Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

White peony consumers - share your experiences here!

So, white peony is a pro-aromatase, it's estrogenic and it's good for women with PCOS (who have high testosterone). The right white peony for NBE is called paeonia lactiflora (Bai Shao Yao). 

White peony almost sounds like the answer to everything! It's anti-inflammatory, it's good for cramps, it's purifying. It converts testosterone into estrogen, therefore it's estrogenic and it lowers testosterone. Why take anything else for NBE, right?? Though it has been mentioned on the forum, it seems there aren't many people who have reviewed it. Is there anyone who has taken/is currently taking it? Have you experienced any side effects? 

Something strange that I noticed: many sources state that it's safe to take for 4 weeks. This site specifically says that white peony should not be taken for more than 4 weeks at a time (I wonder why):

http://www.vitaminsestore.com/peony-root...nd-dosage/

Hello

Because of the properties you quoted about White Peony, I've wanted to take this herb since a few months ago. Unfortunaly I can't figure out where to buy it.

Its pro-aromatase effect is very interesting, it might also have other unexpected effects. Maybe some of them could be the reason why it should not be taken for more than 4 weeks ? 

- "The skin-depigmenting potential of Paeonia lactiflora root extract and paeoniflorin: in vitro evaluation using reconstructed pigmented human epidermis.
 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26826350

- "Anti-Inflammatory and Immunomodulatory Effects of Paeonia LactifloraPall., a Traditional Chinese Herbal Medicine."
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3108611/

I'd also like to know why it should only be taken for 4 weeks.

(26-07-2017, 07:57 PM)bettie32 Wrote:  So, white peony is a pro-aromatase, it's estrogenic and it's good for women with PCOS (who have high testosterone). The right white peony for NBE is called paeonia lactiflora (Bai Shao Yao). 

White peony almost sounds like the answer to everything! It's anti-inflammatory, it's good for cramps, it's purifying. It converts testosterone into estrogen, therefore it's estrogenic and it lowers testosterone. Why take anything else for NBE, right?? Though it has been mentioned on the forum, it seems there aren't many people who have reviewed it. Is there anyone who has taken/is currently taking it? Have you experienced any side effects? 

Something strange that I noticed: many sources state that it's safe to take for 4 weeks. This site specifically says that white peony should not be taken for more than 4 weeks at a time (I wonder why):

http://www.vitaminsestore.com/peony-root...nd-dosage/

I know that Zara had it listed in her routine at one stage but towards end of her cycle to 'induce menstruation' i brought a box but wasnt sure how to use it and now i better check type if/when i introduce it in some way? Ive seen that Dandelion tea is recommended in a similar way no continual use this because of its diuretic effect.; a little cleasing is good but too much your losing essentials. And from what ive skimmed over WP is a blood tonic so maybe same principle? 
And i also noticed it contains caffeine so i checked my organic WP box and yup caffeine - which as we know is not great for NBE.
Hopefully someone with a little more knowledge will swoop in and fill us in abit more scientifically.
Chrissy x

Thank you for your replies Tin Hinan, Tinydear and Chrissygwy.

Chrissygwy, I think you got white peony tea, right? I hope you got the right one because there are many different varieties and they work differently. The one we want for NBE is called paeonia lactiflora (bai shao yao). I'm not sure if white peony on its own contains caffeine. I contacted some sellers and some of them said it doesn't contain caffeine while others said they don't know (really helpful lol). I think it'd be best to take white peony when testosterone is highest during our cycle (so perhaps follicular)? That way the testosterone would be converted into estrogen. Yes you're right, it's a blood tonic. That kind of a statement (4 weeks) is a bit worrying though, isn't it? Who knows if it's even true. I'm sure there are members who take it often, if not all the time. Wish they would update us!

Tin Hinan, check out the white peony extracts on Hawaii Pharm.

(27-07-2017, 08:01 PM)bettie32 Wrote:  Thank you for your replies Tin Hinan, Tinydear and Chrissygwy.

Chrissygwy, I think you got white peony tea, right? I hope you got the right one because there are many different varieties and they work differently. The one we want for NBE is called paeonia lactiflora (bai shao yao). I'm not sure if white peony on its own contains caffeine. I contacted some sellers and some of them said it doesn't contain caffeine while others said they don't know (really helpful lol). I think it'd be best to take white peony when testosterone is highest during our cycle (so perhaps follicular)? That way the testosterone would be converted into estrogen. Yes you're right, it's a blood tonic. That kind of a statement (4 weeks) is a bit worrying though, isn't it? Who knows if it's even true. I'm sure there are members who take it often, if not all the time. Wish they would update us!

Yeah few details on the box to be honest but haven't opened it probably stay that way too lol says white peony on front and the on ingredients '100% white tea' thats all. Mite be a relist for ebay lol 'one unopened box of white peony'

(27-07-2017, 08:01 PM)bettie32 Wrote:  Thank you for your replies Tin Hinan, Tinydear and Chrissygwy.

Yea, If i ever take WP it will be from hawaii pharm. It's the right kind, and less likely to contain caffiene since its not a tea and they don't mention on the site that it has caffiene (if I remember correctly). Plus, I prefer liquid extracts over capsules. Lotus had mentioned it to me awhile back, as an option for anti-androgen/dht, and she didn't tell me to take breaks. So maybe the four weeks thing is just bcuz, like any herb, you should always give your body a break. But I really hope someone figures this out, cuz like you and I have been saying bettie, it seems that is has everything. It is estrogenic, anti-androgen, blocks 5-ar (dht) and is also a pro-aromatase.  This is the info I have saved on WP, I dont remember from where, but I copied and pasted it to my personal herb info awhile ago. 

"White peony root- inhibites the production of testosterone and promotes the activity of aromatase, which converts testosterone into estrogen. It's estrogenic, blocks 5-ar and pro-aromatase. ethanol content from extracts increases aromatase"

So it isnt just estrogenic and anti-androgen/dht bcuz it's an aromatase. From everything I've read, It has each of those four qualities individually. That makes it a really potent NBE option! So why isn't there more about it....hopefully someone chimes in with better info cuz I know many of us would love to try this! It'd be great if there really was an herb that tackled four of the main things for NBE!

(27-07-2017, 10:59 PM)Ashley8 Wrote:  Yea, If i ever take WP it will be from hawaii pharm. It's the right kind, and less likely to contain caffiene since its not a tea and they don't mention on the site that it has caffiene (if I remember correctly). Plus, I prefer liquid extracts over capsules. Lotus had mentioned it to me awhile back, as an option for anti-androgen/dht, and she didn't tell me to take breaks. So maybe the four weeks thing is just bcuz, like any herb, you should always give your body a break. But I really hope someone figures this out, cuz like you and I have been saying bettie, it seems that is has everything. It is estrogenic, anti-androgen, blocks 5-ar (dht) and is also a pro-aromatase.  This is the info I have saved on WP, I dont remember from where, but I copied and pasted it to my personal herb info awhile ago. 

"White peony root- inhibites the production of testosterone and promotes the activity of aromatase, which converts testosterone into estrogen. It's estrogenic, blocks 5-ar and pro-aromatase. ethanol content from extracts increases aromatase"

So it isnt just estrogenic and anti-androgen/dht bcuz it's an aromatase. From everything I've read, It has each of those four qualities individually. That makes it a really potent NBE option! So why isn't there more about it....hopefully someone chimes in with better info cuz I know many of us would love to try this! It'd be great if there really was an herb that tackled four of the main things for NBE!

Chrissygwy, sounds like you just got regular white tea (which contains caffeine). That's not paeonia lactiflora! 

Exactly, Ashley. Wouldn't it be amazing if we could just take WP and nothing else for NBE?!  Smile The fact that many sources say "max 4 weeks" is kinda disturbing....if it's true, WP must be pretty strong (and who knows about the potential side effects). Yeah, we should take breaks in general but I mean, every 4 weeks?? What happens we take it for longer? White peony people, update us!!!

(28-07-2017, 02:52 PM)bettie32 Wrote:  
(27-07-2017, 10:59 PM)Ashley8 Wrote:  Yea, If i ever take WP it will be from hawaii pharm. It's the right kind, and less likely to contain caffiene since its not a tea and they don't mention on the site that it has caffiene (if I remember correctly). Plus, I prefer liquid extracts over capsules. Lotus had mentioned it to me awhile back, as an option for anti-androgen/dht, and she didn't tell me to take breaks. So maybe the four weeks thing is just bcuz, like any herb, you should always give your body a break. But I really hope someone figures this out, cuz like you and I have been saying bettie, it seems that is has everything. It is estrogenic, anti-androgen, blocks 5-ar (dht) and is also a pro-aromatase.  This is the info I have saved on WP, I dont remember from where, but I copied and pasted it to my personal herb info awhile ago. 

Chrissygwy, sounds like you just got regular white tea (which contains caffeine). That's not paeonia lactiflora! 

Exactly, Ashley. Wouldn't it be amazing if we could just take WP and nothing else for NBE?!  Smile The fact that many sources say "max 4 weeks" is kinda disturbing....if it's true, WP must be pretty strong (and who knows about the potential side effects). Yeah, we should take breaks in general but I mean, every 4 weeks?? What happens we take it for longer? White peony people, update us!!!

Hope ya'll don't mind me breaking in here.. I'm not a "white peony people" lol, but I like what Bettie32 mentioned earlier..  I wonder how it would be if we took white peony during our follicular phase only? That would mean two weeks on and two weeks off essentially.. I don't know if that would be effective or not though.. I have recently read about many people who have been using WP to tone down autoimmune conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis for quite some time and they are not taking breaks from it.. It seems like if it were truly dangerous, some of them would be mentioning negative effects already. Huh

I also like the look of the Hawaii Pharm WP. Like Ashley said, liquid is usually best absorbed especially if you take it sublingually.
[font="Helvetica Neue",Helvetica,sans-serif]Save[/font]

(28-07-2017, 03:32 PM)NaturalLady31 Wrote:  Hope ya'll don't mind me breaking in here.. I'm not a "white peony people" lol, but I like what Bettie32 mentioned earlier..  I wonder how it would be if we took white peony during our follicular phase only? That would mean two weeks on and two weeks off essentially.. I don't know if that would be effective or not though..  I have recently read about many people who have been using WP to tone down autoimmune conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis for quite some time and they are not taking breaks from it.. It seems like if it were truly dangerous, some of them  would be mentioning  negative effects already. Huh  

I also like the look of the Hawaii Pharm WP. Like Ashley said, liquid is usually best absorbed especially if you take it sublingually.
Save

Haha NaturalLady, you're interested in white peony so you can break into this thread as often as you like :-) And you pointed out something interesting. I didn't know many people have been taking it continuously for arthritis etc.

I actually think WP would be effective if taken only for about two weeks (follicular phase) and it would also make us feel better about the whole "this herb must not be taken for more than 4 weeks at a time" statement.......we'd probably need to make sure we're taking something else during luteal too of course. 

I wonder why more women on here haven't taken WP. Could be that it's just underrated. Not many people know about and take sea buckthorn for example but a member on here said she grew (two cups if I remember correctly) while taking it. I've seen a couple of threads about WP but the members never reported back....

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon