Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Who uses DIM with BO?

I gave DIM a try this past month and my results made me curious to see if anyone else using it with BO has had growth?

Taking DIM seemed to turn off any absorbtion of BO for me. While it did help with the hormone headaches, I ened up with no pains or tingles at all during my normal growth period and when my period started I had horrible cramps that I haven't had since starting BO, so it lead me to the conclusion that DIM may work too well and block BO...at least for me it seems to have.

Mel

Mel,
I started DIM about 2 1/2 weeks ago with my bo routine. I still have a few days left in my cycle, so I cant give anything definate yet, but I seem to be doing just fine. I also added raw maca at the same time. Maybe they're just cancelling each other out.

Hey Mel,
I've been taking DIM almost since the beginning of my BO routine.
I've noticed growth and tingling/pain when I take 4 BO (generic) along with 4 DIM, whereas I had no signs of growth when I took 6 BO and 4 DIM, or taking 4 BO and 2 DIM, as well as little to no results with 2-4 BO and no DIM.

Then again I also take BCP. But I've still had growth and no pregnancy scares. So I'm not exactly sure if the DIM is blocking the BO or the BCP or even just getting rid of the excess estrogen for me? I've just noticed that I grow better taking it, as well as this round of my period I didn't actually get any migraines and I barely had any cramps. yay~ Smile

Hi Mel,

I am taking DIM-plus since the beginning of my BO routine. I play around with the BB pills but I never stop my DIM plus pills of 2 a day. I have growth spurt every cycle just that I am not able to maintain it maybe because I am a Chinese. LOL! This cycle I opt an idea from Super Boob to increase my pills from 2 to 4. My ovulation took place on the 12th day and how I know this, the ovulation pain which is stronger this month compared to the pass month. Immediately after my ovulation my breast swell up which usually the swelling only happen towards the end of cycle.

My period pain came back last month, but it is still bearable. I am not sure whether after increasing the pills will make the pain more intense this cycle. I will update you this week as it is suppose to come this few days.

Hugs!

I looked through the BO posts on the old forum and found more messages of girls who got bad menstrual cramping while taking DIM (with BO). I don't know if it stalled them too. But I think there must be some sort of negative effect since most people who take (only) BO seem to get less period pain. But when combined with DIM, this effect seems to be undone.

This is just my simple reasoning by looking through posts. Nothing scientific, so feel free to give your thoughts on it girls.

Well my cramping was about the same...usually the first day, and nothing after that. I seem to have grown quite a bit this cycle, whether it was the dim or not...i honestly dont know. Day 5 will be Monday, and I'll measure then to see if it stuck around or not. One thing I did notice was that I did have a headache for a good two days before I started. Usually I get one the night before.
If I keep the growth, I'm gonna stay on the dim for another cycle...just to see.

My cycle where I journey with 4 DIMs everyday has officially ended with my period today. It has been many hours I am having slight headache which I only blame myself. I often get headache on a weekend as because I didn't take much water. When I am in the office I drink massive amount of water together with green tea. I am taking a lot of supplement which is making my body to work with it having lack of water will means my body is lack of the tool to work with as human contain majority of water.

As for menstrual pain I don't think I have it today or perhaps it is yet to come. I will keep you guys inform on it. I have been doing a lot of exercise this cycle. If what my friend say is true exercising do help in lowering menstrual pain perhaps it is working.

I can make a conclusion now that my period cycle for this time is at ease. No menstrual pain at all. My headache is gone as well after drinking a lot of water.

My surrounding temperature is around 100.4 degree Fahrenheit. Is like my surrounding area is having fever. Is burning hot!

Happy growing!

When i asked BB whether it is important to supplement with DIM they said that it depends on each individuals condition ,age and all that and that if i listen to what everyone is saying i would end up taking a lot of pills.They recommend Whey protein with their pills that's all.
It is confusing ,is Dim a positive or negative addition to ones routine Huh

I think it depends on each person. The DIM was a negative for me, but other girls say it helps. First unless ou are having a problem you are trying to address, I wouldn't add anything or change your routine. I was trying to avoid taking a break from my BB pills by taking the DIM, but I think I'm going to have to before long, since I've been stalled for several months now. I love taking them though, so hate the thought of doing it, but if it will give me another burst of growth like when I first started taking them, then it will be worth it.

My paperwork from BB that came with my pills said to take protien shakes, kelp and L-tyrosine with them, but this month I have only taken the BB pills and my grapeseed extract which is for my health. I figure if I'm stalled, I might as well use it and experiment with what I do and don't have to take.

Mel

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon