Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

For those taking collagen

I read a lot about taking collagen especially as you get older (to take alongside noogling). I’m 37 and have breastfed 3 kids. I’m thinking about trying collagen for an extra boost as long as it’s not detrimental for my health (I’m not interested in hormone altering herbs and those types of things). 

For those who take it, what kind? How much do you take? Any side effects?

It's food.  Gelatin to be precise.  Which is a protein high in various high sulfur amino acids.  It doesn't have side effects any more than food does.  Or protein powder does.  A large portion of your body is made of the stuff including joints, skin and other elastic tissue.  It's not just a want, it's a need whether from diet or supplement.  A 12g scoop of powder is good.  A capsule is not enough.

The only drawback with any food or supplement is not getting everything else you might need, since nearly all supplements only cover a small portion of your needs.  You could pop 50 pills and still fall short.  The food mix in my first sig link with nuts and so on has plenty of the same high sulfur aminos as collagen powder and 100 other things you need.  You can simply skip the herb sections and scroll down to foods.

So go ahead and try collagen.  There's nothing to lose but time and money.  Unless you have a better way to get the same thing such as the foods mentioned.

Thanks so much, surferjoe! I will definitely read your info that you’ve posted on this!

here's one that i've been taking. i like it. vital proteins  it's on amazon, too. what's not on amazon. often, i mix in a pack of knox gelatin into my drink with ground flax, etc. yeah, your digestion has to work a bit but, it's dirt cheap. you said you've read a lot about collagen so you may know about taking vitamin C with your collagen

from here
'When collagen is produced, there is a complex series of events, some occurring inside of the cell, and some outside of the cell. Vitamin C is active inside of the cell, where it hydroxylates (adds hydrogen and oxygen) to two amino acids: proline and lysine. This helps form a precursor molecule called procollagen that is later packaged and modified into collagen outside of the cell. Without vitamin C, collagen formation is disrupted, causing a wide variety of problems throughout the body.'

(12-08-2018, 12:26 AM)solome Wrote:  here's one that i've been taking. i like it. vital proteins  it's on amazon, too. what's not on amazon. often, i mix in a pack of knox gelatin into my drink with ground flax, etc. yeah, your digestion has to work a bit but, it's dirt cheap. you said you've read a lot about collagen so you may know about taking vitamin C with your collagen

from here
'When collagen is produced, there is a complex series of events, some occurring inside of the cell, and some outside of the cell. Vitamin C is active inside of the cell, where it hydroxylates (adds hydrogen and oxygen) to two amino acids: proline and lysine. This helps form a precursor molecule called procollagen that is later packaged and modified into collagen outside of the cell. Without vitamin C, collagen formation is disrupted, causing a wide variety of problems throughout the body.'
Thanks for that info, solome!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon