Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Tinydear's NBE Journey

Yep that's me to a T! 
Feel like need to but can't go. Mine I think is stress related BUT I reckon we have a pelvic floor disorder. Cause I have similar bowel issues too! 

I'd say interstitial cystitis but if it's intermittent then not. 

Seriously though I reckon our pelvic floors are to blame. All my issues post having a baby too!

Mine actually started when I was 19, before ever having kids. *tear* Never knew what was wrong with me but sometimes it was a UTI. Like maybe 3 times? 

Interstitial cystitis is the term I was looking for! That's what my doctor pinned it to be. But then it went away and came back. I also think mine is stress related. My anxiety has gotten drastically better and suddenly this is back again? Seems like my body is moving the stress elsewhwhere since anxiety doesn't have a hold on me anymore. -_- Not that I don't still get it from time to time.

Quote:I just found the grapefruit seed extract on Amazon for a very affordable price. Do you think it would help with sinus infenctions? My mother hates going to the doctor as much as I do, and she's been struggling with a sinus infection for like a month now and she's tried everything. Also do you think it's better in capsule form or liquid? I'd like to suggest it to her if it might help. & at the moment I'm taking Nature's Bounty Probiotic 10. It was the most affordable one for me right now. Definitely have seen better ones recommended but they were more money. Also forgot to put it in the fridge for a couple days after opening it. Oops.

Hi again, Tiny. Smile Yes, I think the grapefruit seed extract could certainly work and also extra vitamin c (if she's not already doing that of course). Since she's been trying to shake it off for quite a while, sounds like it would be good for her to be taking a probiotic too to build her immune system. I prefer the grapefruit seed extract in liquid personally. But I'm sure capsules are probably effective. Grapefruit seed gets rid of lots of bad boys (including candida) so it can give some detox symptoms if you start it too hard and fast. In my opinion, it's good to begin with just a few drops and work up to a larger dose gradually, especially if someone's a petite person like me. I ended up working up to 15 drops per day and it was too much, lol. But it got better as soon as I backed off on the dosage. The pharmacist told me to use it for about 10 days - 2 weeks after I got up to the full dosage. And then also really start building up the good bacteria with probiotics, fermented foods, etc.
I completely understand what you mean about things being expensive! But for your future reference, this is the probiotic I use currently and it's technically a two month supply if you only take one a day, which comes out to $10 a month: https://www.iherb.com/pr/California-Gold...Caps/64009. I've done really well with it so far! I don't remember if I mentioned before that it's also very helpful to switch probiotics periodically to get the max benefit.

(12-08-2017, 02:09 AM)tinydear Wrote:  Mine actually started when I was 19, before ever having kids. *tear* Never knew what was wrong with me but sometimes it was a UTI. Like maybe 3 times? 

Interstitial cystitis is the term I was looking for! That's what my doctor pinned it to be. But then it went away and came back. I also think mine is stress related. My anxiety has gotten drastically better and suddenly this is back again? Seems like my body is moving the stress elsewhwhere since anxiety doesn't have a hold on me anymore. -_- Not that I don't still get it from time to time.

Just something to consider which i have noticed now but took a while to connect the dots! I get this feeling often when i need to poop and cant.. Its gas pressure building up in that region and pushing down.

Ps i thought i had that IC too and was freaked out big time! I was looking up biofilms and bacteria infections this morning andit seems cranberry helps prevent biofilm formation and bacteria adhering to the walls so im considering taking it more often. Apparently it helps reduce the bad strep strain! Fascinating stuff.

(12-08-2017, 02:09 PM)lol NaturalLady31 Wrote:  
Quote:I just found the grapefruit seed extract on Amazon for a very affordable price. Do you think it would help with sinus infenctions? My mother hates going to the doctor as much as I do, and she's been struggling with a sinus infection for like a month now and she's tried everything. Also do you think it's better in capsule form or liquid? I'd like to suggest it to her if it might help. & at the moment I'm taking Nature's Bounty Probiotic 10. It was the most affordable one for me right now. Definitely have seen better ones recommended but they were more money. Also forgot to put it in the fridge for a couple days after opening it. Oops.

Hi again, Tiny. Smile Yes, I think the grapefruit seed extract could certainly work and also extra vitamin c (if she's not already doing that of course). Since she's been trying to shake it off for quite a while, sounds like it would be good for her to be taking a probiotic too to build her immune system. I prefer the grapefruit seed extract in liquid personally. But I'm sure capsules are probably effective. Grapefruit seed gets rid of lots of bad boys (including candida) so it can give some detox symptoms if you start it too hard and fast. In my opinion, it's good to begin with just a few drops and work up to a larger dose gradually, especially if someone's a petite person like me. I ended up working up to 15 drops per day and it was too much, lol.  But it got better as soon as I backed off on the dosage. The pharmacist told me to use it for about 10 days - 2 weeks after I got up to the full dosage. And then also really start building up the good bacteria with probiotics, fermented foods, etc.  
I completely understand what you mean about things being expensive! But for your future reference, this is the probiotic I use currently and it's technically a two month supply if you only take one a day, which comes out to $10 a month: https://www.iherb.com/pr/California-Gold...Caps/64009.  I've done really well with it so far! I don't remember if I mentioned before that it's also very helpful to switch probiotics periodically to get the max benefit.

I'm going to suggest it to her then. And get some for myself also! I'm not sure whether or not she takes vitamin C, but I do every morning with my MSM! I'll also mention probiotics to her. Not sure why I haven't, since I just started taking them also! Big Grin Thanks for the link - I'm very indecisive with picking out products and spend a good couple days or so deciding (i only just now ordered b complex & kelp!), so it's good when I'm offered suggestions lol.

(12-08-2017, 08:08 PM)EllaC Wrote:  
(12-08-2017, 02:09 AM)tinydear Wrote:  Mine actually started when I was 19, before ever having kids. *tear* Never knew what was wrong with me but sometimes it was a UTI. Like maybe 3 times? 

Just something to consider which i have noticed now but took a while to connect the dots! I get this feeling often when i need to poop and cant.. Its gas pressure building up in that region and pushing down.

Ps i thought i had that IC too and was freaked out big time! I was looking up biofilms and bacteria infections this morning andit seems cranberry helps prevent biofilm formation and bacteria adhering to the walls so im considering taking it more often. Apparently it helps reduce the bad strep strain! Fascinating stuff.

Hmm, I'm not sure that's what my issue is. But it makes sense that that could be it! I mean I don't FEEL constipated lol 

I used to take cranberry supplements and unfortunately they didn't work. -_-

Just tried pumping my right breast with my Kangzhu dome and it doesn't fit AT ALL. Just 2 pumps and it's super tight and turns purple within a minute. I think I must need to get large domed when I get the Noogleberry? I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the large Noogleberry is bigger than the large Kangzhu. I'll try to wait until my left outgrows the large Kangzhu though... unless it already has? Pumping is sooooo confusing to me.

So I recently hit the 2 week mark with PM, so I started taking 2 capsules a day as the bottle suggests, and today was my luteal phase but now I'm spotting. I'm thinking it either wasn't time to start taking 2 a day, or I shouldn't have had one this morning. Going to stop taking it for now, until my next "real" period. No idea if this means I'm still in luteal phase or not. Even applied PC today. :\

Forgot to add: Really bad stomach cramps today, and diarrhea. But I might just be sick - one of my daughters had diarrhea yesterday and my son had it a few days ago.

(22-08-2017, 02:34 PM)tinydear Wrote:  So I recently hit the 2 week mark with PM, so I started taking 2 capsules a day as the bottle suggests, and today was my luteal phase but now I'm spotting. I'm thinking it either wasn't time to start taking 2 a day, or I shouldn't have had one this morning. Going to stop taking it for now, until my next "real" period. No idea if this means I'm still in luteal phase or not. Even applied PC today. :\

Forgot to add: Really bad stomach cramps today, and diarrhea. But I might just be sick - one of my daughters had diarrhea yesterday and my son had it a few days ago.

Hi Tiny!

I'm not an expert when it comes to PM, so hopefully someone else can give you more info too. But in my opinion it does sound like maybe you took a little too much. I've heard of ladies spotting some on too much PM. Were you planning to take the PM only during your follicular phase (i.e., "cycle" it) or take it throughout the whole month? PM is a strong phytoestrogen and I think you said you were having symptoms of estrogen dominance, didn't you?

Hope your tummy issues are just a minor thing that will clear up very soon!! Feel better!!

(22-08-2017, 05:32 PM)NaturalLady31 Wrote:  
(22-08-2017, 02:34 PM)tinydear Wrote:  So I recently hit the 2 week mark with PM, so I started taking 2 capsules a day as the bottle suggests, and today was my luteal phase but now I'm spotting. I'm thinking it either wasn't time to start taking 2 a day, or I shouldn't have had one this morning. Going to stop taking it for now, until my next "real" period. No idea if this means I'm still in luteal phase or not. Even applied PC today. :\

Hi Tiny!

I'm not an expert when it comes to PM, so hopefully someone else can give you more info too. But in my opinion it does sound like maybe you took a little too much. I've heard of ladies spotting some on too much PM. Were you planning to take the PM only during your follicular phase (i.e., "cycle" it) or take it throughout the whole month? PM is a strong phytoestrogen and I think you said you were having symptoms of estrogen dominance, didn't you?

Hope your tummy issues are just  a minor thing that will clear up very soon!! Feel better!!

Hey! Smile

Yes, you're correct about all of that haha. The reason I ended up taking PM is I did a small milk thistle cleanse so I thought I'd be good to go, and since my period started it seemed like the perfect time to begin it. Maybe it would have been if I hadn't taken 2 capsules, or a second one this morning!

The reason I changed my mind last minute about cycling PM was I read someone else's program where they didn't cycle and their growth was amazing. Guess I wasn't really being smart about it. Sad

Thank you very much! I hope so also! It really just disrupts my entire day.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon