Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Pumpkin Seed Oil for lowering DHT

There are a couple of threads on the forum about pumpkin seed oil but I haven't read about anyone taking it recently. There aren't many reviews. I'm interested in taking it (NaturalLady Wink  and HoneyDew too!).  Is there anyone who has taken it or is currently taking it to lower DHT? Also, what is the substance in PSO that lowers DHT?

I keep coming across articles stating that PSO increases testosterone which is worrying. PSO does lower 5- Alpha Reductase Activity (and DHT) as indicated also in this study: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4017725/ but if it increases testosterone too....I'm confused. Lower DHT should mean less unwanted hairs, less oily skin but wouldn't higher testosterone bring about more hairs and oiliness/acne?? Not even sure if PSO does increase testosterone because online articles aren't exactly always reliable. What are your thoughts?

I think I read somewhere that applying PSO directly to the scalp is also supposed to help. Maybe I will try applying oil to the hairline. Definitely not onto the entire scalp that would be too messy. What I do worry about though is the phytoestrogens. Do pumpkin seeds contain them? I read that for males phytoestrogens are unhealthy, the same as xenoestrogens.

I also wonder how unhealthy DHT is for males. If a man for example has high DHT levels which are still in the normal range then is he still as a greater risk of prostate cancer than someone with lower DHT levels? I'm currently taking testosterone gel cause I have low T levels and the gel increases DHT pretty dramatically. My DHT levels are now at the top of the normal range, I'm not sure if this is good on the long run not just for the hair.

(15-08-2017, 04:20 PM)nanakante Wrote:  I think I read somewhere that applying PSO directly to the scalp is also supposed to help. Maybe I will try applying oil to the hairline. Definitely not onto the entire scalp that would be too messy. What I do worry about though is the phytoestrogens. Do pumpkin seeds contain them? I read that for males phytoestrogens are unhealthy, the same as xenoestrogens.

I also wonder how unhealthy DHT is for males. If a man for example has high DHT levels which are still in the normal range then is he still as a greater risk of prostate cancer than someone with lower DHT levels? I'm currently taking testosterone gel cause I have low T levels and the gel increases DHT pretty dramatically. My DHT levels are now at the top of the normal range, I'm not sure if this is good on the long run not just for the hair.

I don't think pumpkin seeds contain phytoestrogens....I've read that they lower androgens/DHT (as indicated in the study I linked above) and some articles state they increase T (but dunno if this is true). I hope someone who is more of an expert can chip in.

I have another question: apparently pumpkin seed oil contains omega 6 and omega 3. Does this mean that we could take PSO instead of fish oil (omega 3)?? Coz taking both PSO and fish oil at the same time might be too much omega 3. Any thoughts anyone?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon