Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Substitute for coffee?

Are there any Energy drinks You guys would recommend? I don't Like the smell of red bull so I gather I won't like the taste.

What do you guys drink to stay awake?

Isn't it the caffiene you would be trying to avoid anyhow? (Which energy drinks are still full of).

I'm a tea addict myself, there's a tea called Yerba Mate that has NATURAL stimulating properties but without the same harsh effects of caffiene. I get it with ginger, it tastes great.

http://www.miyerbamate.com/content/Yerba...ffeine.htm

(:

Hi there. i am a fellow NBEer and a coffee addict.I don't drink many sodas at all,and when i do drink those,it is Sprite or Ginger Ale 90% of the time. I eat healthy for the most part. I eat a fairly balanced amount of everything.I eat more fruit than sweets,but I make awesome New York style cheesecakes and those are a weakness of mine,so I try not to make them too often.
Anyway- i have not found it necessary to really change what I eat.Except I try to add more boobie foods.I have been successful at NBE and am now continuing my program again to get even bigger and get to my goal.Keep in mind I also smoke,and I am not recommending anyone to smoke if they don't,but it is not supposed to be good for NBE either,but I still grew a little more than a cup size.
Here's the thing with coffee: you can still drink it,but keep it atleast an hour away from taking herbs.I do not take my herbs until after lunch,so I still indulge in my coffee.I take my herbs,then if it's been over an hour and I feel like coffee or a coffee drink,I do not deny myself. You can also drink decaffinated coffee or teas if you want to totally cut out caffeine. Keep in mind that if you are used to drinking caffeine in any form daily,you will develop headaches from caffeine withdrawals.So,if you are going to cut it out,do it gradually.

Amen to that mel. I cut out caffiene and most sugar at the same time. mostly sodas as I was not a coffee drinker. It was not a pretty site.Big Grin

andy

Is it OK to drink decaffinated coffee or tea please?

I too was a tea addict but now only drink decaffinated coffee.

Am I doing it right?

Thanks.

Sara- you are doing it right. You can have all the decaf coffee or tea u want. Andy- yea, I tried to go decaf,too,and it was not pretty for me either. I felt like death warmed over.Blush

Thanks guys!! I fell asleep During the day on my 1st time of "no coffee" strike haha

I am going to Continue taking my pills an hour after I drink coffee.

I for one second thought I could cut out coffee and just focus on the pills and when I couldn't I wanted to look for something that would keep me awake but wouldn't interfere with msm and other stuff

I like 5 hour energy. You may have seen the commercials- its basically a shot of a clear liquid that tastes kind of fruity. there's some caffeine in it, but hardly any sugar. You're gonna want to drink half, wait a bit and drink the rest for the first few days... its upsets some people's stomach, but I've never had a problem myself.

i rec comend XS by nutrilite/amway...they have about 10 flavours, from cola and rootbeer to wildberry and tea berry blast, they also have a box of assorted flavors so you can try them all. they don't have sugar and they only have 0-2 carbs and they have a great caffiene free one, it tastes like cream soda, my boyfriend loves it...

they also have all these vitamins and animo acids,

it costs$31.20 for a box of 12 cans thats like &2.60 /can, cheaper than what you'd pay at mac's or some other store. they can contain the same amount as any other energy drink, but i can personally vouche they don't bring you up then give you a sugar crash. half the time i don't realize it's working, it just does, you think oh man i don't feel jumpy it must not be working, then you look at the clock and realize it's beeen 6 hours and you laugh because it DID work, so amazing.

if you want you can go to www.nutrilitehealth.ca

Smile

hope this helps

CselesTyna...nvr heard of this drink before. Sounds super cool and effective! When I have too much I often get shakey with coffee.

Stella I've been wanting to try the 5 hr drink for awhile and my frie d recommended the same technique you dd about drinking a little and the taking the rest later, must have been the upset stack thing as well. Does it make you jittery to drink it all at once?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon