Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Can we add this new function to the boards?

I would like to have the function to remove messages or make it invisible to see which poster posted it if its to much to ask(in concerns with the empty threads BN could get)

And maybe a bn chat room? Just a random thought.

Would this be possible to create Mooderators? At least the thing of having control over your own posts?

You can edit your new posts and the closest you can come to removing it is replace the entire message with a .
single character. But this is only good for a short period, I think about 1 day.

This kind of thing is just a setting for the administrator, they can make posts editable forever, and removable. I agree and I think this should be done.

I do not agree with making the author invisible, everyone should know who made the post.

I myself wouldn't use a chat room, but maybe others should add their preferences here.

Yes I’d love to remove threads made historically. I’d promoted things in  the beginning as a newbie then some months years down the track these very things disrupted my life in a negative way . It would clear up the forum a bit too being able to have the option to delete posts and threads Also as I’m sure one day a lot of us will look back and wish we’d never posted Orr uploaded certain things  Sad

I think making posters anonymous would be a step too far, as you could end up with anonymous replying to anonymous, and it would get very difficult to understand who was saying what.

(12-03-2018, 03:36 PM)Eve M Wrote:  I think making posters anonymous would be a step too far, as you could end up with anonymous replying to anonymous, and it would get very difficult to understand who was saying what.

So what about the ability to remove our messages then?
At least when one is leaving..

The problem is that if you start removing posts the gaps left behind make the threads hard to follow. The last thing I would want is a forum filled with threads which don't really make any sense.

(14-03-2018, 02:29 PM)Eve M Wrote:  The problem is that if you start removing posts the gaps left behind make  the threads hard to follow. The last thing I would want is a forum filled with threads which don't really make any sense.

I think this would be pretty rare, over in Noogleberry.com/forum there was a major thread by a successful young lady which was avidly followed. Eventually things went wrong for her, part of her program was taking PM and she decided to quit. She started to lactate and totally freaked out. She removed all of her posts (and pictures) and yeah the whole thread became a mess. Difficult to pinpoint if she took too much or if sudden quitting as some suggested caused the lactation, but I put in one last post with this brief explanation of what happened (to explain all the holes). But Noogleberry has had this policy from the beginning and only one major incident. I think it is more than made up by being able to go back and correct mistakes, or even say you have had a change in viewpoint or non-success so I am leaving this post up, but don't recommend following what I had said. I also think it was her right to remove her posts, even though I thought she was over-reacting.

from hanna
So what about the ability to remove our messages then?
At least when one is leaving..

I would expect most to choose to leave their posts and just say good bye, in the spirit of the posts were made in the first place to help others.

However there are some who want to delete their posts for whatever reasons, and yes, it is our loss, but I think their right. One thing that has happened (again over at noogleberry) is someone gets married and the husband finds out about the post and pictures, then demands that his new bride delete everything, or at least pictures. Personally I think this shows an insecure husband, but the bride is much better off being able to delete her posts to appease her husband than to tell him "breastnexus won't let me!", and start her new marriage with a point of contention.

(14-03-2018, 04:23 PM)James98 Wrote:  the bride is much better off being able to delete her posts to appease her husband than to tell him "breastnexus won't let me!", and start her new marriage with a point of contention.

It's very easy for someone to request that posts are removed if they have a difficult personal situation. There are rare occasions where something like this has happened and it's always been resolved without any problems.

(15-03-2018, 05:49 AM)Eve M Wrote:  
(14-03-2018, 04:23 PM)James98 Wrote:  the bride is much better off being able to delete her posts to appease her husband than to tell him "breastnexus won't let me!", and start her new marriage with a point of contention.

It's very easy for someone to request that posts are removed if they have a difficult personal situation. There are rare occasions where something like this has happened and it's always been resolved without any problems.

So if anyone wants their posts removed, just ask you.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon