Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Are you suffering from Vitiligo?

Vitiligo is more commonly known as leucoderma, which simply means white (leuco) skin (derma), i.e. a skin disorder where it loses its normal coloration. It is also medically known as achromia, which means loss of color.

Basically, Vitiligo can hardly be called as a disease but a skin- disorder that has more social than medical significance, especially amongst the dark skin people. Due to retarded melanin formation, there is loss of pigmentation.

The Vitiligo sufferers are observed all over the world, including the white skin communities. However, epidemiologically most cases are recorded in India (8.8%) and Mexico. Males and females are affected equally, inclusive of children age group. It may begin at any age. Childhood vitiligo is not uncommon.

http://www.supercareproducts.com

While this is a spam post it does bring up a good topic--Vitiligo.

In a milder form of it of tiny spots the size of a pencil lead, that come up on your arms and legs when you tan, it's a sign of adrenal fatigue. Other than that ignore the spam and don't click the link. haha

There is a yeast like orgasmic called Tinea Versicolor which does cause white spots but I have never seen these spots on the hands only the arms and trunk and groid.

Tinea Versicolor can come up as white or beige spots depending on your skin color. My son had it last summer. His came up as the beige spots and covered his whole trunk. They do look very similar to the actual Vitiligo disease in shape and size and I guess for someone with a dark complexion it would probably be pretty scary since it would look more white than skin ton. My great uncle who was native american had Vitiligo and I remember how very white it looked on him. It ended up being very disfiguring so you can imagine my concern when my son started having skin discoloration patches show up also and my relief to find it was only yeast and took a amtter of 4 days to fix.

I on the other hand do have the very very tiny Vitiligo spots that are on my arms and legs where i have tanned over the years. If what they say is true, it's related to my adrenal and not a sign of contracting the actual disease since it does run in my family in some manner.

Mel

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon