Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Estrogen &Progesterone Imbalances - Natural Progesterone Cream

Thank you for your post on this subject.

I have followed Dr. Lees guidelines, with his less cream is best approach.

At that point I was able to use the over the counter cream with great results. That was at age 49, when the only symptom was excruciatingly painful breasts and an instense sweat (hot flash) about 2 x week. Taking the cream 2x day at just a fraction of the recommended dose, quieted those symptoms.

Turn the page and I am now 52 and truly entering menopause.. I had a total of 6 monthly periods last year, my last being 3 months ago. I am seeing a physician who upon seeing I had no progesterone/blood workout results, placed me on a bioidentical progesterone cream from a NJ compounding pharmacy. Starting point dose being 50 mg in the quanity of 1 millimeter of cream, to be applied once a day at bedtime, on the lower arms.

This is a major change from the rotation application I have done. Also is a change to 1x a day. Now on the 5th day I am not sure this is bringing on a headache or if that headache is one of those pre menstrual ones I get prior to monthly.

And the last change that I am not too keen on is that there is no cycling (I still do get my period on occasion and have read even if you don't it is wise to cycle 3 weeks on and 1 week off). I will be cycling in spite of the initial recommendations. I did read Dr Lees book and it does make sense to cycle.

I decided to reduce the dose to 20 mg eve (approx) and 10 mg morning (approx) and go back to a rotation approach, following the specifics you gave on your post. I would rather come up short in progesterone and have to increase it, than to overdo and get a negative system response.

This Dr is very cooperative and easy to deal with, so there will not be any negativity regarding changes made to his directions.

The Dr plans to add other hormonal doses to this after he sees what the blood workup reads from this dosing with progesterone.

I also am taking 1 mg of melatonin nightly, in accordance with not just this Drs advice, but with the author of Melatonin Miracle. It makes perfect sense, and offers hormonal balance/support.

I veggie juice daily and am working ground flax seed into my diet.

I am reviewing ionic trace minerals just in case there is any validity to their use.

Blood work up read complete deficit in progesterone.
Fixing the progesterone first to see if the other lower areas are boosted naturally, for the others are on the low side, with the exception of high testosterone (which may be due to contamination by husband doing Testosterone cream/he now washes all off before coming near bed or me) Re test on blood levels should show the testosterone down if indeed he was a contaminating source!

Blood tests:
PROGESTERONE <0.5
Estradiol 21
Cortisol AM 10.4
Testosterone 50
DHEA 54
FSH 43.4
TSH 3RD GENERATION 4.02

All bases covered or are they? Do you have any suggestions? Open to all resources and thank you for your time.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Messages In This Thread
Estrogen &Progesterone Imbalances - Natural Progesterone Cream - by admin - 06-03-2010, 10:28 AM
RE: Estrogen &Progesterone Imbalances - Natural Progesterone Cream - by Sensuwolf - 26-02-2011, 04:50 PM
RE: Estrogen &Progesterone Imbalances - Natural Progesterone Cream - by Wahaika - 02-03-2011, 09:34 PM