Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Varicose Veins?!

I've been doing NBE for 1.5 months using only Fenugreek and Fennel with no side effects. I added in Wild Yam (575mg) 1x day and took it for 5 days but then stopped bc I was getting less tingles. Around that same time I started getting shooting pains and heaviness in my legs. Now I have a terrible pain in my legs and hands and I've developed several veins all over my legs and bulging veins on my feet!

Could the Wild Yam be the cause of the veins?! I think I was leaning towards estrogen dominance when i did the online test, so I thought the Wild Yam would help balance things. I've been eating A LOTof eggs tho...maybe too many. I don't know if that would make my veins that way. I have a history of high cholesterol and bad circulation as it was. Also, I'm going to start on birth control for the first time and now I'm really scared it's going to mess with my hormones more and give me more veins!

Wild yam by itself don't do much for estrogen dominance. What you need is progesterone cream which is made from wild yam not directly from wild yam itself.

As for the matter of high cholesterol you can try lowering it by taking salmon fish oil or fish oil. Ginkgo are good for those with bad blood circulation problem. Alternatively you also might want to consider exercising cause this is the perfect method for blood circulation and cholesterol problem. Take note that NBE will work if you have good blood circulation and body temperature.

Anna80,
Tell your doctor/gynecologist about your worries with taking the BCP. They can tell you their opinion or of any cases of people developing veins from taking BCP.

As for the high cholesterol, I completely agree with crystalelle about the fish oil. Anything with Omega fatty acids 3, 6, 9 (mainly want 3) will be good for lowering your cholesterol. So you can also consider along with Fish oil, Flax seed oil, Evening primrose. I actually have high triglycerides because of my diet (I like my sweets and alcohol). They used to be pretty high, but I started taking all 3 for different reasons and the next time I checked my triglycerides, they were significantly lowered.
Another supplement to consider is Chromium Picolinate. I also take this to lower my triglycerides, but it also helps with high cholesterol. It's supposed to lower the bad and help the good cholesterol get into your blood.

Also for circulation, cayenne is good for you. As well as the things crystalelle mentioned. Especially exercise. You don't have to go run a mile everyday, but just doing stretches and flexing your muscles will help the blood flow. Whenever my feet or hands are cold I just flex and stretch the muscles and they warm up.
Don't forget massage, that also helps and will be helpful in creating good blood flow in your boobies to make them bigger.Tongue

Good luck.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon