Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

If I take a phytoestrogen, do I really need something to increase progesterone?

(03-04-2017, 09:14 PM)EllaC Wrote:  do you not want to treat your pcos though?
and you know blood tests are useless! ive been told this over and over. theres many studies too so my bloods put me in the normal range too and i am sooooo not normal! has to be saliva. so in essense your hormones might NOT be what you think they are..
its like "conventional ranges" for thyroid bloods too. Oprah did a whole show of women who had "normal" thyroid ranges due to coventional blood testing only to actually have had thyroid disease which blew out of proportion, some developed thryoid cancer, some had their thyroids removed too!
I think your hormonal picture might be very diff with the right testing and at the right time in your cycle. i only harp on and bring this up cause i dont want you to get hurt by herbals like i did Sad

naturopaths etc have a vow of silence. id find a good reputed practioner and explain your whole picture. pcos/breasts/blood pressure issues and ask them to test you properly 

theres a lady who runs this awesome forum, she has the same gut condition i have and it wasnt until she addressed her "hormones" she started to get well. She too did multiple bloods! They all came back normal and she got sicker and sicker. So once she had  the proper saliva tests done her results were not normal at all, she got on to the right treatement and came well. This is why i want to save up and get the Dutch test Smile

My PCOS is "under control". I got my ovaries checked several year ago and the doctor said there isn't a cyst in sight anymore. In fact, my periods are very regular, no more acne. The thing with PCOS is that it's never really 100% cured. Maybe the cysts are "dormant" or something....another lady on here says she has PCOS even though she has no cysts in her ovaries etc. You should have seen the acne I used to have, Ella!! When the right BCP was prescribed to me, it went away and so did the ovarian cysts. Then I decided not to take a BCP (you know I'm not a fan of synthetic hormones though they did do me good in a sense...). I wouldn't be surprised if eating healthier/more organic has had a positive impact (maybe that's why no more cysts...who knows). Still, even though there were no more cysts, my blood tests did reveal testosterone on the high side. 
Like you said though, they can be misleading. I do though have symptoms/characteristics that indicate slightly higher testosterone but exactly, you have to go to the right place, take the right tests at the right time. One (honest) doctor even told me not to trust blood tests!! Wow, I didn't see that Oprah episode...
I actually didn't know a saliva test could be more reliable. Will look into that. Thank you, Ella <3

By the way, I was reading this article and thought of you as it mentions leaky gut: 
https://draxe.com/10-ways-balance-hormones-naturally/

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Messages In This Thread
If I take a phytoestrogen, do I really need something to increase progesterone? - by bettie32 - 31-03-2017, 07:13 PM
RE: If I take a phytoestrogen, do I really need something to increase progesterone? - by EllaC - 01-04-2017, 05:17 AM
RE: If I take a phytoestrogen, do I really need something to increase progesterone? - by bettie32 - 01-04-2017, 07:52 PM
RE: If I take a phytoestrogen, do I really need something to increase progesterone? - by EllaC - 01-04-2017, 08:22 PM
RE: If I take a phytoestrogen, do I really need something to increase progesterone? - by bettie32 - 02-04-2017, 04:25 PM
RE: If I take a phytoestrogen, do I really need something to increase progesterone? - by hannah - 01-04-2017, 03:37 PM
RE: If I take a phytoestrogen, do I really need something to increase progesterone? - by bettie32 - 01-04-2017, 08:16 PM
RE: If I take a phytoestrogen, do I really need something to increase progesterone? - by EllaC - 01-04-2017, 08:35 PM
RE: If I take a phytoestrogen, do I really need something to increase progesterone? - by EllaC - 03-04-2017, 04:38 AM
RE: If I take a phytoestrogen, do I really need something to increase progesterone? - by bettie32 - 03-04-2017, 12:17 PM
RE: If I take a phytoestrogen, do I really need something to increase progesterone? - by EllaC - 03-04-2017, 06:02 AM
RE: If I take a phytoestrogen, do I really need something to increase progesterone? - by bettie32 - 03-04-2017, 12:21 PM
RE: If I take a phytoestrogen, do I really need something to increase progesterone? - by hannah - 03-04-2017, 05:29 PM
RE: If I take a phytoestrogen, do I really need something to increase progesterone? - by bettie32 - 04-04-2017, 11:20 AM
RE: If I take a phytoestrogen, do I really need something to increase progesterone? - by Lotus - 05-04-2017, 11:53 PM
RE: If I take a phytoestrogen, do I really need something to increase progesterone? - by bettie32 - 06-04-2017, 11:37 PM
RE: If I take a phytoestrogen, do I really need something to increase progesterone? - by EllaC - 03-04-2017, 09:14 PM
RE: If I take a phytoestrogen, do I really need something to increase progesterone? - by bettie32 - 04-04-2017, 11:12 AM
RE: If I take a phytoestrogen, do I really need something to increase progesterone? - by EllaC - 04-04-2017, 08:47 PM
RE: If I take a phytoestrogen, do I really need something to increase progesterone? - by Pink.Chiffon - 05-04-2017, 12:37 PM
RE: If I take a phytoestrogen, do I really need something to increase progesterone? - by EllaC - 05-04-2017, 08:56 PM
RE: If I take a phytoestrogen, do I really need something to increase progesterone? - by Pink.Chiffon - 06-04-2017, 12:06 AM
RE: If I take a phytoestrogen, do I really need something to increase progesterone? - by EllaC - 06-04-2017, 12:21 AM