Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

High androgens

Hey girls,
I'm pretty sure my androgens are high so I am going to try to balance them. I read somewhere that high power exercises boost androgens and I do competitive sports and need to lift heavy weights in my training. So my idea of a programme is to take saw palmetto straight after weight training and try to drink nettle tea in the mornings.

My question is: Do you think weight training could be causing it?
And if it is, would taking saw palmetto right after (or before) training help?

(27-01-2010, 12:18 PM)CousinRose Wrote:  Hey girls,
I'm pretty sure my androgens are high so I am going to try to balance them. I read somewhere that high power exercises boost androgens and I do competitive sports and need to lift heavy weights in my training. So my idea of a programme is to take saw palmetto straight after weight training and try to drink nettle tea in the mornings.

My question is: Do you think weight training could be causing it?
And if it is, would taking saw palmetto right after (or before) training help?

yeah, it probably is weight training. Though, it is not too much to worry about. Saw Palmetto is alright in small doses or as instructed , as well as licorice (sometimes combined with peony). I know women with PCOS often take the licorice with peony to reduce facial/body hair. Licorice and Hops are probably more powerful than SP, but you have to be careful with those two.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon