Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Kudzu! Has anyone tried?

Lotus: do you or anyone else have tried or has info on Kudzu? Puearia Lobata root...

It curbs appetite for alcohol and I love my wines too much so I'd love to try this based on feedback. 

I know jenniferlove had some growth on this and again it's not my intention for nbe but cutting right back on wine is the healthiest step for me right now. 

Any feedback on its benefits or risks is appreciated.

http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=10779&highlight=Kudzu

For my info

Kudzu is one of about 20 species in the genus Pueraria in the pea family Fabaceae, subfamily Faboideae. It is native to southern Japan and southeast China in eastern Asia. The name comes from the Japanese word for this plant, kuzu. The other species of Pueraria occur in southeast Asia, further south. Its leaves are high in vitamins A and C, as well as calcium and protein. Its roots are rich in starch and its flowers are an excellent honey source.

kudzu can reduce both hangovers and alcohol cravings. A person who takes kudzu, will still drink alcohol, however, they will consume less than if they had not taken kudzu. The mechanism for this is not yet established, but it may have to do with both alcohol metabolism and the reward circuits in the brain. Also kudzu as a possible way to treat alcoholic cravings, by turning an extracted compound from the herb into a medical drug.

It also contains a number of useful isoflavones, including daidzein (an anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial agent), daidzin (a cancer preventive) and genistein (an antileukemic agent). Kudzu is a unique source of the isoflavone puerarin. Kudzu root compounds can affect neurotransmitters and it has shown value in treating migraine and cluster headache. In traditional Chinese medicine, where it is known as gé gēn, kudzu is considered one of the 50 fundamental herbs. It is used to treat tinnitus, vertigo, and Wei syndrome

(11-09-2017, 07:20 AM)nanakante Wrote:  Kudzu is one of about 20 species in the genus Pueraria in the pea family Fabaceae, subfamily Faboideae. It is native to southern Japan and southeast China in eastern Asia. The name comes from the Japanese word for this plant, kuzu. The other species of Pueraria occur in southeast Asia, further south. Its leaves are high in vitamins A and C, as well as calcium and protein. Its roots are rich in starch and its flowers are an excellent honey source.

kudzu can reduce both hangovers and alcohol cravings. A person who takes kudzu, will still drink alcohol, however, they will consume less than if they had not taken kudzu. The mechanism for this is not yet established, but it may have to do with both alcohol metabolism and the reward circuits in the brain. Also kudzu as a possible way to treat alcoholic cravings, by turning an extracted compound from the herb into a medical drug.

It also contains a number of useful isoflavones, including daidzein (an anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial agent), daidzin (a cancer preventive) and genistein (an antileukemic agent). Kudzu is a unique source of the isoflavone puerarin. Kudzu root compounds can affect neurotransmitters and it has shown value in treating migraine and cluster headache. In traditional Chinese medicine, where it is known as gé gēn, kudzu is considered one of the 50 fundamental herbs. It is used to treat tinnitus, vertigo, and Wei syndrome

Thank you Smile

Does the lobata being so closely related to mirifica would I need to cycle accordingly ??? 

Anyone? Thank you

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon