Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

high levels of androgens

i've had an hormone imbalance since i was 13 or 14 years old!(now 20) ....high levels of androgens and two of the symptoms i have are EXTREMEEEE hirsutism and severe acne...and i am sooo self-conscious about it.. i feel very boyish and makes me VERYYY Shyyy... Sad
anyone with same diagnosis?

can BO help with that? or will it make it worse?Huh
i've read alot of good info about bb and i plan to buy it later after breastfeeding but i dont know if it's gonna work for me because of my situation...
i've read on the internet that don quai, saw palmetto, maca, fenugreek and red clover work as anti-androgens..

(31-01-2010, 06:36 PM)GABYTA Wrote:  i've had an hormone imbalance since i was 13 or 14 years old!(now 20) ....high levels of androgens and two of the symptoms i have are EXTREMEEEE hirsutism and severe acne...and i am sooo self-conscious about it.. i feel very boyish and makes me VERYYY Shyyy... Sad
anyone with same diagnosis?

can BO help with that? or will it make it worse?Huh
i've read alot of good info about bb and i plan to buy it later after breastfeeding but i dont know if it's gonna work for me because of my situation...
i've read on the internet that don quai, saw palmetto, maca, fenugreek and red clover work as anti-androgens..

BO would most likely help, if it used sparingly. Since, it *notoriously* lowers testosterone.

If you want to lower androgens, dong quai and saw palmetto are very good to use, as well licorice (don't take too much of this one, no more than 4-5 grams a day, if you max out on it), beta sitosterol (which is often combined with SP extracts), and chaste-tree (vitex).

I'd imagine Hops extract can work pretty well, since has properties in it that can inhibit the effects of testosterone (in men and women).

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon