Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Fatty suggestions please for a plant/egg eater

(30-06-2017, 03:17 PM)bettie32 Wrote:  Thank you, Surferjoe. Will look into chia seeds (not sure why that website claims that they're practically devoid of EPA and DHA though). I can't do most of the nuts you mentioned unfortunately. Dodgy

Yeah, I think coconut oil would work best as a massage oil. Plus, I'm not underweight. If I gain weight, it only goes to my stomach and arms (not an ideal figure lol). I envy women who gain weight in their breast area and hips/butt!! Even if they get fatter stomach's, at least their breasts and butt grow proportionately! I guess it depends on your body type/genetics.

Pear shaped women tend to gain weight in the hip/bottom area, hourglass women tend to gain weight all over, apple shaped women gain weight primarily in the stomach. What is your body type Chrissygwy?

Stick shape lol no butt no boobs walking stick haha - ive been waiting for puberty to hit but i think ive missed it at 32 hence am here

(30-06-2017, 03:17 PM)bettie32 Wrote:  Thank you, Surferjoe. Will look into chia seeds (not sure why that website claims that they're practically devoid of EPA and DHA though). I can't do most of the nuts you mentioned unfortunately. Dodgy

Yeah, I think coconut oil would work best as a massage oil. Plus, I'm not underweight. If I gain weight, it only goes to my stomach and arms (not an ideal figure lol). I envy women who gain weight in their breast area and hips/butt!! Even if they get fatter stomach's, at least their breasts and butt grow proportionately! I guess it depends on your body type/genetics.

Pear shaped women tend to gain weight in the hip/bottom area, hourglass women tend to gain weight all over, apple shaped women gain weight primarily in the stomach. What is your body type Chrissygwy?

Correct chia seeds have ALAs and don't have EPA & DHA either.  You pretty much need seafood or algage for EPA & DHA.  Flax is also ALAs.  Chia seeds are a good replacement for flax for ALAs.  It contains even more ALAs than flax.

Thank u Surferjoe. Ok, well I'm already taking sea buckthorn so I don't really want to take more ALAs. I'm more interested in EPA and DHA so looks like I need to start eating more fish/algae (and eggs. I see you mentioned them in this thread).

Chrissy, so many top models actually have your body type! I think you have great potential and that you'll gain weight all over (boobs and butt too coz I read you're also taking PM. That should make you curvier in the right places Wink )

For practical purposes basically your only option is seafood.  And salmon is better.  For eggs you need omega 3 eggs and they only have 100 mg DHA per egg.  Not sure how much EPA, if any.  Not all algae has EPA/DHA, only the one they use for vegan omega 3 supplements.  These are very expensive and smelly.  If you're not vegan then you're better off with 1-2 tsp fish oil a day.

(02-07-2017, 01:14 AM)surferjoe2007 Wrote:  For practical purposes basically your only option is seafood.  And salmon is better.  For eggs you need omega 3 eggs and they only have 100 mg DHA per egg.  Not sure how much EPA, if any.  Not all algae has EPA/DHA, only the one they use for vegan omega 3 supplements.  These are very expensive and smelly.  If you're not vegan then you're better off with 1-2 tsp fish oil a day.

Well noted. Salmon, I can do. Might look into algae supplements...coz fish oil isn't one of my favorite things!! Plus I've read that fish oil could increase testosterone in several places. Then again, other sources say it could lower testosterone. As usual, conflicting info!

(01-07-2017, 08:53 PM)bettie32 Wrote:  Thank u Surferjoe. Ok, well I'm already taking sea buckthorn so I don't really want to take more ALAs. I'm more interested in EPA and DHA so looks like I need to start eating more fish/algae (and eggs. I see you mentioned them in this thread).

Chrissy, so many top models actually have your body type! I think you have great potential and that you'll gain weight all over (boobs and butt too coz I read you're also taking PM. That should make you curvier in the right places Wink )
Thanks Bettie - am so hopeful and as ive mentioned before one of my best or worst (depends on the situation) is am stubborn and disciplined; i like to see things through and give it my best effort so i figure this is a great attitude for NBE.  Tongue  Am going to fix up my 'routine' thread in next few days - i think it may be good way to keep track of my progress, do you have routine?

(02-07-2017, 09:25 PM)Chrissygwy Wrote:  Thanks Bettie - am so hopeful and as ive mentioned before one of my best or worst (depends on the situation) is am stubborn and disciplined; i like to see things through and give it my best effort so i figure this is a great attitude for NBE.  Tongue  Am going to fix up my 'routine' thread in next few days - i think it may be good way to keep track of my progress, do you have routine?

You're welcome. Yes, great idea. You'll be able to keep everything "under control" :-) My NBE plan is in the personal threads section. Haven't updated it in a while!

Hi ladies! I hope you all don't mind me jumping in here..

I like this idea of gaining a few pounds for NBE purposes and it seems to be the consensus that this is a good way of maintaining gains (that is, if you don't lose the weight again). But my problem (similar to yours, Bettie) is that I've always gained mostly in the stomach and love handle areas.. never in the chest and backside where all is flat.   Sooo, how do we go about fixing that little dilemma?  I've always thought that hormones were the main determining factors for where our fat cells are distributed.. Consequently I've also been thinking that if excess androgens are tamped down, and estrogen/progesterone are raised and balanced with either herbs and/or PC, then you'd just eat more healthy fatty foods and the new fat will go to the "womanly" areas?? But that sounds waaay too easy, so am I loco with this logic?  If  Ella successfully gained in the chest department and she has a genetically high metabolism,  it seems reasonable to be able to tweek our own genetic fat maps too. I hope so!  What do ya'll think?

[font="Helvetica Neue",Helvetica,sans-serif]Save[/font]

Hormones, yes, but also the nutrients required for growth and development.  There are a bunch of healthy foods in my sig thread.  Mostly they're found in whole grain foods to provide the tools required, but EFA's and collagen are important construction materials too.  So we got the foreman hormones, the worker/tool nutrients, and the fat/EFA/collagen materials.  You need all 3 to make it happen.

(06-07-2017, 03:05 PM)surferjoe2007 Wrote:  Hormones, yes, but also the nutrients required for growth and development.  There are a bunch of healthy foods in my sig thread.  Mostly they're found in whole grain foods to provide the tools required, but EFA's and collagen are important construction materials too.  So we got the foreman hormones, the worker/tool nutrients, and the fat/EFA/collagen materials.  You need all 3 to make it happen.

surferjoe,  I eat paleo (no grains) with additional avoidance of dairy and eggs from a gut issue that's being addressed. I do include nuts, veggies, fruits, coconut oil and organic meats as well as collagen daily. Do you have any suggestions for grain-free alternatives for the "tools" aspect of NBE? The only things I'm doing now are spearmint tea 2x day and a small amount of PC during my luteal phase.. I'm not doing a full NBE program until my gut health is optimal,  but I'm hoping it won't be many more months before that's taken care of. What types of fats would you suggest when I embark on a program? I'm trying to tentatively put some ideas together while I work on the gut.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon