Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Does any of you take INOSITOL?

Hi ladies,

First of all, Happy New Year =) I hope you had a wonderful 2017 and I bet 2018 will be more awesome! 

So, I have not taken herbs for NBE (I tried though) due to health problems but my plan is to do a good research on all the supplements that can be effective for breast growth but other health benefits as well : I am thinking in Inositol cause I've read on the internet it helps with excess body hair (hirsutism) and stress issues , so maybe this coming fall I should give it a try.

However I feel confused about the dosage cause in certain blogs about PCOS' they suggest you taking 4g daily but I read in a book the maximum taken daily for a year must be 2g . So it's kind of confusing and I would appreciate your experience, opinion or whatever it is.

Also, does any of you suffer from PCOS?

Thank you for your time Smile

(07-01-2018, 02:17 AM)sweetorange Wrote:  Hi ladies,

First of all, Happy New Year =) I hope you had a wonderful 2017 and I bet 2018 will be more awesome! 

So, I have not taken herbs for NBE (I tried though) due to health problems but my plan is to do a good research on all the supplements that can be effective for breast growth but other health benefits as well : I am thinking in Inositol cause I've read on the internet it helps with excess body hair (hirsutism) and stress issues , so maybe this coming fall I should give it a try.

However I feel confused about the dosage cause in certain blogs about PCOS' they suggest you taking 4g daily but I read in a book the maximum taken daily for a year must be 2g . So it's kind of confusing and I would appreciate your experience, opinion or whatever it is.

Also, does any of you suffer from PCOS?

Thank you for your time Smile
Always check sources and a get a reason why an article or book says something rather than taking it at face value.  Often they leave in a big factor of safety just to hedge their bets even if it's not really necessary.  Or they likewise make safety recommendations based on pure speculation, just to be safe.  Though temporarily higher amounts than normal may be beneficial.  Especially with fatty nutrients like inositol where your body might have tons stored away, and if you are lacking it then it could take a long time to restore if you only consume the normal amount.

This became an issue with vitamin D for example when the RDA was 400 IU, studies showed more than 10,000 IU reduces benefits, and it takes millions of IU accumulated over months to be toxic.  So they set the TUI at 2,000 IU which seemed like a pretty safe number.  Then studies said 1,000-2,000 IU is better, plus some people have trouble absorbing it and may need more.  So they bumped up the RDA to 600 IU and the TUI to 4,000 IU.  To deficient people, doctors commonly prescribe 10,000 IU a day or 50,000 IU once a week to help them get blood levels up since there's little risk of an OD.  Going over 10,000 IU causes little or no harm and this is still far from the toxic amount.  But people still get scared of being poisoned and second guess their doctors for no reason.

There are also different forms for inositol.  Myo-inositol and phosphatidyl-inositol have molecules bonded to the inositol so it takes much more to get the same amount of inositol and the dosage is different for all 3.

Anyway your body including your brain is made of this stuff, so it's not just some cool alternative PCOS treatment.  It's something everyone absolutely requires to be normal.  And it's not in a multivitamin.  This and a 100 other essential molecules are why you should just use food instead.  You could take 100 individual nutrient pills a day and still be missing whatever nutrient is undiscovered or even is well known but hasn't been put in a pill yet. Lecithin and egg yolks are high in inositol and many other related fatty nutrients required for the brain and so on.  Grains, beans, nuts, other seeds and fruit have smaller amounts but seeds should be soaked first to release inositol and other nutrients from phytate.  Or take Beano.  They have little inositol, especially compared to egg yolks or lecithin, but they add up since you eat so much of them.  Or better yet there are nutrient recipes in my sig thread that have a wider variety of nutrients.  Or go mostly vegan with whole food starches and strong colored veggies, plus a little seafood, eggs and fruit.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon