Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Best thing for Estrogen Dominance???

Did your doctor just tell you that your hormone levels are normal or did he also give you a copy of the results? I'm just asking cause I've had my hormones tested before and when I called for my results he told me "Oh, everything's fine!" I said ok but could you please send my a copy of my results in the mail. He did and the results showed certain irregularities. There was a little sticky post attached to the sheet asking me to schedule another appointment in order to figure out why they were out of balance. Dodgy

The thing is most doctors tend to tell you that your hormones are fine unless they are seriously out of whack. Also most doctors don't even ask you whether you are taking any hormonal supplements (like bcp) or what phase of your mestrual cycle you are in (which is very important). Many doctors think that testing one's hormones is useless anyway since the results vary. That's true but also a very stupid reason not to test them.

Even if your hormones don't show any major irregularities you seriously should take a look at them and figure out how 'normal' they really are. It's possible that you have a hormonal imbalance even if all of your hormones are within the range. For example if your estrogen levels are in the lower range and your androgen levels are in the upper range you are probably experiencing symptoms of estrogen deficiency.

I don't think you should bother your doctor with such thoughts but you should ask him for a copy of the results (for the records) and you can look at them yourself. This can be very revealing! Wink

Thanks for all the helpful info. I will give my doctor a call to see if he can send me the results. He just told me my results were all normal, but I was low on iron...again. I am often iron deficient, which could explain the fatigue. I'm taking OTC iron pills now. I am on birth control, and my doctor knows that because he prescribed it. If it does turn out that my levels really are normal, would you happen to know what I could do for my NBE program?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon