Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

bruising with NB

Okay, I seem to have noogled a bit too hard, last night I got some bruising on the top of my breasts. The thing is, I got bruises from pumping with the soft rings on - they give me a suction sensation somehow. Without the rings I just get red circles around my boobs that disappear in a few hours.
So my question is: should I wait a few days before going back to noogling? I´m a newbie with this method so I´m not sure what I should do.
thanks for any input!

Hi Bibi, i had some bruising once when i first started, but i think you should lay off for a day or 2 just so you dont make the bruising worse, but im sure you would be ok to continue as normal but thats what i would do hun, good luck.
Hugs Cheryl xxxx

Thanks for your reply Cheryl! I stopped noogling and today the bruises look a bit lighter, I´m applying some arnica gel as well. I think my skin is extremely sensitive and everything shows because I´m very pale so I´ll have to be more careful. :s
Also, I´m thinking that when I got the bruises I was using a different lotion, I was using a more expensive one before so maybe it was better quality and that was why I had no problems before. Anyway, thanks for your advice, I´ll let you all know if I have problems later on.
happy growing! Heart

i noticed that the lotion ones uses does have an effect.The thicker the lotion the better.I use Nivea Q10 firming cream and it is really good.If it firms them up too that would be a bonus tooWink

Hi Bibi,

I've only had my NB for 3 weeks, and like you I mark very easy. When I use the rings I get terrible hickey marks that last for days and I can't wear and low tops. I think it's because the foam wipes the cream off your breast as it sucks it past.

I used the rings for the first 2 weeks and had new marks each day. For the last week I've stopped using them, because they started to curl up and leak air, but I'm glad because without using them I now never get the hickey marks.

But apparently according to another member you can get indent marks on your chest. Dodgy

Anyway moral of the story is if you don't wont the hickey marks don't use the rings. good luck

okay a little advice on my experience with rings and cushioning the domes... when I first started with NB I ordered the medium domes, I was a 32B at the time, and I ordered the rings... I tried them and after the first time HATED them, they felt like what they are, harsh foam being pushed against your chest, and well I have psoriasis, that didn't agree with the rings and I broke out in a rash in a nice circle around my breast, lovely huh? So I stopped using them, after that I would get red rings after pumping but they would go away in 1 to 2 hours after pumping, and if you take a hot shower after and let the water run down your chest for a few minutes, by the time you hop out the ring marks are gone or almost gone. So if you wanna pump before a hot date, that's the trick to do Big Grin

now I never experienced indentations with the mediums, I moved up to the large after a couple months, still no indents. Then when I moved to the XL's about 3 or 4 months after using the L's and filling them... after using the XL's without prepumping with the L's first, I started noticing somewhat indentions, where I could see the circle around my breasts waaayyy after pumping, they lasted all day, no redness, but I could see an indent in my skin, but it was only noticeable to me... so I looked into alternatives to the foam rings for cushioning, some use cut up yoga mats, etc. then I found people were using campers tape, so I thought what the heck and ordered some, and let me tell ya that is the BEST thing I ever did!!! The pressure from the XL's is VERY intense and that padding was exactly what I needed. What I do now... I have a layer of campers tape on the rim of my domes and I put plastic cling wrap over it in a way so that my lotion doesn't mess up the tape (cause you will start going through alot of tape if you don't protect it) and well to get more I'd have to order it and shipping takes 2 to 6 weeks to get here, and I don't want to have to wait that long, so I use the cling wrap and it's working wonderfully. I replace the cling wrap once a week and it's a cheap alternative that is easily accessible. I have had no problems with indents since. Hope this helps and good luck!

Thanks guys for all your good advice!
I´m slowly getting back to noogling, the bruises are gone and I´ve started to do the pump and release method. That seems to be working better on my skin, I don´t even get those red rings anymore. Also, I check every now and then and if I´m getting marks I massage a bit with more lotion and that seems to help.
I´m using the medium domes for now, am kind of worried about the effect of larger ones! I´ll certainly use the campers tape if I ever get to use the large domes.

Gettingthere: yes I think it has something to do with the rings, I felt some sort of sucking when I used them, so that could be causing some bruising as well. I remember trying to leave a mark on my arm by sucking the skin when I was a kid, the bruises I got from the foam rings were something like that (oh, and I probably got "marked" like that by some infantile boyfriend once as well, a long time ago).

Well, good luck everyone and happy growing!

The bruising or hicky marks are usually from the little crease between where the foam meets the cups and when pumped it pulls the skin in just enough to pinch it. I found if I put saran wrap with the ring it wouldn't do it, so that got me thinking so I expeirmented last week.

So here's the deal if you want to use the foam rings.
1. you ned to glue them
2. you need to use a silicone based adhesive and smooth a thin coat of it on the inside of the ring where the foam meets the cup, to seal that little crease. Once that is sealed it won't leave hicky marks/bruises.

I used the same glue to glue on the rings and to seal the little crease. It created the most incredible seal and the glue won't turn loose of the foam no matter how hard you pump.

It's by liquid nails and is in a small tube and is a silicone adhesive. it runs about 3.89 at lowes and cures fuly in 18 hours. Love it and it gave the rings a smooth texture of silicone where I rubbed it on the inside.

This has me thinking of ways to create an actual silicone base for the XL domes that will be permanent. I found a really soft foam tubing about 2/3 round that is used for insulating water pipes for about 3 bucks at lowes. It comes with a split down it so the rims fit right inside of it. I'm going to use a large cup that I cracked the rim on since it's no good now. I plan to take a tube of the silicone adhesive and fill the inside of the tube and then sit the L cup down inside the tube so that the silicone will surround the rim on top and bottom, but way more on the bottom and let it set. I figure if this works, it might be the closest we can get to an acutal silicone base like the brava cups have. I probabl won't get to trying it for another week or so, but I will update with how it turns out.

Mel

forgot to attach the pic of the glue I use so you will recognize it if you go looking at it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

like a build-your-own brava dome! let us know how it turns out, definitely! maybe suggest to lucy...

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon