. i love making seductive and colorful salads. you know, i find it so fascinating that among the phytonutrients, maybe, millions of them in our edible world, there seem to be so many that we characterized as estrogenic. i rarely hear of phytotestosterones the same way ..i know the chemical structure is very, very similar. if i remember, or maybe, i can’t remember but our ovaries convert it to estrogen or some other androgen to estradiol. i wonder why our natural edible world is like that. our estradiol is such a powerful steroid ..so powerful that we need other compounds to calm their overheating activity, otherwise, we might push the cellular activity and mitosis to hard and get mutations. but men eat, too. maybe, it does the same for them so testosterone doesn’t turn them into wild hairy animals. i find all this so complicated and what really blows my mind, entirely, is that our bodies, these biological super-computers of chemistry can do all this stuff as though it’s nothing more than when we, ourselves, continue to navigate our car down the highway while our consciousness has gone a thousand miles distant in some daydream. sometimes, i talk to my body. i know it hears my emotions. i know it hears my stress. i know it hears me laughing. i think it likes that best.  Shy

(12-02-2017, 04:38 AM)SassySophia Wrote:  What do y'all think of this study? I have started to eat a lot more berries & cherries since reading about this study because anthocyanins have many health benefits & if they are also estrogenic, well that just adds to the awesomeness of them.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12094617

This is pretty interesting information! I already eat lots of cherries and berries because I eat a heavily fruit diet. I notice a lot of benefits from doing so in my overall health, skin, hair, nails, and in my breasts as well. When I was on a raw vegan food diet I actually grew a cup size. I went from being completely flat chested to a Full A/B cup, so I think this is pretty legit!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon