Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

what does EPO do?

Hi all, this is probably a stupid question but what is the role of evening primrose oil in nbe? I see it recommended a lot but I haven´t found out what it´s for, does it have an effect on hormones or does it help to "feed" the production of boobs?
I´m wondering if I should take it, that´s why I´m asking.
Thanks for any explanation! Heart

It is rich in GLA.EPO and flaxseed are taken since they are rich in omegas and are good sources of the healthy oils/fat that we need.

Aha thank you!! I´ll start taking it then.

Welcome dearWink

Evening primrose is a flowering herbaceous plant found in North and SouthAmerica as well as Europe. The flowers are generally four petalled and yellow in color and bloom in summer. Evening primrose was used as an astringent and as a healing poultice for wounds. The seeds of the flowers are used to extract evening primrose oil which contains Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA) which is an essential fatty acid.
Chemical composition of Evening Primrose Oil
Evening primrose oil contains linolenic acid 65-75%, gamma linolenic acid 9-11%, Oleic Acid 7-10%, Palmitic Acid 5-8%, Stearic Acid 1-3%, Arachidic Acid 2%, Eicosenoic Acid 2%, Alpha-linolenic acid 0.5%. GLA is an essential Omega 6 fatty acid that helps in maintaining skin moisture.
Benefits of Evening Primrose Oil

* Evening Primrose Oil helps in treating eczema and psoriasis.
* Evening Primrose Oil is said to aid in fertility by increasing fertile mucus in women
* Evening Primrose Oil helps to alleviate pre-menstrual symptoms
* Evening Primrose Oil is considered useful in reducing breast pain (mastalgia) caused by menstrual symptoms and fibromyalgia
* Evening Primrose Oil is said to be helpful in treating breast cysts
* Evening Primrose Oil maintains skin moisture and helps in healing dry skin
* Evening Primrose Oil in combination with thyme is said to be effective in treating bronchitis

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon