Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Are herbs safe to take while on antidepressants?

(04-05-2018, 05:21 AM)cutiesweets Wrote:  
(02-05-2018, 07:02 AM)surferjoe2007 Wrote:  
(30-04-2018, 11:18 PM)cutiesweets Wrote:  I actually did give up about 5 days ago. I had a major depressive episode, so couldn't really focus on anything.

After 5 months of pumping and massage, I still did not see much progress though, if any at all. 

Honestly, I don't think I will ever be able to find something that helps with my anxiety and depression. I have been trying different medications since the age of 13. I also tried therapy for a couple years that did not help. 

I tried a keto diet, but stopped that before I knew if it would help. It seemed like it would be kind of counterproductive. My anti-depressants are meant to increase serotonin levels, while low carb diets reduce serotonin levels.

I am honestly thinking about saving up for breast implants again. I had the money saved up for them about a year ago, but I cancelled the surgery at the last minute because I am terrified of anesthesia. I ended up spending that money, so now it will be a couple years before I have the money saved up again.

I am starting to think breast implants are my only option, since my stress, anxiety, and depression levels never go down no matter what I do. I had hope because I was still able to build muscle with high stress levels, but NBE does not seem to work for me. 

Would it be worth trying a herb program such as EveM's in these 2 years I save up for breast implants, or no, since like you two say, high cortisol will not allow me to grow? Is it still worth a shot or would I definitely be wasting my time and money?

I really think the nuts and bran would help where drugs wouldn’t.  They restore your brain chemicals whereas the drugs only force you to release what little you have left and deplete the chemicals further.  Serotonin drugs in general have poor effectiveness.  In addition to the nuts amd bran, you can add 5-HTP and pineapple at the same time for a quicker boost.  But again go easy on the 5 HTP.

The nuts and bran will also help with NBE after depression improves too.  And you’ll probably start to feel better within a few months. And then it’s likely you’d be able to start growing too, well before the 2 years is up.  IMO try it, and see if you feel better.  Then if so try herbs.

Thank you for your advice. I will try adding your diet suggestions first. Do you know if taking 5-HTP is safe to take while on antidepressants or is it only if I am not on them?
With 5-HTP likewise you need to be careful of overdose when combined with antidepressants.  You'd want to use a very low amount, at least until you're allowed to reduce your antidepressants.  The main thing is the foods anyway; the 5-HTP isn't essential.

(05-05-2018, 01:32 AM)surferjoe2007 Wrote:  
(30-04-2018, 11:18 PM)cutiesweets Wrote:  I actually did give up about 5 days ago. I had a major depressive episode, so couldn't really focus on anything.

After 5 months of pumping and massage, I still did not see much progress though, if any at all. 

Honestly, I don't think I will ever be able to find something that helps with my anxiety and depression. I have been trying different medications since the age of 13. I also tried therapy for a couple years that did not help. 

I tried a keto diet, but stopped that before I knew if it would help. It seemed like it would be kind of counterproductive. My anti-depressants are meant to increase serotonin levels, while low carb diets reduce serotonin levels.

I am honestly thinking about saving up for breast implants again. I had the money saved up for them about a year ago, but I cancelled the surgery at the last minute because I am terrified of anesthesia. I ended up spending that money, so now it will be a couple years before I have the money saved up again.

I am starting to think breast implants are my only option, since my stress, anxiety, and depression levels never go down no matter what I do. I had hope because I was still able to build muscle with high stress levels, but NBE does not seem to work for me. 

Would it be worth trying a herb program such as EveM's in these 2 years I save up for breast implants, or no, since like you two say, high cortisol will not allow me to grow? Is it still worth a shot or would I definitely be wasting my time and money?

I really think the nuts and bran would help where drugs wouldn’t.  They restore your brain chemicals whereas the drugs only force you to release what little you have left and deplete the chemicals further.  Serotonin drugs in general have poor effectiveness.  In addition to the nuts amd bran, you can add 5-HTP and pineapple at the same time for a quicker boost.  But again go easy on the 5 HTP.

The nuts and bran will also help with NBE after depression improves too.  And you’ll probably start to feel better within a few months. And then it’s likely you’d be able to start growing too, well before the 2 years is up.  IMO try it, and see if you feel better.  Then if so try herbs.

Thank you for your advice. I will try adding your diet suggestions first. Do you know if taking 5-HTP is safe to take while on antidepressants or is it only if I am not on them?
With 5-HTP likewise you need to be careful of overdose when combined with antidepressants.  You'd want to use a very low amount, at least until you're allowed to reduce your antidepressants.  The main thing is the foods anyway; the 5-HTP isn't essential.

Okay. Thank you. I will try adding nuts and bran to my diet.

(06-05-2018, 12:28 AM)cutiesweets Wrote:  
(05-05-2018, 01:32 AM)surferjoe2007 Wrote:  

Okay. Thank you. I will try adding nuts and bran to my diet.

Cool, the specific ones are in 1st sig link.  They are healthier than others.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon