Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Collagen

So i was thinking...

ive read alot about powdered collagen, in fact i was watching oprah one day about a year ago and they were doing a "beauty arounf the world" episode and they said that in japan powdered collagenmixed into a drink once or twice a day was the biggest beauty trend because they believe it helps skin and that the skin is the most beutiful part if the body...

I have 4 bottle of Neocell's super collagen+C Type 1&3../.there are 350 tablets in each bottle and it says to take 6 tablets (6grams) per day...

i thought if i crushed them into a powder and just mixed it with drink it might work the same way?????

how many of you take powdered collagen and would you be able to tell me the ingredients in the powder so i can compare??? also what brand(s) do you use???

thanks and good luck to everyone!!!

I love the neocell collagen....doctors best also makes a type I & 3. Both brands also makes a power....you just use one scoop and day in your oj. Well, thats how I took it.
But the skin benefits are worth even taking the 6 pills. Love how it poofs up my lips.
I don't know about crushing them...I'd just take them as is....and buy the powder next time.

I also use the neocell and think it's the best bang for the buck. About crushing them. I really don't think that will change what they do for you or how your body uses them. If you are just dying to try it out, then go for it, but it's the same content whether crushed or still in the tablet form. Also it may not mix as well with your drink as the powder form which is made for mixing. It may just settle to the bottom and require you to stir it constantly as you drink it.

well i contacted the neocell company they said that i coulod crush them Smile

so i put the tablets into my magic bullet single shot and it made it into a superfine powder! it was finer than the ones i ground up myself!

its great i mix it with my O.J, but i have to put it into my water bottle and shake it REALLY REALLY well otherwise it all sits at the top really gross like...i love doing it this way because a hate tablets Smile

now i actually make an effort to take the collagen Smile

I've been considering to take collagen, its also said to be a good nbe product. However i can't be sure if the effects of it are permanent.

It helps grow boobs, smoothen the skin, full the lips etc, but do we have to take it all the time, until we die? does anyone have any information about the permanancy of the product?

i will probably take it forever, as we age our bodies stop producing the miberals and things our bodies need, that includes collagen, i may only be 21 but i figure if i start now my body will thank me later, besides, taking collagen gives me an escuse to buy yummy orange juice Smile

I was wondering, what kind of noticeable effects have been seen using the Collagen supplements?

Is Neocell the top recommendation?

I think the neocell and doctors best simply because they were the only type 1 and 3 collagen supplements I found.
Type 2 collagen is mainly for joints and ligaments.
Types 1 and 3 are more for the skin.
I found this....

Overall, the amount of collagen in the skin tends to decline with age. However, different types of collagen behave differently. In particular, a child's skin has a lot of collagen III, the type is common in fast growing tissues. The abundance of the type III collagen is partly responsible for the softness of the young skin. As the body growth slows down, the skin content of type III collagen declines, while that of type I increases. In fact, type I collagen continues to build up until about the age of 35, when the skin reaches the peak of its mechanical strength. After that, type I begins to decline as well. The dynamic of age-related changes in other collagen types remains unclear. However, we do know that by the age of 60, all types of collagen are significantly below their youthful levels.

I think its fabulous for the skin...I'm in my late 40's and have taken it for years. My age is usually assumed to be in my early to mid 30's. Which is always good for a laugh when I'm out with my 28 year old daughter.
I think your face thins as you age...and this just adds a bit of poof to everything. My skin is also so soft. I'm scared to stop actually. Wink

One of the first things I noticed with the collagen was fuller lips, which I really like. I take it not only for skin but also for adrenal support.

most of the posts in the archives people said they were taking neocell...i like it....my breasts seem fuller and its so easy to take when they're powdered, just put in a sports bottle with some orange juice and shake the hell outta it, and its awesome! SmileSmile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon