Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Junk food Boosts Boob Size in Younger Generations

Junk food Boosts Boob Size in Younger Generations
December 3 2008 at 3:20 PM
Stella Hawkins (Login stellaH)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Junk Food Boosts Boob Size in Younger Generations
What else?

By Stefan Anitei, Science Editor

16th of November 2007, 20:46 GMT

This is scientifically proven: women, at least in the western world, are getting bigger breasts with each generation. A new report made by Daily Mail states that on average, British women have passed in just 10 years from bra size 34B to 36C.

This has forced lingerie companies to come with stocks of GG, H, HH and J-cup bras for the first time, and even 3 different K-cup bras. It appears that the next generations will see a lot of 'Pamela Andersons' on the streets, only that the boobs will be natural.

It's easy to think that it's all due to silicone implants: indeed, women aged 21-30 age appeal to breast augmentation in 60 % of the cases, compared to just 7 % undergoing breast reduction. But these women form a small percentage of the overall.

Of course, women experience natural fluctuations of breast size: boobs grow in the week before the period, due to hormonal changes. Contraceptive pills too boost breast size. In the end, they are just mixes of hormones. "There is a tendency for the pill to stimulate breast growth. However, modern versions of the pill contain far less estrogen than their older counterparts, so it is not fair to attribute this shift in its entirety to the pill." Said Professor Pierre-Marc Cilles Bouloux, a consultant endocrinologist and physician at The London Clinic.

Polluted waters with sewer and industrial wastes can contain chemicals mimicking estrogen. This residual estrogen can enter water supply or accumulate in fish people consume. It has been speculated that some aliments, from soy bean to almonds, would comprise boob boosting factors.

There are also available today many products aimed for breast enhancing, natural or not, like extract of the Thai legume called Kwao Krua (Pueraria mirifica), which comes as pills, tea or chewing gum, and releases three phytoestrogens, mimicking estrogens, like
isoflavone.

Still, most experts blame this on an overall weight: if women of the '50s displayed 27.5in (70 cm) waist, the modern average is 34in (85 cm). "The larger we become overall, then the larger women's breasts will become. Breasts are increasing because women today have a higher proportion of fat in their breasts than they used to," said Dr Joanna Scurr, a principal lecturer in biomechanics at the University of Portsmouth and breast biomechanics expert.

"The structure of the breast is divided into the functional glandular element - comprising the milk ducts and support tissues - and fat. The functional part of the breast changes size at certain points during a woman's life. It will get bigger when she's pregnant and breast-feeding - this is why women's breasts generally get bigger at this time, and smaller when they're going through the menopause. This is because the body no longer needs the breast for milk. But otherwise this functional part of the breast doesn't change. So the increased breast size is due to the increase in fat that women carry." said Scurr.

Thus junk food seems to be the culprit. "All those calories end up on the hips, and breasts. Women are also drinking far too much alcohol, which is not only unhealthy but highly calorific." nutritionist Jane Clarke told Daily Mail.

"I'm only a size eight, so I can't blame my large breasts on being overweight. It's true that men zoom in on them, but I can't wear fashionable backless tops or boob tubes because they don't offer any support. When you've got large breasts it's incredibly expensive to buy wellfitting bras because they cost at least �30 - and that's without the matching knickers. I look at the older generations in my family and I'm envious of their figures." Jane-Louise Atherton, a 22-year-old fitness instructor, better endowed than her mother and grandmother, told Daily Mail.

"It's strange how bust sizes are getting bigger, although it's difficult to tell which breasts are natural and which are false. Women are taller, curvier and even their feet are bigger.", said Jane-Louise's grandmother Betty Cox, 80, possessor of 34B breasts. "I think it must be down to all this processed food and sugary sweets that young people eat today. I have lots of friends who look at their daughter's breasts and wonder where they have come from." said Jane-Louise's mother Linda, a 34DD.

"Young girls wore vests, not bras, when we were growing up and I didn't buy a bra until I was 15. I have definitely noticed that young girls today are lucky enough to have the sort of ample bosom that my generation could only have dreamed of.", said Yvonne Clark, 69, told Daily Mail.

"My friends and I still had the underdeveloped bodies of children when we were 18. I wore my first bra some time after 15. Diet and lifestyle are so different these days. When I was growing up we ate a basic diet of meat, game and vegetables. Chocolates, sweets and puddings were a treat and we'd spend our time riding our bikes and playing outdoor games - not sitting in front of computers. I'm not surprised the young generation are bigger all over - I probably would have been if I'd consumed all that they do.", added 67-year-old Barbara Haywood, 36B, a ballroom dancing instructor, whose 22-year-old granddaughter Miranda has 30G breasts.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon