Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Getting rid of belly fat while gaining weight

Sweet orange, and everyone,
It's difficult to make a program that hits ALL the goals, any time.
Usually best to focus on one or two things at a time...

So, Tom Venuto's "Burn the fat, feed the muscle" program would allow you to gain muscle while burning fat - and I've tried to include that, plus a few other concepts, into a "program" which is sort of like a Lego set: Take a block, add a block, add another block, develop a program... 

Not sure I've done a good job.  ;-)

BUT, the principles are sound: Lots of motion. Lots of food control. Less of a concern of building muscle, but ensuring you won't LOSE muscle. Losing Lean Body Mass s a death-knell for health - once the body is "taught" to cannibalize itself, lots of VERY ugly things can happen, and you can LOOK healthy, but your body will destroy itself - stealing amino acids from muscle to feed the liver, for example - making toxins in the process....  And then those toxins don't get washed out of the muscles and organs...  
And then there's the re-feed effect - the body, getting desperate over time, "learns" to store energy (fat) preferentially. Think of those starving in Africa: distended belly, tiny arms and legs, etc. Now, when you give them excessive food, the body starts packing it on as fat. It sees the end of the famine, but thinks there will be another just around the corner...  So fat - especially visceral fat - is preferred. To live today, the body will kill itself tomorrow.

So, need to be careful how aggressive you are in curtailing your eating. You need to re-train the body to manage food first, and then use exercise to encourage the fat loss you want. Especially difficult here is, the breasts and butt are large fatty deposits in women. A side effect of working the chest and butt muscles heavily is that you'll selectively draw down fat supplies from these areas through increased blood flow. So you need to work out ways to lose some fat there, and then put it back there, selectively.

So, to refine the workout / diet blend, you'd want:
3 days of bodybuilding on key muscles (Gluteals & lower pectoralis major) + strength training for overall body development;
3 days (same days) do ab work: twists, vacuums, bridging, situps, planks: a mini-program meant to increase strength, tone, and flexibility, while also pulling the abs tight (not body building);
3 OTHER days a week do some aerobic activity (intervals would be best, and/or a long fasted walk in the morning, and the fasted walk could possibly be used with ab exercises to target abdominal fat loss via drawing blood to the muscles near the fat deposit; increased circulation = increased lipolysis, and every single percentage point will help);
and on the seventh day, you'll probably want some non-exercise physical activity, like a good hike.
After the strength training, you need to "put back" in your desired fat retention areas, breasts and butt. This would mean you follow post-workout nutrition WRT a protein shake, maybe a piece of candy (E.G., ONE Hershey's kiss, or have a small serving of fruit). That puts nutrition going to the muscles ASAP. Then, a few hours later, you'd have a fatty meal with high sugars. E.G., two cookies and some cheese. The cookies spike the insulin, which causes the glucose to direct the body into fat storage mode. then the fats from the cheese end up stored. You'd also want to use apple cider vinegar to control your insulin...  You're unbalancing the insulin, then re-balancing to keep the body you want. You could build from the "Blood Sugar Diet" that's going around, if you have a lot of visceral fat or are at high risk of diabetes.

I think this is a lot of work, and there's no guarantee of how well the post-workout blood sugar manipulation would work. If you're stressed out like I am? Might all go to visceral fat anyway, due to cortisol levels being sky-high. (In the last two years, moved once, mother is going blind in another state, in a relationshit with someone I don't like, who has had a mental breakdown, heart surgery, knee replacement, Pulmonary embolisms, I'm in a high-stress job, and the woman's daughter wants to be a whore...  No joke. WTF, was I Ghengis Khan in a previous life? Sorry to rain on people's parade.)

In addition to the exercise, the portioning and pacing of feeding comes into play...  and, if you sit at a desk all day, forget maintaining a good body fat percentage - just do what you can, and keep course-correcting, but don't expect to look like a competitor, it's statistically unlikely to get close. You just set a pattern, and then maintain and improve as you can. I've generally got the boss riding me like sea biscuit, so....  I KNOW what to do, I know HOW to do it, but I can't even get to pee some days!

Hope you're in better situation!
-Dianna

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Messages In This Thread