Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

PM Help & Advice Please!

Smile 

Hi Smile
I've been taking herbs for about 3-4 weeks, and was thinking of adding PM cream.
Is this best or should I take it in pill form?
I don't know much about this however, so any help/info would be great Smile
Thanks! xx

I'm not an expert on PM but I'd prefer the cream over the pills. If you take it in pill form it might be hard on your liver especially if you are taking a whole bunch of other pills as well.

The downsides of taking it orally include that part of the hormones are inactivated during the process of liver metabolization and it also stimulates the liver which may result in the production of more blood clotting factors.

Transdermal absorption bypasses the liver and the compounds enter the blood stream directly. But I don't know whether PM can be absorbed transdermally. I would say it does because what would be the point of making PM creams in the first place then.

I think it would be a good idea to use PM cream while taking the other herbs in pill form. The only downside is that you don't know how much exactly you're using. But as long as it works I guess it's fine. Just watch out for stalling.

Thanks for the advice...
How would you know if you were stalling? xx

If you take too much of the phytoestrogens your body signals the pituitary that there is enough estrogen and no need for further production. The ovaries then cease production. That's what you want to avoid. The key is to take a high enough dose for growing which is low enough not to trigger the negative feedback response.

Signs of stalling are: not seeing any results or the absence of growing signs like aches and tingles over a certain period of time. To test if this is due to stalling you are supposed to stop everything for about 5 or 7 days and if you experience growing signs during that time you were stalled. The later the growing signs occur the more stalled you were .
I got this info from a thread from the old page:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/371678/th...g+in+NBE-- (see Wahaika's reply)

To avoid this from the beginning you can use the method of ramping up which is also explained there.

btw, it's easier for skinny girls to stall.

Hope that helps Smile

I see Smile
I took about 4 days break a week or two ago, due to illness. I had pains on about 2nd/3rd day of not taking anything. Since restarting I haven't had any pain, but have only been restarted about a week... should I stop intake do you think? And then if I get pain on this break lower my dosage?
Thanks Suri Smile xx

That sounds like you've in fact been stalled. I would suggest that you try to ramp up the dosages. Therefore start with low amounts and slowly increase the dosages until you feel growing signs. Then stay at those dosages for a while. You may need to adjust it further in the future. It's all balancing. That's why herbs can be quite tricky. The best time to start is supposed to be the first day of the cycle.

There is a model schedule when you click on the link from my other post. I would recommend that you create your own but it illustrates the whole idea very well.

The good thing is, this way we learn to be more aware of our bodies Smile

How quickly should I feel growing signs?
Sorry for all the questions lol!x

There is really no one size fits all approach. I would say make sure you start with amounts that are low enough so that you won't stall right away. Then slowly start adding more to it until you get the growing signs.

The dosages depend on your individual needs. If you are for example really skinny you need lower amounts and you're easier to stall.

I can't tell you how long this will take. Your body is supposed to tell you this Wink

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon