Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Pumping and milk

Hi,
I'm new to this whole NBE thing (I just started figuring out that it wasn't all a scam like I thought it was), and am just reading about all the different methods people use. I currently am trying Perfect Curves herbal breast enhancers with the massage cream, and JUST started last week, so I have only some fullness thus far. I'm curious about these pumps. I breastfed 2 babies for a year each, and my younger child is 2-1/2. I still have a little bit of milk that I can squeeze out. Would one of these Noogleberry pumps cause me to start making milk again? Frankly, that's the last thing I want!!!

Thanks for any help!!

6 years ago when i got put on steroids they made me leak a milk substance from then on ,then after having my son last year i expressed for 5 weeks, in all these years ive never had a problem with the milk becomming more than drips and only when i deliberatly try and get it out, it never leaks out like when expressing,

every 1 is different but since you have been off feeding for a year i wouldnt worry, if the milk situation did become a problem then u can just stop and the milk will go back to normal

but ive personnaly neevr had a problem xx

Milk production during pregnancy is caused by prolactin but high progesterone levels prevent it. As soon as progesterone drops after delivery milk production is triggered.

Maybe your prolactin levels are too high while your progesterone levels are too low. Maybe you should see a doctor and have your hormones tested.

Using a breast pump is not recommended before you are completely dried up. It's recommended to wait about six months. Although I think you could start earlier if milk production has ceased.

I am no expert on this but this is my two cents. Hope that helps a bit!

Thank you both! I've spoken with several people who said it was a few years before they had absolutely no milk left, so I don't think it's out of the ordinary. I had my prolactin levels checked about a year ago, and they actually came back fine even then (Story of my life - lab tests come back normal!). So I guess really it's just about seeing what happens when I try it. :/

If you ask your doctor there are things you can take to dry your breasts up.

Pumping breast milk is the done thing among all the new mothers of today. It is not a must for everyone, but it is a matter of convenience and comfort. Mother's milk is precious and instead of it collecting and gorging up, it is better to pump and store the milk for later use. This way, the nursing mom too feels a relief and the baby too gets the goodness of the milk. Besides, when the new mother is outside her home and has to feed the baby , it is convenient to use a bottle, atleast for some mothers.

alex, you are waaaayyy off on whats going on here dude.

I just wasn't gonna say anything. Smile Haha!! (We're all off sometimes...)

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon