Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

IMPORTANT! I start my period tomorrow do I still take my BCP?

Shocked 

I thought it'd be best to post here rather than the other thread that seemed old. But this is important because I don't want to mess anything up.

My question here is.. I think I am getting my period tomorrow because I just noticed spotting. When you are on BCP, are you supposed to avoid taking them when you are in the process of your menstruation cycle for the how ever long your period lasts for that week?.. and then when it has stopped, you start on the BCP again?

..Or are you supposed to still take them when you are on your period?Huh

I think it depends what birth control your on most you take for 21 days and then come off for 7 days (have your period) and then repeat.

Milani

I still take mine when I get my period, but the last row of pills are like a placebo. The last row is the reason why I get my period every month while on BC. It does depend on your pills though. I think asking your doctor might be the best thing to do.

YAZ. I hate it! I think I have PMDD. It's like the first 3 weeks on it were good. Good mood. Then the last four is just TERRIBLE!! (the white placebo pills) I get all depressed like it's crazy, and cant control my anger....Sad

Hmmm...Yaz is supposed to help with PMDD isn't it? How long have you been on it? Maybe you need to switch to something else.

You should call your doc or ask a pharmacist just to make sure...but I'm pretty sure you're supposed to just keep taking them as prescribed. You have to get your body used to the hormones and stopping would probably mess up the cycle.

Well, I have only been taking it for 3 weeks now. Almost finished - on last pill of the week now. I feel like a zombie to be quite honest and I have already gained about 9 or so lb. Definitely not happy in the least.

Has anyone heard about Yasmine BCP and if it's better than YAZ? With their results?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon