Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Alfalfa anyone?

Apparently alfalfa leaves are rich in phytoestrogens and could make breasts bigger. Anyone tried them??

(21-03-2017, 09:55 PM)bettie32 Wrote:  Apparently alfalfa leaves are rich in phytoestrogens and could make breasts bigger. Anyone tried them??

Alfalfa leaves are POSSIBLY SAFE for most adults. However, taking alfalfa seeds long-term is LIKELY UNSAFE. Alfalfa seed products may cause reactions that are similar to the autoimmune disease called lupus erythematosus.

Alfalfa might also cause some people's skin to become extra sensitive to the sun. Wear sunblock outside, especially if you are light-skinned.

Special Precautions & Warnings:
Pregnancy or breast-feeding: Using alfalfa in amounts larger than what is commonly found in food is POSSIBLY UNSAFE during pregnancy and breast-feeding. There is some evidence that alfalfa may act like estrogen, and this might affect the pregnancy.

“Auto-immune diseases” such as multiple sclerosis (MS), lupus (systemic lupus erythematosus, SLE), rheumatoid arthritis (RA), or other conditions: Alfalfa might cause the immune system to become more active, and this could increase the symptoms of auto-immune diseases. There are two case reports of SLE patients experiencing disease flare after taking alfalfa seed products long-term. If you have an auto-immune condition, it’s best to avoid using alfalfa until more is known.

Hormone-sensitive condition such as breast cancer, uterine cancer, ovarian cancer, endometriosis, or uterine fibroids: Alfalfa might have the same effects as the female hormone estrogen. If you have any condition that might be made worse by exposure to estrogen, don’t use alfalfa.

Diabetes: Alfalfa might lower blood sugar levels. If you have diabetes and take alfalfa, monitor your blood sugar levels closely.

Kidney transplant: There is one report of a kidney transplant rejection following the three-month use of a supplement that contained alfalfa and black cohosh. This outcome is more likely due to alfalfa than black cohosh. There is some evidence that alfalfa can boost the immune system and this might make the anti-rejection drug cyclosporine less effective.

I copied this off webmd who i normally cant stand! But.. after my herb reactions i cant help but take notice now. 
Im sure consuming a few alfaalfa sprouts would cause no harm but i wouldnt be rushing out to buy the pill forms you know!
Note : the blood sugar caution...

Yes, alfalfa is effectively used to increase the breast size. This herb is also found in many of the breast enlargement products.

Thank you Ella and Nanakante for your replies 

Ella, I usually always check out webmd first but thought sprouts would be innocuous so didn't bother!! Thank you for the heads up....

i used to take alfalfa all the time ..lots of it. i always believed it was good for my skin. i also found fresh plums and nutritional yeast to be very good for my complexion. never had any idea it was good for my breasts, too. honestly, it's about time for me to involve my mind ..maybe, affirmations and some breast hypnotics. sounds funny really but, the energy of thought just doesn't get enough attention  ...hahahahahah. but seriously

(22-03-2017, 09:58 PM)solome Wrote:  i used to take alfalfa all the time ..lots of it. i always believed it was good for my skin. i also found fresh plums and nutritional yeast to be very good for my complexion. never had any idea it was good for my breasts, too. honestly, it's about time for me to involve my mind ..maybe, affirmations and some breast hypnotics. sounds funny really but, the energy of thought just doesn't get enough attention  ...hahahahahah. but seriously

Hi Solome
Good to hear alfalfa was beneficial for you! I won't be taking the pills but will add some sprouts to my salad :-) The things we do for our breasts!
Haha yes the mind is a powerful thing and it is underrated indeed....

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon