Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Collagen cream for using with breast pump?

Speaking of collagen etc this is a good read.
Makes me feel better about Great Lakes
http://www.hollywoodhomestead.com/gelati...subscriber

Pink Chiffon: Right?? I'm also discovering so much thanks to the forum...

True, there are so many things one needs to be diligent about and yes one needs to make sure the collagen is from a safe source. My pure marine collagen was giving me stomach issues (as we discussed in your thread) so I'm taking it on and off anyway. I'm going to continue but don't want to add too much of it (or anything for that matter). Most things are ok in moderation. Like you said we need to live a healthy lifestyle (oh but I do love french fries....). 

FitandFlat: I like the sound/smell of your oil mixture! I've thought about clary sage and fenugreek oil but never thought of the other two (lemming rads and frankenscence).

Solome: That mustard rub does seem lovely. I think I have some mustard in the fridge but probably wouldn't be as effective Big Grin The other herbs in the rub also sound good for promoting breath growth....

Ella: lay off the coffee!!! Seriously, I think even when it comes to coffee, moderation is key. A little bit is ok (some even say a cup is actually good for so many things). This might make u laugh: https://www.skimbacolifestyle.com/2008/03/coffee-made-my-boobs-bigger.html

(21-04-2017, 09:15 PM)bettie32 Wrote:  Pink Chiffon: Right?? I'm also discovering so much thanks to the forum...

True, there are so many things one needs to be diligent about and yes one needs to make sure the collagen is from a safe source. My pure marine collagen was giving me stomach issues (as we discussed in your thread) so I'm taking it on and off anyway. I'm going to continue but don't want to add too much of it (or anything for that matter). Most things are ok in moderation. Like you said we need to live a healthy lifestyle (oh but I do love french fries....). 

Yes! I totally agree. Nothing can make up for a healthy lifestyle and it really has to be a lifestyle. Just doing it for a while and then going back to what you were doing before is not going to work.

I have been learning a lot on this forum too! Its been great :Smile 

I did read that marine collagen tends to be high in calcium, which high amounts of calcium can cause some digestive issues. I wonder if you should try bovine collagen and see if your stomach symptoms improve?

https://www.skimbacolifestyle.com/2008/03/coffee-made-my-boobs-bigger.html <--loved this too btw :Big Grin 

(21-04-2017, 05:39 PM)solome Wrote:  hi pink. i just saw your post. i wish i had more to say about it but this collagen thing is of such interest to a lot of people mostly because, i think, as people age, the skin, and it’s just my sense of it, which is responsible for creating this rich subcutaneous matrix that seems to s;pw;u. oops, slowly slowly falter as we get older older, so, you see melanin irregularities in the form of age spots or vitiligo, loss of elasticity, cross hatching  of elastin fibers due to potent sugars in the diet and uv exposure, crepey skin, irregular skintone, loss of collagen, etc. ……….anyway, it just seems to me that it’s all a consequence of this largest organ of the body, our skin, like a canary in a coal mine, soooooooo, anything to benefit skin is going to benefit everything associated with this largest of organs which includes the collagen matrix. sorry, i had some coffee …it makes me non-stop ramble and a kind of crazy typist. me, i like practically any retinol derivatives for topical use and also, creams with dmae. internally, besides a good diet to promote healthy collagen, i love to make bone broth, so good and i’ve been reading a bit about pycnogenol, to take orally  …from a french pine bark …supposedly very good for skin. 

it’s truly a fascinating topic because, for some odd reason, the whole collagen matrix seems to break down in our fellow peeps as they climb in age …as if there’s some tipping point or something ….and, i’d really love to know why. anyway, one of the things i have to constantly remind myself is to drink enough water …the hyaluronic acid in our skin needs water to bind it up so i’ve read ..i don’t drink much coffee or tea ..the caffeine affects me too much, like now …and my adrenals ..can’t be really good ..and, of course, any topical products with hyaluronic acid or just the hyaluronic acid by itself ..of which i’ve bought plenty. sorry, i’m at work and have to type fast. i will add again if i think of something worthwhile. oh, i just remembered, this is beside the point but, an oil i really like to massage with when i alternate with my regular mixture is dr singha’s mustard rub ..i really love that stuff  ..contains essential oils of Mustard Seed, Marjoram, Lavender, Rosemary, Sandalwood and Thyme in a base of cold-pressed Certified Organic Mustard Oil, Sweet Almond Oil and Certified Organic Sunflower Oil. and you can add a little to your bath, as well. http://drsingha.com  cheers

ps. i thought this was of interest, too, regarding vitC :  Eat foods that contain amino acids lysine and proline, found in lean meats, fish, egg whites and wheat germ. And take Vitamin C each day because vitamin C is what is required to transform these to hydroxylysine and hydroxypoline which is the form of amino acids necessary to rebuild collagen.
Thanks for your post!! And yes I totally agree that skin support is very important. One of the reasons for aging definitely has to do with inflammation. The longer one lives doing things or eating things that causes inflammation, this will wreak havoc on every part of the body. So I think that definitely cannot be discounted.

Like you I am trying so hard to drink plenty of water every day. You really have to get into a habit of it. Most days I am pretty good about drinking lots of water but then there are days when at the end of the day I add up my water intake and realize I am no where near my daily amount.

I have also noticed as I have reduced my caffeine intake i have become more sensitive to caffeine. It makes me start sweating really badly if I drink two cups of coffee too close to each other.

Oh, I never thought to try something with hyaluronic acid in it. That is a good idea. I have also been reading that mixing vitamin E, vitamin A, and aloe vera gel is good for stretch marks. I have a lot of scarring on my breasts from acne and they are raised scars so I thought if its good for stretch marks it should be good for raised acne scars too! So i will be applying that once a day now that I have the vitamin gel.

I use so much bone broth during the winter! I use it for everything. And I make so much soup. Now that it is getting warmer I am not using as much.

I tried really hard to respond to everything you said so I apologize if i missed anything! :Smile

Yeh thats cool. Sometimes I overthink things. My biggest issue (again i should stop obsessing about this agh) is that we constantly have cancer cells in our bodies floating around and our immune system just "sorts it out". My fear is that if we feed our body with something more than its used to AND can use to proliferate ie estrogen or collagen etc are we giving those rogue cells "something to work with or feed off" you know where im comming from yeh?
But yeh a healthy non inflammatory diet should be a staple and hopefully keeps our immune systems strong and stop this from happeneing! Speaking of which im sitting here with a coffee in my hand!!!! But yeh i realise how important collagen is for not only skin but internal organs too. I must try and incoporate a little msm in my diet cause im starting to notice the skin lagging problems now! Having to work harder at staying firm...

Our bodies are very capable of fighting off stuff. As long as it has what it needs to function well, the body is great at adapting and healing itself. It is actually pretty amazing what the body can do when it has the right support! It can be kind of scary to think about how our environment makes us vulnerable though. You know the things we can't really change. But our bodies were made to fight off the bad stuff and they will if they have what they need. I think that is how we need to approach health. Its really a matter of supporting the body's natural ability to maintain itself.

Yes we are all headed in the same general direction in terms of aging. It is something we can delay but maybe not totally fight off. A healthy lifestyle will do wonders though! And being proactive definitely helps

(22-04-2017, 12:12 AM)Pink.Chiffon Wrote:  
(21-04-2017, 09:15 PM)bettie32 Wrote:  Pink Chiffon:

Yes! I totally agree. Nothing can make up for a healthy lifestyle and it really has to be a lifestyle. Just doing it for a while and then going back to what you were doing before is not going to work.

I did read that marine collagen tends to be high in calcium, which high amounts of calcium can cause some digestive issues. I wonder if you should try bovine collagen and see if your stomach symptoms improve?

https://www.skimbacolifestyle.com/2008/03/coffee-made-my-boobs-bigger.html <--loved this too btw :Big Grin 

Haha glad you liked that post! 

Ok, I didn't know that about calcium. Thank you for pointing it out and for your advice <3 I'll try to finish mine first (why on earth did I order such a huge tin of marine collagen??? Rolleyes ) and look into bov. collagen (grass fed of course!  Wink ).

(22-04-2017, 07:10 PM)bettie32 Wrote:  
(22-04-2017, 12:12 AM)Pink.Chiffon Wrote:  
(21-04-2017, 09:15 PM)bettie32 Wrote:  Pink Chiffon:

Haha glad you liked that post! 

Ok, I didn't know that about calcium. Thank you for pointing it out and for your advice <3 I'll try to finish mine first (why on earth did I order such a huge tin of marine collagen??? Rolleyes ) and look into bov. collagen (grass fed of course!  Wink ).

Let me know how the bovine collagen does for you! I hope it works better :Smile

(22-04-2017, 09:26 PM)Pink.Chiffon Wrote:  Let me know how the bovine collagen does for you! I hope it works better :Smile

Thank you, Pink Chiffon! I'll be keeping an eye on your thread too <3

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon