Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Can high heels cause damage?

Wink 

actually, i don't recommand wearing high heel shoes, of course it causes damage

I remember seeing a tv program that said if you do wear heels, you shouldn't go above 3 inches. 1-2 inches being ideal.

Another random bit I've seen on youtube can kind of help you understand. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMbc5maeIxk

while high heels may help with your posture and make your calves look great, the long term effect on your feet and back are horrible.

Did you know you have 24 bones in your feet that stabilize themselves when you are barefoot? If you do wear heels, make sure you do a lot of foot stretches and massage the feet. If you look at celebrities' feet they are all bone and veins, quite gross looking. Be careful about putting too much pressure on your heels, as well!

(04-05-2010, 07:57 PM)Cheryl1989 Wrote:  Hi everyone, i have a strange question and i feel abit dumb for asking it but i really want to know lol. Ok i wear high heeled shoes all the time, just about, apart from when i go gym or play tennis and when im relaxing round the house, the problem i have is i cannot walk properly in flat shoes anymore and my legs ache, now when i started wearing heels i could not walk in them properly for ages and they hurt my legs for the first month or 2 but then i started to feel comfortable in them and i could even run lol which id seen women do before i started my change and always thought how the hell can they run in them lol. Now i hardly wear flat shoes when im out and having to walk any distance but the other day i put my trainers on to walk shop which is a mile away and i couldent walk properly, i was ploding along and my legs and tendons ached really bad, now i got abit worried, silly i know and my question is can wearing heeled shoes damage your legs or tendons because i have no idea why i cannot wear my flat shoes and feel comfortable any more, is anyone else like this, i know you have all been wearing heels longer than i have so what do you think? is this normal, one of my friends said its because my tendons have stretched because of the heels and its normal but i dont know if shes right or not lol. Anyway thanks for reading everyone.
Hugs Cheryl xxxx

You wear high heels all the time wow respect to you! ahhh im a bit of a part time model lol(nothing big just calenders n a few local designers) i had to wear heels today my feet n legs soooo achy still..... gotta admit my favourite shoes are my scuffy old army cadet boots with spider laces

I think heals can be good(well no worse than sneakers) for u though especially if u wear like different heights cause they do tone up legs and strengthen ankles(as long as u dont end up tripping n twisting them) pointy toed shoes though flat or heal are bad for feet crushing toes can end up really damaging your feet

I'm going to say heels are fine... in moderation.

Though I very rarely wear heels and due to a poorly healed broken toe, it's quite painful for me. And I can't wear heels higher than about an inch, though I can walk on my toes just fine in tennis shoes or just socks.

Wearing heels too much can cause damage over time, to the feet and legs. If you're wearing the same ones, your muscles are in that position all day, so they're stiff and sore when you try to wear flats.

Hi everyone, wow i never realised so many people had replied to this lol i started it along time ago. I will admit i still wear heels all the time, not always high, but i have to have shoes with a heel or wedge. Flat shoes do really hurt me when i walk, my calves and top of my foot really start to ache. I will admit that i love the shape wearing heels as gave my legs though. This is pretty much the kind i wear most of the time ( see below ), they need to support my whole foot or else i do struggle, but 3" heel is comfortable. I also love the extra height they give me.
[attachment=935]

Hugs Cheryl xxxx

I have always heard heels are not too good I used to have a good mix of heels and flats but over the last 4 years I think I got rid of all my heels and only own one pair Huh

Actually I wanted a way of creating an arch in my feet my feet are not flat by nature, its not hereditary, I have collapsed brides which has lead to flat feet and wanted to get the arch back I thought heels might do it. Maybe not having a read of this. But Anastasia has given me an idea, arched inserts. maybe I can mould it back. And at the very least support my feet.

Hi Maz, i have flat feet aswel, when i first started wearing heels they really hurt for quite a while but i just kept wearing them and im fine in them now. I really hope they do not cause any serious damage though, only time will tell i guess Big Grin

Hugs Cheryl xxxx

Hi Cheryl, its good to know the heels stop hurting after a while, I went out and bought the highest pair of heels I have ever owned last week and love them to bits. I too love the height I get from them.

They are not too painful yet but I have only worn them in short stints to the shops so far.

I think the advise about taking them off sometimes like when you have your feet under the desk will save you I would worry too much about it. 3” is not the worst.

Not yet purchased the arch inserts, guess I must not care so much about them otherwise I would be on it already. The arched feet can wait I have to sort out my boobs and figure first. Big Grin

Wearing high heels all the time (aside from health effects) is not good for your leg shape actually. Though our legs do look nice in high heels, if you don’t stretch your muscles and wear more natural footwear periodically, your calves’ muscles get atrophy. I don’t know if anyone took notice, but exotic dancers often have very skinny looking calves – many of them wear high heels on daily basis. I know that I started to wear high heels early as a teenager and my calves were looking like sticks. When I started to wear normal shoes and high heels only occasionally, my legs really improved and look shapely and sexy now.

Good exercise to keep calves pumped and toned: step on elevated (few inches of the floor) platform with one foot (you need to hold onto something for support) and raise your body by bringing your heel up high (like wearing stiletto pumps) and then back down (below platform level). 10 times on one foot, then switch. Don’t overdo! I overdid once and almost couldn’t walk for two days.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon