Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Evebra finally available

After using this for two weeks, I can definitely say that it works as described - so far. In that short time, I have moved up to the size 3 domes, but I think I'll be on these domes for a while as they have more depth than between the size 1 and size 2 domes. I have about 3 inches initial swelling after immediately removing the domes and 1 inch residual swelling when it is time to put them back on.

The issues with the smart box were user error. I just wasn't getting as good of a seal as I needed. I now put hose clamps on each tube coming from each dome and put the domes on one at a time while clamped to make sure there is a good seal and no leakage. 

Also user error with the most comfortable way to sleep with them on. It is definitely best to sleep on the back with pillows arranged to account for the arch of the back and make the chest as level as possible. I now manage to sleep a full 7-8 hours without waking, leaks, or changing my rechargeable batteries. 

I'm starting to use my other machine to see if I can handle slightly higher pressures intermittently (30 mmHg on high end and 20 mmHg on low end).

Evebra also reached out last week to let me know that a free nurse consult is available for purchasers. I'll see if I can scheduled a consult after the holidays.

Only thing I have noticed so far is that the bra apparently leaks some of its dye onto clothes and on the rims themselves. There is a slight light purplish hue on the sides of the rim skirts but it doesn't affect their performance. Since the bras were brand new, I didn't wash them before using them. That might have helped.

I also came across this page on Dr. Khouri's surgery site about Brava and fat grafting. https://www.miamibreastcenter.com/how-bi...t-transfer I think it helps visualize how much growth you could get with Brava even without the fat grafting.  

Using this page, my band size is 29 (he uses the over the breast method) instead of 27 inches (beneath the breast where the actual band would lie) which meant I was an AA or close to an A cup before I started. If you can potentially double your size using evebra at least 12 hours daily for 6 months, this means I could gain up to additional 240 ccs (480 total) or a size B-D cup. Of course, the Evebra booklet says not to expect more than 2 cup sizes enhancement.

I'm glad things seem to be going well for you! Thanks again for sharing so many details. I felt like enough of my questions had been answered that I was willing to give it a try! It just arrived in the mail today. This is my first ever suction device, so everything about it is new to me. You're right-- it's super bulky! Absolutely enormous even with the size 1 domes. I couldn't possibly conceal this. I also can't imagine ever needing to size up from the size 1 domes!

I did a test run for just 30 minutes to see if I could get the hang of it. It feels like a weight is crushing my chest when the suction turns on. Hopefully I'll either find a more comfortable position for the domes or I'll get used to it. One thing that concerned me was that after just 30 minutes, my breasts turned purple. They also felt cold, but of course I couldn't touch them to see if they really were because they were inside the domes. Does this happen to you, too? I certainly didn't except my breasts to turn purple after just half an hour, and I was worried I was cutting off circulation.

(05-01-2024, 01:22 AM)here2learn Wrote:  I'm glad things seem to be going well for you! Thanks again for sharing so many details. I felt like enough of my questions had been answered that I was willing to give it a try! It just arrived in the mail today. This is my first ever suction device, so everything about it is new to me. You're right-- it's super bulky! Absolutely enormous even with the size 1 domes. I couldn't possibly conceal this. I also can't imagine ever needing to size up from the size 1 domes!

I did a test run for just 30 minutes to see if I could get the hang of it. It feels like a weight is crushing my chest when the suction turns on. Hopefully I'll either find a more comfortable position for the domes or I'll get used to it. One thing that concerned me was that after just 30 minutes, my breasts turned purple. They also felt cold, but of course I couldn't touch them to see if they really were because they were inside the domes. Does this happen to you, too? I certainly didn't except my breasts to turn purple after just half an hour, and I was worried I was cutting off circulation.
Purple breasts sounds very concerning. Admittedly, after I achieve a proper seal, I put on a loose shirt and don't see my breasts again until it's time to take the domes off. Every now and then they have a pinkish/reddish hue at the end which goes away after a few minutes. 

I'd call evebra and find out if something is wrong. The suction shouldn't be enough to turn your breasts that color unless the domes are not properly placed (i.e., are pinching or resting on breast tissue or using too much pressure to hold domes in place while the seal is being created.) I checked my color last night after an hour of pumping and they were normal.

I sometimes feel a tingling sensation when the domes are on but they don't feel cold. The suction definitely gives me a "crushing" feeling -esp. when lying down- when the pump is activated. When I take the domes off, I don't have much residual sensation of that so I don't pay it any notice.

I’m so glad I saw this! I want to chime in. I got the Eve bra about two weeks ago. I guess it’s a difference of physiology, but I can’t imagine wearing this for 12hrs. I get pretty intense pain in my sternum after about 2hrs, and the second night I tried sleeping in it, it left a big red welt on my sternum that’s still there. I got through 2hrs the first night, and maybe the 3 the second. Less the third. It also digs into my bottom rib enough while lying down that it would have woken me up, had I not already been up bc I felt like I was being stabbed in the chest lol. I also don’t know if my pump is working correctly or not. One night I knew I’d lost suction so I manually turned the pump back on and the beeping seemed to go on forever. I’m really envious that you’ve managed to sleep in this, I am finding it incredibly painful, and the pump to be super annoying.
I decided to try using it with my old noogleberry hand pump at a higher pressure for less time, and I’ve been doing that for over a week now. I am still having pain in my rib cage and sternum while it’s on, but I can handle it for 3hrs during the day. I’m getting great swelling, my A cups will need the largest cup it came with already tomorrow to keep my nipples from touching the edge by the time I take it off, so I’m going to call them Monday to see about the larger cups. 
From everything I’ve read, it might not ever be permanent at just 3hrs a day. I already bought the thing, so I guess my feeling is I might as well try. 

Yes, the smartbox was driving me crazy the first two weeks until I figured out where the domes needed to be placed so it wouldn't keep going off. Even minor adjustments helped, and adjusting the hooks on the bra. Although, it may be that the pump doesn't function correctly across several devices since there's now 2 of you who say it's too strong and two of us who say it's comfortable (enough to bear anyway).

On my first update, I mentioned that I can place the rims under my ribs to prevent pain/pressure there and I also use some cushion as well. You may want to try that in addition to whatever advice they give. I've never gotten any welts when using it but I did develop a tiny blister on the first night that resolved quickly. 

I advanced to the size 4 cups quicker than expected - just last week. I haven't had as dramatic swelling yet to indicate I need larger domes. I only switch to larger domes when a least 1 nipple actually hits the middle of the dome after pumping (my left breast is slightly larger than the right). I still have enough room for another 2 to 3 inches of swelling in them. With the bigger cups, I am alternating between sleeping sitting up and sleeping on my back since the suction feels different than the 2s and 3s.

I guess evebra is gonna be busy this week. I emailed them about the nurse consult but no one got back to me yet. Since we're just back from holiday I'll give them another day before I call and set it up.

I experimented with different dome placement and was able to wear the device without my breasts turning purple! But I'm still not able to get through an entire night with it on. It starts to become so painful where the rims are pressing into my skin that I can't take it after a couple of hours. There's a lot of pressure over the sternum, which might be because I have to have the silicone rims overlapping in that area in order to get the domes close enough together to fit me properly. It feels like the bra and domes are both too large for my frame. Even on the smallest settings, the bra is hanging off of me so it doesn't actually help keep the domes in place. I tried wearing the domes on their own without the bra last night, and I was able to get them placed a little better that way. However, I've also found the pump to be finicky, and it goes off constantly unless I have my arms pinned to my sides while I sleep.

The biggest issue for me is the dome diameter. They are at least 3 times the diameter of my breasts, which adds so much unnecessary bulk and discomfort. The silicone rims extend from my collar bones all the way down to my rib margin. I don't need negative pressure on my entire torso-- just my breasts! If the whole system was just smaller overall, I think I could make it work.

I wanted to use Evebra because I like that it's backed by science. But I'll ever be able to get these domes to work for me. I spent several hours on the forum this weekend reading about the other systems people have used and how others have DIY-ed their own BRAVA systems. Stwics looked like it might be smaller while still similar to BRAVA/Eve, but it is also very expensive. The small Noogleberry domes looked like they might have a smaller diameter than the Eve domes, and it sounds like people have made their own BRAVA-style pumps. I'm not sure how to proceed!

I'll be interested to hear what you learn from your conversation with the nurse consult! I emailed the info address last week after the purple breast incident, and I still haven't heard back. Did Evebra reach out to you to offer a nurse consult? Because I haven't heard anything from them since purchasing.

I’m glad people are finally trying out “low and slow” pumping again because there have always extremely few personal logs about this style of pumping. I’m also really surprised to see so many people saying that the suction on this new system feels too strong. Like I said before, I own an old Brava pump and the suction is barely perceptible. It only starts to hurt a bit after many, many hours, and even then, it’s only a dull soreness on my sternum where the cup ring sits. I have a bony narrow chest and I’m a AA. I wonder what changed? Why would this newer system be so much less comfortable?

(08-01-2024, 01:10 AM)here2learn Wrote:  I experimented with different dome placement and was able to wear the device without my breasts turning purple! But I'm still not able to get through an entire night with it on. It starts to become so painful where the rims are pressing into my skin that I can't take it after a couple of hours. There's a lot of pressure over the sternum, which might be because I have to have the silicone rims overlapping in that area in order to get the domes close enough together to fit me properly. It feels like the bra and domes are both too large for my frame. Even on the smallest settings, the bra is hanging off of me so it doesn't actually help keep the domes in place. I tried wearing the domes on their own without the bra last night, and I was able to get them placed a little better that way. However, I've also found the pump to be finicky, and it goes off constantly unless I have my arms pinned to my sides while I sleep.

The biggest issue for me is the dome diameter. They are at least 3 times the diameter of my breasts, which adds so much unnecessary bulk and discomfort. The silicone rims extend from my collar bones all the way down to my rib margin. I don't need negative pressure on my entire torso-- just my breasts! If the whole system was just smaller overall, I think I could make it work.

I wanted to use Evebra because I like that it's backed by science. But I'll ever be able to get these domes to work for me. I spent several hours on the forum this weekend reading about the other systems people have used and how others have DIY-ed their own BRAVA systems. Stwics looked like it might be smaller while still similar to BRAVA/Eve, but it is also very expensive. The small Noogleberry domes looked like they might have a smaller diameter than the Eve domes, and it sounds like people have made their own BRAVA-style pumps. I'm not sure how to proceed!

I'll be interested to hear what you learn from your conversation with the nurse consult! I emailed the info address last week after the purple breast incident, and I still haven't heard back. Did Evebra reach out to you to offer a nurse consult? Because I haven't heard anything from them 
I have a narrow bony chest and I bought Brava domes a very long time ago. I wasn’t able to find their smallest dome size available for sale at the time, so I ended up getting a slightly deeper but still very narrow set of domes. I gave up trying to use them after just a few days. They were way too big for me, especially because the rings were too wide for the center of my sternum. They kept loosing suction constantly. I had exactly the same problem you’re having. I switched to size small noogleberry cups and their silicone rings (not the foam rings). I know I keep repeating this in this thread, but I knew there was a good chance the Evebra domes just wouldn’t be narrow enough for a lot of thin women. If you decide to try out the noogleberry domes, you might find that the tubing doesn’t fit and needs to be replaced with other tubing and connectors etc. That’s a pretty easy fix though. I saw that you were looking for low profile domes in another thread, and it’s true that the NB domes look like torpedoes, but it’s really unlikely you’ll find a set of domes that isn’t glaringly obvious and ridiculous looking under clothing. If you do somehow find some, please let us know.

@here2learn

I'm glad you were able to find a better dome placement. I'm sorry if they are too bulky. They pretty much engulf my entire chest too - unlike the model. I actually like that you can overlap the rim skirts at the sternum to get a seal and keep suction. That doesn't cause me any discomfort although it is just skin and bone. I doubt you'll find any domes that are not noticeable to wear in public and, even if you did, you'd probably outgrow them quickly and need bigger domes and be back at square one.

I tried the stiwcs and they were very painful to me despite using my own low pressure pump. You spent a lot on the evebra so it makes more sense to call them for help or else return them before the 30 day period to get the refund than spend time trying to find another system that likely doesn't exist.

They emailed me about the consult 2 weeks or so after I ordered so they probably wait a while before letting customers know. 

----

I called them today and the nurse actually called me back a few hours later. She was friendly and helpful and let me know I could contact her any time for questions. You don't need to wait for them to contact you if you have questions or issues with evebra. Calling seems better than emailing.

She gave me lots of info on different topics even though I didn't specifically ask for it - such as it is normal to have a slight purple color when pumping. The domes shouldn't hurt or dig into the skin - if it does, not enough jelly is being used. 

I asked some questions about the smart box and found that it is expected to go up each dome size in about 1-2 weeks. I'm on track so far but I'm thinking I may plateau at the 4 domes and not need to order 5 or 6. We'll see.

She confirmed that when the nipple touches the dome it is time to size up. I wanted to know how to tell when you are through with the sessions but she could only say that noticeable consistent size difference won't happen until month 3. Continuing past then will result in more tissue being gained. I'm just going to stick with the Brava guideline and hope I don't have to go more than 4 months. The website has more graphs on that (at 0-8 weeks all swelling is still temporary edema and not fat/tissue growth).

I've been experimenting with different dome placement during the daytime to try to figure out a set up I might be able to get through a whole night with! My problem sounds a lot like Blue792's, with pain in my sternum, armpits, and ribs preventing me from keeping it on for more than a few hours. This didn't occur to me at first, but I think some of my issues might be because I have pectus excavatum, so I have rib flare and a depressed sternum. Maybe that results in unusual pressure points on my body? I've tried some of the tips that breast4success shared as well as some random experiments and I've found the most comfortable placement to be without the bra, with the domes very high up on my chest so that the bottom of the domes are just beneath my breast crease, and with the domes rotated inward towards one another so that the tops of the domes are touching and the bottoms of the domes are more wide apart. Rotating the domes helps take the pressure off my armpits and helps me to get a more comfortable placement on my ribs. Last night I decided to give sleeping with the domes another go!

However, terrible news! My pump just died! First, it was sputtering as it tried to create a vacuum, and then overnight it would just click repeatedly without evacuating any air. I replaced the batteries, reconnected all the tubing and made sure there were no leaks, and restarted the pump multiple times. Nothing! I haven't dropped it or damaged it in any way, so I'm so confused why this has happened. I noticed there is a clear chamber where liquid collects (sweat, I assume) that I figured was to protect the pump from being damaged by the moisture. It looked like I should be able to open that chamber up and pour out the liquid but I haven't found a way to do so, so I just let it be. There is never very much liquid in there, but I wonder if that might have contributed to the death of my pump? I can't believe it's only been 9 days and the pump has stopped working!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon