Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Hormonal IUD and NBE?

I just got Liletta (it's basically a much cheaper Mirena and hormone wise is the same as Mirena) two weeks ago, so I'm still in the 3-6 month period of my body adapting to it. Not sure how I feel about it yet, as my periods are obviously a bit all over the place at only two weeks in, so I'm waiting for my body to adjust, and pain is a bit all over the place too. Barring the pain and periods that haven't quite found their new balance yet, no side effects though   Smile I tried a low dose estrogen birth control a few years back and OMG the side effects were brutal. I didn't realize at the time that my body hated even low dose estrogen, but loved progesterone. 

Are there any herbal forms of NBE that won't interfere with a hormonal IUD's effectiveness? I know that massage and pumping will be fine, but I don't know what herbs are okay, and what aren't. I would never use PM anyways as like I said my body hates it when I gave it estrogen. I tried PC cream a few years back and while I felt better on it (which is how I know my body loves progesterone) and my moods stabilized a bit my breasts didn't increase at all. I was considering Bovine Ovary before I got the IUD but now it seems like a bad idea because it would probably make my birth control ineffective, and who knows what else, although if anyone has any experience with both please let me know. 

So does anyone with a hormonal IUD know what herbal stuff is okay, and what is a no no? I don't plan on trying anything until at least the 3 month mark as I want to see what my bodies new normal is first, but I'm trying to come up with a plan, so any input is welcome. Thank you  Smile

It combines well with phytoestrogens but you probably have too much estrogen already and don't want to do this for a long time.  Also anti-testosterone herbs.  Search forums for details and amounts.

Anti-DHT: saw palmetto extract or reishi
Anti-general T: spearmint or white peony.
Flax oil is also nice for anti-T and ALAs.  Oil and not whole/ground seeds in your case because the seeds have phytoestrogens.

Nutritional options in sig program are also good for hormone balance and general health.

(08-06-2017, 06:15 PM)PoisonIvy Wrote:  I just got Liletta (it's basically a much cheaper Mirena and hormone wise is the same as Mirena) two weeks ago, so I'm still in the 3-6 month period of my body adapting to it. Not sure how I feel about it yet, as my periods are obviously a bit all over the place at only two weeks in, so I'm waiting for my body to adjust, and pain is a bit all over the place too. Barring the pain and periods that haven't quite found their new balance yet, no side effects though   Smile I tried a low dose estrogen birth control a few years back and OMG the side effects were brutal. I didn't realize at the time that my body hated even low dose estrogen, but loved progesterone. 

Are there any herbal forms of NBE that won't interfere with a hormonal IUD's effectiveness? I know that massage and pumping will be fine, but I don't know what herbs are okay, and what aren't. I would never use PM anyways as like I said my body hates it when I gave it estrogen. I tried PC cream a few years back and while I felt better on it (which is how I know my body loves progesterone) and my moods stabilized a bit my breasts didn't increase at all. I was considering Bovine Ovary before I got the IUD but now it seems like a bad idea because it would probably make my birth control ineffective, and who knows what else, although if anyone has any experience with both please let me know. 

So does anyone with a hormonal IUD know what herbal stuff is okay, and what is a no no? I don't plan on trying anything until at least the 3 month mark as I want to see what my bodies new normal is first, but I'm trying to come up with a plan, so any input is welcome. Thank you  Smile

Just to warn you, I have the mirena, and hate it. I'm removing it as soon a possible. It's been about 15 months and I've gained at least twenty pounds. I don't have a scale to know exactly but I went from a size zero to a size 6. Now I'm a 4 cuz in eating better and stuff but before the IUD I never had to worry about weight control. It's made my periods so stupid, they are more regular now cuz I use progesterone cream but they still are so light and I mostly just spot. I literally have to push on my abdomen to make the blood come out. I get So bloated and swollen cuz the blood won't come out. I often have blood clots and dark old blood come out eventually. It's gross and painful. I also have worse skin and my hair falls out, and is not curly like it used to be. There may be other reasons adding to my issues, but I know the mirena isn't agreeing with my body. Not to say, that you might be fine! Every one is different, I just wanted to let you know my experience. But I dont do well on any bc.

@Ashley8 It's too early for me to tell what I think yet, as I've been on my period for 15 days and I know it's the adjustment period but I wish it would just hurry up and adjust so I can stop bleeding and form an opinion. I'm sorry you had a rough time though. I hope I respond better as it's doctors last ditch effort with me. How did your body react to supplementing with progesterone cream since I know such a small amount goes to the rest of the body, and it's mostly contained to the uterus I was thinking of supplementing w/ it if I feel like I need more.

@surferjoe2007 Yeah, I was thinking that anti-DHT/testosterone stuff would be pretty safe. Might actually clear up my chin acne too :Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon