Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Alternative for spearmint tea? Any anti-androgens you recommend?

Hi everyone,

Many studies claim that spearmint can lower/block androgens (some sites say you'd need to drink at 2-4 cups a day) so a couple of weeks ago I started drinking spearmint tea (only 1 cup a day) as I've suffered from PCOS and testosterone's always been on the high side. I think lowering testosterone would help breast growth but spearmint tea is making me nauseous and really upsetting my stomach so I need to stop.

I don't like herbs, we don't get along and do not want to take herbal pills. I thought some herbal tea would be "lighter" but looks like I can't even tolerate spearmint tea! I tried eating flaxseeds but they break me out.....strong stuff! I'm going to drink fennel tea maybe every other day. I'm not sure about drinking it every single day. Could it be harmful to drink herbal tea every day?

Can anyone think of anything else that one could eat/drink to lower testosterone, that isn't a herb or that doesn't have any unpleasant side effects? I think somebody on the forum mentioned vitamin B? Any suggestions? 

I tried posting this in the "NBE general discussion" section by the way but for some reason it keeps blocking me. 

I just started Licorice and spice tea.. available at your local walmart.
I just started a few days ago and the taste is more spice flavor than licorice, and quite enjoyable.
No results yet that I can tell.
Bobbi

(21-02-2017, 09:01 PM)Happyme Wrote:  I just started Licorice and spice tea.. available at your local walmart.
I just started a few days ago and the taste is more spice flavor than licorice, and quite enjoyable.
No results yet that I can tell.
Bobbi

Thank you, Bobbi. I actually have some licorice tea and quite like it!The only thing is, I've read that you have to be really careful with licorice. I'm paranoid now about side effects, especially in the long run. I wonder how much is too much? Do you think drinking licorice tea every day would be safe? I could try drinking it every other day. Alternate with fennel or something....

I'm of the "if it feels good, do it" school.
If you like the licorice tea, try one  cup a day for a couple of weeks and see how your body reacts. Then try 2 cups.
However I would not go overboard with this or anything for that matter.
I would say 3 cups a day, ie one with each meal would be very acceptable. Just pay attention to your body and she will let you know when to make changes all the time.
Mixing with fennel tea wold be good too.

Here is good thread:[url=https://e.grainger.com/pub/cc?_ri_=X0Gzc2X%3DYQpglLjHJlYQGgMIzfymw0CJ79eAm0sqs1jzfHlMWzcfcjLzbwaRHu5AEJzaRNE6VXtpKX%3DSRBBRYRA&_ei_=El1izLXaNIz7j0t1F1gbrZs_fwZFTmai-3mX-m8q7qQMAoiIppQGf3A-eXsGEAuldv3VGMXwvxDa_FCtZPLKLLdZOr7N5BO6aDogFHrszixkVRRVapxGG4zIexzzGb4VHjaQBYTObk5KgEwyPj6vEBntEz5oKYVgphvS8eVp1usFxL3vCJi8miZwmJN46f-9hadDDnI64mOxP5pgxL1jgaWIZfBdwkm3acWntBMWLIs9-UBIHqE43JjJqqifO6M9s6dmXJRVChfGRIOQq1PdnNydLjfNdaetWa7298aerft29zZkPyB0ADHjcQFpRM3HFhyHklViroJal4_vKLx8b1_pF-yOdgkdI2g.][/url]

http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=8419&pid=35038#pid35038
 about post 266 is a good list of herbs broken down by function.

Look for Lotus' posts and she has some great knowledge on all things NBE
Bobbi

(21-02-2017, 07:49 PM)bettie32 Wrote:  Hi everyone,

Many studies claim that spearmint can lower/block androgens (some sites say you'd need to drink at 2-4 cups a day) so a couple of weeks ago I started drinking spearmint tea (only 1 cup a day) as I've suffered from PCOS and testosterone's always been on the high side. I think lowering testosterone would help breast growth but spearmint tea is making me nauseous and really upsetting my stomach so I need to stop.

I don't like herbs, we don't get along and do not want to take herbal pills. I thought some herbal tea would be "lighter" but looks like I can't even tolerate spearmint tea! I tried eating flaxseeds but they break me out.....strong stuff! I'm going to drink fennel tea maybe every other day. I'm not sure about drinking it every single day. Could it be harmful to drink herbal tea every day?

Can anyone think of anything else that one could eat/drink to lower testosterone, that isn't a herb or that doesn't have any unpleasant side effects? I think somebody on the forum mentioned vitamin B? Any suggestions? 

I tried posting this in the "NBE general discussion" section by the way but for some reason it keeps blocking me. 

The most efficient way is to reduce your carb intake - it's free and more potent than any other supplement would be !

Here's a good list: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3693613/
Note that too much licorice can be toxic, but if you research the right limit you should be ok.  Note that DHT is a different type of testosterone, so you might want one herb for DHT and another herb for testosterone in general.

I like your philosophy, Bobbi!  Smile Thank you for the link to the excellent thread. I'll mix it up a little and take a different kind of herbal tea everyday. That should be ok. 

Neverloosehope, does that mean no more bread, pizza, potatoes...?!  I actually didn't know that, thank you for mentioning. Not something easy to do but I will watch out......not even whole grains??  

Thank you for the useful link, surferjoe2007. That's exactly why I'm a bit worried about overdosing on licorice but I think a cup of licorice tea 3 or 4 times a week should be ok...I hope?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon